Who is America?

DevilDog

32 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I do sometimes but I was being lazy today! 

If I do trim them down to STL, I’ll still smoke the trimming and eat like burnt ends with lot of bbq sauce on them  they always go quick!!!

Haha I do the same. Your stuff always looks great. I’ve had zero time this summer to get to my smoker and grill going. But did do  a rib and pulled pork competition a few weeks ago, but didn’t take any  damn pics!

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Exactly!  They make millions off of the divide.  The owner of XM radio is John c Malone a big republican donor, but he has many liberal leaning, right bashing programs on XM.  Why?  It makes money.  These billionaires and those that peddle this divisiveness are making off like bandits.  

And it can give you high blood pressure looking at the masses and they can’t see it. I don’t know if you watched shows like game of thrones, but seriously why can’t people see threw this shit... wish I was born with the last name of Rothschild, Walton, Koch ect... but  I’d probably be killed for wanting to see us all flourish . It’s a game of war on this earth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Haha I do the same. Your stuff always looks great. I’ve had zero time this summer to get to my smoker and grill going. But did do  a rib and pulled pork competition a few weeks ago, but didn’t take any  damn pics!

Same here. Been hectic. I did a sirloin roast smoke yesterday and the ribs today. Ribs came out good. Did 3-2-1 method and added DR Pepper, brown sugar, honey and cayenne pepper to finish it off  glazed with Sweet Baby Rays sweet n spicy sauce  

Been hot as hell here but the smoke has died down so breathable. 

Pulled pork is one of easiest, cheapest and best tasting smokes. I eat so much as I’m pulling it I don’t eat any more after, lol

0D198567-DA44-497E-BAD7-3D04F57B5F9C.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Same here. Been hectic. I did a sirloin roast smoke yesterday and the ribs today. Ribs came out good. Did 3-2-1 method and added DR Pepper, brown sugar, honey and cayenne pepper to finish it off  glazed with Sweet Baby Rays sweet n spicy sauce  

Been hot as hell here but the smoke has died down so breathable. 

Pulled pork is one of easiest, cheapest and best tasting smokes. I eat so much as I’m pulling it I don’t eat any more after, lol

0D198567-DA44-497E-BAD7-3D04F57B5F9C.jpeg

Looks great.  Yeah I had to do 2, 9 lb  boneless butts for that competition. And not a lot of time so I went Myron Mixon high heat turn and burn LOL. I’m old school only wood so gotta have that shit dialed in.

Did some modifications to my offset w/my neighbor. Some tuning plates, now front of my smoker by the firebox is within about 3-8 degrees of the back, works great. Plus a little tweaker paint job 😀

4C95C369-968B-4F36-AE16-6C81513A014C.jpeg

89963560-C7BE-4465-9A27-286A86CD4AA4.jpeg

94C346F7-38C6-4ED9-ACE7-2BE2ED973625.jpeg

4 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

@DevilDog All your talk about pork-ribs so I’m making them in your honor today... 3 more hours and my family will eat 2 racks or these dirt rats or whatever you all call them!!! 

CADC56C9-08D8-4E0F-900C-2D4E4D4D519B.jpeg

Enjoy yourself.  Of course warrior  I would respectfully decline.  We gonna have to start a BBQ Thread Post Off.  Now you can hit me with that Tri-Tip all day.    🤘

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Looks great.  Yeah I had to do 2, 9 lb  boneless butts for that competition. And not a lot of time so I went Myron Mixon high heat turn and burn LOL. I’m old school only wood so gotta have that shit dialed in.

Did some modifications to my offset w/my neighbor. Some tuning plates, now front of my smoker by the firebox is within about 3-8 degrees of the back, works great. Plus a little tweaker paint job 😀

4C95C369-968B-4F36-AE16-6C81513A014C.jpeg

89963560-C7BE-4465-9A27-286A86CD4AA4.jpeg

94C346F7-38C6-4ED9-ACE7-2BE2ED973625.jpeg

Nice set up there. My buddy has one similar. He has 6-7 smokers. Every style. Lol, he got me into the smokers few years ago. I been doing different methods and I’ve found high heat works just as good usually. A champion smoker gave me some advice last week on briskit. He said turn heat up and cook it for 6 hours. No need to go low and slow. Get your internal and your done. I disagreed with him and he showed me $25G check using his method. He won that convo!!! Haha. 

