National Teams with Serious concerns

Sammyswordsman

Now that we have some data, let's have some real talk about what we saw in Week 1.

DLS - Heck of a job on Defense, but the offense stunk.  Sorry but they stunk.  O-line was not able to get to the second level, and the RB were not breaking the first tackle attempt.    Way to many tackles by the Folsom D -line.  QB is a question mark as a passer.  The Bishop is licking their chops.

Marietta - 7 on 7 is their game, 11 man football not so much.  D-line looks like scarecrows.  Trouble ahead with some good OOS teams on the slate.

Archer - Defense?  What defense?  Not a good look losing to Milton. 

Pitt - Are we really that surprised?

Folsom - Unable to execute their offense vs. a typically good defense that can be found in Texas, Florida, Concord, Trinity League, BNU, Ohio, Vegas, or any other non D-2 level program.  Can we say "exposed" is accurate?

Chandler - Great scrimmage team, not so much during a real game.  Probably the second biggest unpleasant surprise of the week.  A lot of guys lost betting on Chandler.  AZ trending down in 2018.

OLU - Struggled with something called San juan Hills.  Don't trust this team with your confidence.

IMG - Scrimmage or not, Time to panic if your an IMG fan.

SFA - How many player losses can they take and still survive?

Bakersfield - #31 team in the state with (2) D-1 Commits loses to an Underclassmen (only 9 seniors) laden Servite squad.

Narbonne - Another team that will cost you dearly.  Always in the news for transfers, never in the news for producing on the field.  Up next is the annual Boatrace from Cen10.

42 minutes ago, old_e said:

Just be thankful that you lost. You just avoided playing in the open. Folsom does not want to see SJB or Mater Dei in December. 

And DLS does???

DLS and Folsom are very even this season and neither team would be able to compete with the two best teams in the country. 

Maybe if they combined their teams...

Outside of the aforementioned games, I thought the biggest shocker of the night was Cornelius (NC) Hough over Charlotte (NC) Harding University.    I had the teams pretty close but Hough just simply ran them out of the place, 56-6.    Harding U. is the defending 4A champ (14-1) last season and was expected to compete for another title this season.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Outside of the aforementioned games, I thought the biggest shocker of the night was Cornelius (NC) Hough over Charlotte (NC) Harding University.    I had the teams pretty close but Hough just simply ran them out of the place, 56-6.    Harding U. is the defending 4A champ (14-1) last season and was expected to compete for another title this season.

I will always root for a team named Cornelius!

• Haha 1

Not a good look losing to Milton? Milton is a solid team.

Milton plays Cardinal Gibbons,   a top 5 Florida team and top 25 in some polls... top 50 in all. Keep an eye on that game. Milton CAN win.

Marietta is still a good team... mainly because their passing game will keep them in against most anyone. Their interior DL is weak. But the DEs are a 4* DE BJ Ojulari, and 5* ATH Arik Gilbert.

Rome has a very good O. Marietta is not going to be run through like that all the time and the O threw for over 400 yards and 6 TDs.

Marietta will be fine against GC... not sure about St. Johns yet.

Marietta may not be top 20 right now...  but it was the 1st game of the season against a very good team... they have the potential to get back in that top pack.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Prepgridiron experts correctly picked Hough 

and picked Rome over the a #17 pretender Marietta 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Ok I'm counting on you to point me in the right direction regarding BNU.

Right now I have it.  BC, SJR, SPP, DePaul, Something other team, DBP, PC,

Good job

i got PC at 4  They got some athletes 

Its gonna be one of those years SJR And BC are 1a 1b until we see some regular season football,    SJR actually has a lil depth this year outside of starters 11 starters on D will Be D1 football players same as on Offense with a couple of the Sub RBs will get offers too Got like (3-4) RBs one who runs a 4.3 so we got different RBs for different situations 

sPP has the most mystery of a team,,, they lost a lot but also reloaded with Freak Athletes don’t be surprised if they click and are #1

• Like 1