Week one Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

8 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Trust me, I wish they didn't. Would love to see Folsom vs one of the best from SoCal. 

Realistically, who's the best possible team they could play? 

Since the top 16 teams get seeded into the open playoff bracket, the next best teams would be Upland, Paraclete, Narbonne, Norco, Helix. That genre, of which I may have overlooked a something something other  San Diego team

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Since the top 16 teams get seeded into the open playoff bracket, the next best teams would be Upland, Paraclete, Narbonne, Norco, Helix. That genre, of which I may have overlooked a something something other  San Diego team

Somethings gotta change. 

SJB/MD loser should be playing in the D1. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Somethings gotta change. 

SJB/MD loser should be playing in the D1

Not gonna change.  D1 SS will always be do or die.  Nobody should feel sorry for the top 4-6 teams.  It’s the bottom half of the teams that have 0 chance of winning that could be good matchups for D1 A/AA

17 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Somethings gotta change. 

SJB/MD loser should be playing in the D1. 

I think I remember reading somewhere that the "spirit" of the classifications was meant so that the top privates play in the Open and the top public get D1.  Obviously, it doesn't always work out that way, but I seem to remember seeing that.

On 8/18/2018 at 8:15 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

You guys need to understand that Narbonne is an LA “ City team”

While some individual talent exists, overall the coaching and facilities are poor. 

We don’t consider them “So Cal” for purposes oh HS football discussions.  They are just kinda “there”,

Are you saying servite > Narbonne?

Blueliner    807

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Blueliner
  • Members
  • 2,218 posts

Gents,

We have to also remember that DLS and Folsom literally had 6 months to prepare for the magnitude of this game. Both teams have great coaching staffs that had their kids ready for this monumental moment. They had studies so much film that they both knew exactly what the other was going to run pretty much on every play.. That is tough on any offense, and it was the first game. I personally think the lack of offense was exaggerated because of this. Both offenses will be "get better" quickly now that they'll play teams that haven't prepped for them for 6 months.

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

But Servite doesn't embarrass the State on the OOS stage.

Servite only plays BG OOS so no one ever has any expectations

And Servite lived up to them

I'm just trying to clarify for those you may have confused -- there are top 10 Socal teams every year that don't play in SSD1.

Heck, when it was called the Pac5, the best team was often elsewhere ('07, 08, '09, '11, '12)

18 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Trust me, I wish they didn't. Would love to see Folsom vs one of the best from SoCal. 

Realistically, who's the best possible team they could play? 

You won't get SoCal's best unless DLS trips up from here

However, you will get a team as good or better than anyone in SoCal except the big 3

The rest of socal just lives in those guys jockstraps

Wish there was a way to engineer a game between Folsom and CC -- that would be compelling for me.  Maybe OLu, and I'd be more confident there, but you'd get far less validation points beating the #3 Trinity team

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Didn't know that.  What happened?

That's good info for the excuse thread

According to @DevilDog

Narbonne flew to Hawaii with several key players out because of transfer rules. The Gauchos still had plenty of talent on the field, but expect them to be at full strength once they get everyone back including Jake Garcia, one of the top quarterbacks from the Class of 2021. He has to sit out 30 days after transferring from Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.).

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Down at the 1. And first down. I'd take my chances with that instead of an erroneous DLS touchback from a turnover. 

No arguement 

but from 50 posts on the subject it sounds as if he was in already 

even if Folsom got that call that’s still a very long 72”

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

No arguement 

but from 50 posts on the subject it sounds as if he was in already 

even if Folsom got that call that’s still a very long 72”

I think the main argument is that this play likely decided the complexion and likely the possible outcome. Just sucks it went like this in such a big game.