I’ve done pulled pork high heat and worked fine. Just have to get to good internal. 200ish. 

I use a vertical wood chip smoker. I like the flexibility of verticals. I just picked up a Traeger PTG for $70 bucks. Also have a huge 6 burner propane char boil bbq and 4 portable for tailgating, fishing, camping. Lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Nice set up there. My buddy has one similar. He has 6-7 smokers. Every style. Lol, he got me into the smokers few years ago. I been doing different methods and I’ve found high heat works just as good usually. A champion smoker gave me some advice last week on briskit. He said turn heat up and cook it for 6 hours. No need to go low and slow. Get your internal and your done. I disagreed with him and he showed me $25G check using his method. He won that convo!!! Haha. 

I’ve done pulled pork high heat and worked fine. Just have to get to good internal. 200ish. 

I use a vertical wood chip smoker. I like the flexibility of verticals. I just picked up a Traeger PTG for $70 bucks. Also have a huge 6 burner propane char boil bbq and 4 portable for tailgating, fishing, camping. Lol 

Nice. My father in law just gave me his Weber 22 in. Smokey Mountian smoker. Getting used to it. But it’s a Weber, the bbq equivalent of a Remington 870, reliable and won’t fail you!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Enjoy yourself.  Of course warrior  I would respectfully decline.  We gonna have to start a BBQ Thread Post Off.  Now you can hit me with that Tri-Tip all day.    🤘

Question.  Have you given up red meat?

As for me, I haven't eaten red meat for almost two years, and also don't touch fried stuff or sugary pastries.  Now it's mostly fish, some poultry, yogurt, soups, fruits, salads, and whole foods (and a little vino here and there).   Also dropped about 20 pounds since then.  I like this Warrior's habbits when it comes to health and longevity.  He's still enjoying life at 112 and resides in Austin, I believe.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ohio said:

As for me, I haven't eaten red meat for almost two years, and also don't touch fried stuff or sugary pastries.  Now it's mostly fish, some poultry, yogurt, soups, fruits, salads, and whole foods (and a little vino here and there).   Also dropped about 20 pounds since then.  I like this Warrior's habbits when it comes to health and longevity.  He's still enjoying life at 112 and resides in Austin, I believe.

Yep, eating one ingredient foods is the way to go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ohio said:

I have cut my red meat intake to no more than 2 - 3 times a month.  My diet is mostly from Africa, India and the Middle East.  Goat is the Red Meat I am more likely to consume and is better for you than fish or Chicken,  I haven't put Pork on Fork in 32 years.  I was challenged and educated on that Beast and I could never ever eat that unless life or death.  Look up Dr. Kellogg of the Cereal Fame study and detail account of Pigs.  I have been doing a lot of fishing lately to get away from store bought fish.  I don't eat any animals that consume carrion, or that will eat feces including Buzzards, Dogs, Pigs, Vultures, Shrimp or other scavengers.  I am working toward a plant based diet with occasional Goat Meat or Fish:

My ancestors knew what meat was fit to eat.  They didn't eat swine and even today you don't see Africans with Pigs no matter how impoverished.  You will see a Cow for work or occasional milk and Goats.  

Peace be with you and check out the below information.  The meat of the Prophet's was Goat.  Swine is Cured, Smoked and Salted.  3 death ingredients.  Why would I eat anything cured to make fit for consumption? 

Meat Comparison (per 3 oz. roasted meat)

Calories

Fat (g)

Saturated Fat (g)

Protein (g)

Iron (g)

Goat

Beef

Pork

Lamb

Chicken

3 hours ago, ohio said:

Yeah I'm good with not ever eating this. I don't care how good it is supposed to taste.   It eats carrion and its own feces.  It has no sweat glands, retains toxins in its fat and then this: Pigs sometimes eat the feces of herbivores that leave a significant amount of semi-digested matter, including their own.

