Grayson in the news again. Players walk out.

Woodchopper

6 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

when you believe in your coach...you will run through a brick wall....in this case...that trust is broken....kinda like breaking the seal at the nickel beer night until someone pees...you can't put it back

This. 

I think they're going to have a rough go against the teams they have to face with this type of stuff going on. Even if it's all behind them, it's not something that's really ever behind you for real. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

I just saw this as I've been working a lot.  I haven't talked to him about this but I know he runs a tough practice.  He *firmly* beliefs in practicing hard.  The paramedics from the two closest fire stations know exactly how to get to the practice field.

Practice hard. Play hard. 

I thought that was how most teams did it.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

You keep right on believing that.

Heres the thing...

The fact that this happened, means the kids arent really buying in to what the HC is selling. They arent going to play hard for their HC. They are going to play hard to show off because they all think they are stars.

Hopefully here soon, you'll finally give in and tell me I was right months and months ago. Grayson hired a HC with no experience... And wasted a class (2019) with talent that has been pointed to for the last 5 years as a Championship class and one of the most talented in GA history. Do you really believe Grayson can win a Championship with their players walking out at Practice? 

It appears they are primadonnas also... They think they are all too precious and important to practice hard.... Too many players that think they are bigger than the program.

16 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Yep I’ve heard for a bit they want all want Hunnicutt gone. He’s fired if they don’t win State. Just not a good fit. Bad hire for a national program. Their talent deserved more . 

Especially when it comes to hard work and hitting... can't have that kind of culture, absolutely fire the coach.

Makes sense.

Regards,

BGW

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Heres the thing...

The fact that this happened, means the kids arent really buying in to what the HC is selling. They arent going to play hard for their HC. They are going to play hard to show off because they all think they are stars.

Hopefully here soon, you'll finally give in and tell me I was right months and months ago. Grayson hired a HC with no experience... And wasted a class (2019) with talent that has been pointed to for the last 5 years as a Championship class and one of the most talented in GA history. Do you really believe Grayson can win a Championship with their players walking out at Practice? 

It appears they are primadonnas also... They think they are all too precious and important to practice hard.... Too many players that think they are bigger than the program.

Sounds like a chemistry issue and dissension in the rank and file.

Not completely a HC issue.

Had to clean house, those that left... left steaming piles of turds of dissension.

Culture is important, instilling the right culture is hard as hell.

Regards,

BGW

• Like 2

Good Program Culture and Prima Donnas don’t go together, too many times these elitist players well deserving of the accolades do not gel with good culture. 

It is about team, and hard work and hitting is involved, look at Colquitt with their grassroots program. 

Yeah ECHO5 prolly gone through a bottle of lube over this one, I’ve seen good coaches  derailed by this type of thing. 

Cutt ain’t do anything different as to what’s done at Buford and Cutt knows full well what that 2012 class almost imploded the program at Buford. 

Regards

GW