CKKC: Rome 51, Marietta 41 - Final

ECHS05

The 1st game of the Corky Kell Kickoff Classic gets underway at 5:30pm ET... Or in 2 hours & 25 minutes. This will be the 1st game of 2 from Romes Barron Stadium on this Thursday August 16th... 

The 1st game features the defending GA 3A State Champs, Calhoun, against an up and comer in 4A, Ridgeland, who finished 11-1 last season losing in the 2nd round to a good Jefferson team 28-21. This'll be a solid warm up for the 2nd game..

The 2nd game, starting at 8:30pm ET, is the one everyone has been waiting for... 7A Marietta vs. 5A Rome... Marietta comes in with a lot of talent & hype while Rome is the 2-time defending 5A State Champs on a 27 game win streak. Everyone wants to see if Romes D can come back from losing 3 D1 signees on the DL... 

Heres the link to watch these games:https://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/sports/high-school/football/2018-corky-kell-classic-how-to-watch-all-nine-games-on-the-11alive-networks/85-582175749 

Freshman Daniel Martin needs to have a coming out party tonight for Marietta. He was the hardest hitting 8th grader I covered last year. Kid is very talented. Marietta has to get stops to win the game. I really like this matchup. It should be close to a pick em, but most in the know I trust are leaning towards Marietta. I guess I’ll just have to see it to believe it. 

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Freshman Daniel Martin needs to have a coming out party tonight for Marietta. He was the hardest hitting 8th grader I covered last year. Kid is very talented. Marietta has to get stops to win the game. I really like this matchup. It should be close to a pick em, but most in the know I trust are leaning towards Marietta. I guess I’ll just have to see it to believe it. 

Itll be interesting for sure. Itll come down to the D that gets the most stops cause both Os should be on point.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Itll be interesting for sure. Itll come down to the D that gets the most stops cause both Os should be on point.

You ever see film on Daniel Martin? He was North Gwinnett 8th grade leader last year in yards, touchdowns, sacks, and tackles. 

Miraculously moved to Marietta. Gonna be a star for them. He played a huge role in that FBU 8th grade team winning nationals w Chad Mascoe 

16 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You ever see film on Daniel Martin? He was North Gwinnett 8th grade leader last year in yards, touchdowns, sacks, and tackles. 

Miraculously moved to Marietta. Gonna be a star for them. He played a huge role in that FBU 8th grade team winning nationals w Chad Mascoe 

Never heard of em actually. I like North Gwinnett, I hate they keep losing kids. They lost some studs themselves... DJ Turner, Shuler, etc...