This is why I call it a Land Rat:   7 Day Adventist are Christians that don't eat Pork and observe the Dietary Laws like Jews and Muslims and they live 10 years longer than their  fellow Christians.  I have a friend that is one.  Dr.  Kellogg was a member of that group.   It's the Seventh-day Adventists, who live an average of 10 years longer than the American Life expectancy of about 79 years.

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I have cut my red meat intake to no more than 2 - 3 times a month.  My diet is mostly from Africa, India and the Middle East.  Goat is the Red Meat I am more likely to consume and is better for you than fish or Chicken,  I haven't put Pork on Fork in 32 years.  I was challenged and educated on that Beast and I could never ever eat that unless life or death.  Look up Dr. Kellogg of the Cereal Fame study and detail account of Pigs.  I have been doing a lot of fishing lately to get away from store bought fish.  I don't eat any animals that consume carrion, or that will eat feces including Buzzards, Dogs, Pigs, Vultures, Shrimp or other scavengers.  I am working toward a plant based diet with occasional Goat Meat or Fish:

My ancestors knew what meat was fit to eat.  They didn't eat swine and even today you don't see Africans with Pigs no matter how impoverished.  You will see a Cow for work or occasional milk and Goats.  

Peace be with you and check out the below information.  The meat of the Prophet's was Goat.  Swine is Cured, Smoked and Salted.  3 death ingredients.  Why would I eat anything cured to make fit for consumption. 

Meat Comparison (per 3 oz. roasted meat)

Calories

Fat (g)

Saturated Fat (g)

Protein (g)

Iron (g)

Goat

Beef

Pork

Lamb

Chicken

Good to see you are eating healthy. 

Didn't realize that Goat was lower in fat than chicken.  Haven't had it in over a decade, since its hard to find good quality grass and plant fed goat in my area, and it's expensive as hell if you do.  In addition, goat milk is healthier than cow's milk and is generally digestible by people who can't tolerate milk. I still do eat goat's cheese once in a while, though.

I stopped eating beef because of all the hormones used in cattle and almost all of it is grain fed.  I never really liked the smell of any type of pork, and rarely ate it even before I gave up all red meat. I do eat chicken and turkey occasionally, but never store bought.  Know a farmer who sells me a hen or a wild turkey on occasion. Now I'm tempted to try some goat.

Fish is a good source of Omega 3 and protein, but it's good to stick to small wild caught fish like Alaskan salmon, mackerel, and sardines. Most shellfish have too much salt and are bottom dwellers.  Also, check to see the mercury content levels of where you are fishing.  In NE Ohio, some areas are low in mercury, and some it's better not to fish there. 

It's smart of you to try to go to goat and fish as a source of your animal protein.  I remember seeing a study on the longest living Seventh Day Adventist, and the ones with the longest life spans were pescetarian, followed by vegetarians who ate dairy and eggs, and the ones that ate meat generally had much lower life spans than the other two.

Peace be with you as well.

eace be with you as well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ohio said:

That's gross.

Gives me good incentive to never eat pork again.

I agree if he was dead the Dog would eat it and I wouldn't eat a dog.  Check out the report from Dr. Kellogg.  Most extensive study ever.  Did you know most pigs are infected with a bacteria that causes them to have arthritis even as piglets?  Never eat anything that will eat you on Land. 😉

Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints and is common in all sucking, growing pigs and sows. The causes are mainly bacteria. The bacteria include Actinobacillus suis, Haemophilus parasuis, E. coli, staphylococci and streptococci and Mycoplasma hyosynoviae. The commonest in sucking pigs is Streptococcus suis type 1 which causes chronic lesions sporadically in individual pigs but Streptococcus suis type 14, which is less common, also causes severe sudden outbreaks of very painful arthritis

39 minutes ago, ohio said:

Good to see you are eating healthy. 

Didn't realize that Goat was lower in fat than chicken.  Haven't had it in over a decade, since its hard to find good quality grass and plant fed goat in my area, and it's expensive as hell if you do.  In addition, goat milk is healthier than cow's milk and is generally digestible by people who can't tolerate milk. I still do eat goat's cheese once in a while, though.

