CKKC Day 3: North Gwinnett 34, Brookwood 2 - 5:19 3rd

ECHS05

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They put up 41 on a defense first team. They had a lot of turmoil leading up to the game with players becoming Ineligible. 

And Rome is the real deal. 99.9 percent of the teams around the country would lose to them. No shame 

Didn’t say there is shame, but right now they are not one of GAs best teams, but they will play a lot OOS

16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They for sure are one of the best. They are still top 10 in the state and showed better than every other team in the Corky Kell that lost. 

Here’s who looked better this weekend:

NG

Colquitt

Walton

milton

rome

buford

and that’s just at this event, what about Tift, Lowndes, Grayson,cartersville, parkview, Warner Robbins? 

They have potential for sure but there are other teams not at this event to consider too.  (I’m not sure they are better than archer either.) 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Here’s who looked better this weekend:

NG

Colquitt

Walton

milton

rome

buford

and that’s just at this event, what about Tift, Lowndes, Grayson,cartersville, parkview, Warner Robbins? 

They have potential for sure but there are other teams not at this event to consider too.  (I’m not sure they are better than archer either.) 

I feel like i might have ti cut Marietta some slack only because early on it looked like they were going to get slaughtered.   Then slowly they started clicking on O and for a minute it seemed like they might pull off a crazy comeback .  Now they have some holes that will be tough to overcome, but I wouldn't write them off as a top 10 GA team just yet.    

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I feel like i might have ti cut Marietta some slack only because early on it looked like they were going to get slaughtered.   Then slowly they started clicking on O and for a minute it seemed like they might pull off a crazy comeback .  Now they have some holes that will be tough to overcome, but I wouldn't write them off as a top 10 GA team just yet.    

Maybe, just maybe Marietta losing to Rome was a blessing in disguise and will prepare them for their game against Good Counsel. I look for them to bounce back against them as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Maybe, just maybe Marietta losing to Rome was a blessing in disguise and will prepare them for their game against Good Counsel. I look for them to bounce back against them as well.

Seeing as to how Good Counsel got killed by St. Frances, Marietta will score on them. Probably in bunches. 

Not sure if Good Counsel will be able to keep up.

31 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That Packer D was pretty damn solid.... one play a Packer missed on a knockout tackle. Definitely some headhunters on this squad. 

BGW

Not a ton of D1 linebacker intangibles, but, solid, fast guys working the middle of the field and/or filling the gaps. 

Just the way the Blackhat D likes it. Fast and solid with the ability and agility to cover or kill. Or both.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seeing as to how Good Counsel got killed by St. Frances, Marietta will score on them. Probably in bunches. 

Not sure if Good Counsel will be able to keep up.

True. However, Rome is no St. Frances tho. Gotta keep that in mind. 

I think Marietta will be fine tho. I think it'll be a shootout when they play Grayson, but will probably lose that game and as far as the St. John's game? That's the game I need for them to win.