Jordan Beetdiggers

Fred

Mascot

Jordan High School students are known as Beetdiggers, as are the students at Brush, Colorado High School. This was due to the large areas surrounding the schools which were sugar beet fields. Up until about 1950, at harvest time, classes were usually cancelled during vacations of a week or two in October, which allowed students to assist with the harvest. Their mascot is "Digger Dan."

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Mascot

Jordan High School students are known as Beetdiggers, as are the students at Brush, Colorado High School. This was due to the large areas surrounding the schools which were sugar beet fields. Up until about 1950, at harvest time, classes were usually cancelled during vacations of a week or two in October, which allowed students to assist with the harvest. Their mascot is "Digger Dan."

Jordan Is one of 2 UT teams to have ever played a GA squad. 

They had a home and home with valdosta in 06 and 07. 

They beat Valdosta 21-14 in 06 in Valdosta and Valdosta beat them 32-21 in 07 in Utah. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fred said:

I'm sure there is a local story behind it but my feed is showing a score between the Jordan Beetdiggers and the East Leopards.  Far be it from me to make fun of a team name but I have to admit this one caught my attention.  🙂

image.thumb.png.cf9279a9e767f15342a604220b24da6a.png

The original nickname of “Beatoffs” lost the school board vote 4-3 😀

• Haha 5