Expert Pick em

Woodchopper

Dear members,

On behalf of the sub committees on inter-forum compliance, and sub committee on analytics, I would like to assure you that everything is on the up and up here, and the decision to move forward with challenging other ranking services on overall knowledge of HS football was not taken lightly.  In fact the Chief himself felt that the time was right to expand our brand and has commented, "....It's actually sourced from several members.  I think its a good cross section of the board and we should perform well".

The results of our pick'em team will  be monitored closely, and the subcommittee has made it clear that the current members are subject to change should be fall below 1st place. 

We appreciate the concern of our members regarding maintaining the reputation of our forum, as it relates to knowledge of the National HS football landscape, and also for politeness and use of proper protocol, in interactions with other ranking services.

Thank you for your interest and continued support.

-The Comish

• Thanks 1

I do think there to be somewhat of a conflict in our website pick em and the prepforce one. We have multiple guys working together on the prepforce gig and then those same guys after collaborating (colluding against us if you will) running at us peons over here in the prepgridiron pickem. 

Seems a little strange if not some advantage for them to me. 

The only difference is that we may have additional games to play with here. 

I think all of the peon tribe should just go with the same games as the prepgridiron listing at prepforce as a default if they are duplicated in our site version. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I do think there to be somewhat of a conflict in our website pick em and the prepforce one. We have multiple guys working together on the prepforce gig and then those same guys after collaborating (colluding against us if you will) running at us peons over here in the prepgridiron pickem. 

Seems a little strange if not some advantage for them to me. 

The only difference is that we may have additional games to play with here. 

I think all of the peon tribe should just go with the same games as the prepgridiron listing at prepforce as a default if they are duplicated in our site version. 

Well, each of the 5 submits their picks and then we take the majority, so they can still provide their "own". But I probably agree they should be consistent in their picks to the Prepforce Expert as to the Pick Em

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

Well, each of the 5 submits their picks and then we take the majority, so they can still provide their "own". But I probably agree they should be consistent in their picks to the Prepforce Expert as to the Pick Em

So they never see each others picks or have a discussion about it before submission over there? 

I mean, it seems like if there is a concensus among players here as to what goes there, then it becomes a how ever many brains versus us single players here as they all colluded and see what the majority went with. 

Idk. 

I just play for fun anyway. It just seems a bit like a cheat code to me. Going against a guy with 5x the ammo in a death match so-to-speak.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So they never see each others picks or have a discussion about it before submission over there? 

I mean, it seems like if there is a concensus among players here as to what goes there, then it becomes a how ever many brains versus us single players here as they all colluded and see what the majority went with. 

Idk. 

I just play for fun anyway. It just seems a bit like a cheat code to me. Going against a guy with 5x the ammo in a death match so-to-speak.

Everybody can already see most everyone's picks in the Pick Em thread as not everyone sends their picks through PM.

You can also easily go to the PrepForce site and see our collective pick for yourself... Lol. We cant see anything you guys cant.

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes Prepgridiron now has an expert in the Prepforce Pick 'em.

Pretty sweet right?!

Head to head with all the other experts like Prepnation, HSFA, 247 sports and Prepforce etc. 

Definitely more reason to follow Prepforce also. Bookmark their page to keep track of how well our expert does against the rest. 

Some of the illegals associated with Lime Sink are looking for Woody Wommack's home address....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Everybody can already see most everyone's picks in the Pick Em thread as not everyone sends their picks through PM.

You can also easily go to the PrepForce site and see our collective pick for yourself... Lol. We cant see anything you guys cant.

Which is exactly why I said whatever games are picked at prepforce, the rest of us should just go with those picks as our default. 

No biggie. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Which is exactly why I said whatever games are picked at prepforce, the rest of us should just go with those picks as our default. 

No biggie. 

Consensus decisions make for lowering the collective IQ.  If we put the consensus picks into the pick em I submit they would not finish in the Top 3.

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Its a panel of 5: last year's pick em winner (Adam), Prepgridiron Logistics (GSB), Pick Em owner (ECH), Myself and a final proposed by the other panel members (OmahaVol). As I said, I believe its a good cross section. 

Is GSB even good at doing this sort of thing, or did you guys need someone to pick against to maximize the odds of picking the winner?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Consensus decisions make for lowering the collective IQ.  If we put the consensus picks into the pick em I submit they would not finish in the Top 3.

Sammy...think about what you posted.  Lowering the collective IQ?

Rab is banned !!!!!

Rufus>>

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No biggie. 

I have 2 differing picks from what we actually went with... You can still have a mind of your own, copying the PG picks wont help win the site Pick Em IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I have 2 differing picks from what we actually went with... You can still have a mind of your own, copying the PG picks wont help win the site Pick Em IMO.

We should just have our Champion represent us.  This collective stuff is going to average out the good and bad picks, and most likely won't result in winning anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We should just have our Champion represent us.  This collective stuff is going to average out the good and bad picks, and most likely won't result in winning anything.

So you are saying all the tiers would be the same based on this format? I get your point. 

I think the fab five will do us proud!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I'm glad these picks are causing so much dissension here. I really thought it would be more lol. I had no idea who exactly was making the picks myself until reading this thread. As you will see I went with the one word Brazilian soccer like name of David as the name used for the entry. I am happy that the guys here accepted as I know you are passionate about HSFB and the more people in the better. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PrepForce said:

I'm glad these picks are causing so much dissension here. I really thought it would be more lol. I had no idea who exactly was making the picks myself until reading this thread. As you will see I went with the one word Brazilian soccer like name of David as the name used for the entry. I am happy that the guys here accepted as I know you are passionate about HSFB and the more people in the better. 

Ha. I love and am of the opinion that this is a community and should be given to our members. Its difficult though because we can't involve everyone. As I've said, though, we got a good cross section, so the other experts should watch out. We are already 2-0 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1