I stopped eating beef because of all the hormones used in cattle and almost all of it is grain fed.  I never really liked the smell of any type of pork, and rarely ate it even before I gave up all red meat. I do eat chicken and turkey occasionally, but never store bought.  Know a farmer who sells me a hen or a wild turkey on occasion. Now I'm tempted to try some goat.

Fish is a good source of Omega 3 and protein, but it's good to stick to small wild caught fish like Alaskan salmon, mackerel, and sardines. Most shellfish have too much salt and are bottom dwellers.  Also, check to see the mercury content levels of where you are fishing.  In NE Ohio, some areas are low in mercury, and some it's better not to fish there. 

It's smart of you to try to go to goat and fish as a source of your animal protein.  I remember seeing a study on the longest living Seventh Day Adventist, and the ones with the longest life spans were pescetarian, followed by vegetarians who ate dairy and eggs, and the ones that ate meat generally had much lower life spans than the other two.

Peace be with you as well.

eace be with you as well.

I'm trying most of the people I associate with are either fish and Chicken only as protein source or str8 Vegans or mainly veggies.  One of them today sent me some info about eating plants that are alive vs. eating the flesh of a dead animal.  It was pretty revealing.  The NFL has a big kick on this especially the Titans with Veggie.  But I got the Goat hook up here.  A pretty Indian Sister From Bangladesh to hook me up whenever I want some. 

A friend says no Pork on da Fork and no Beef in da Teeth:  His moto 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/12/20/veggie-might-titans-d-gets-boost-after-going-vegetarian/108771904/

20 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I agree if he was dead the Dog would eat it and I wouldn't eat a dog.  Check out the report from Dr. Kellogg.  Most extensive study ever.  Did you know most pigs are infected with a bacteria that causes them to have arthritis even as piglets?  Never eat anything that will eat you on Land. 😉

Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints and is common in all sucking, growing pigs and sows. The causes are mainly bacteria. The bacteria include Actinobacillus suis, Haemophilus parasuis, E. coli, staphylococci and streptococci and Mycoplasma hyosynoviae. The commonest in sucking pigs is Streptococcus suis type 1 which causes chronic lesions sporadically in individual pigs but Streptococcus suis type 14, which is less common, also causes severe sudden outbreaks of very painful arthritis

Problem today is that most food is INDUSTRIALIZED and bastardized for the squeezing of more dollars....This combined with pollution impacts has left most consumers to walk a mine field to find healthy and nourishing food...

Vegans get no break here either...most don't even know what a real strawberry looks like.  Hint: it's not some lemon sized unripe genetic freak with the consistency of a potato that is artificially colored a lovely red by nitrogen forcing on the truck to your store...

Fish today are so polluted, if you take fish oil supplements even that should be low food chain sourced like sardine or anchovie and NOT cod liver for your omegas

Most people don't have the luxury of being able to access good, clean, organically sourced, non-industrialized food...even with the knowledge of where that even exists (not easy to find and $$$$$).

Your notations on bacterias (you should include microbes here too) are very telling as well...

I do not believe I mentioned this here before but I do suffer from a very serious health condition that modern medicine has no fucking clue or cure for.  Best doctors in the world, any amount of money, and all those pharmaceuticals have done less for me than simple diet upgrades....

Biggest upgrade and best immediate health effects is so simple I overlooked it for way to long......a good quality water...

Sounds too simple, but I too was fooled into thinking that your average 'Purified' etc. bottled stuff at your local market is good stuff....it's not, it is industrialized crap. READ THE FREAKING LABELS, Check the PH...almost all are acidic, and if you have to add industrial chlorides because there are no natural electrolytes (some labels even advert this like it's a plus LOL) then your drinking crap water.  

Kills me to pay the price for FIJI (highest alkaline/ph water I can find, if anyone knows another/better please let me know) but a couple bottles a day are cheaper than a pack of cigarettes, and damn sure a whole lot better and cheaper than all the pharmacology...

DD you've once again inspired me  😀 to get off my ass and check out the goats and prices at a local feed auction as that is actually going on today. Fairly certain that I will have a couple goats in the stables/yard before winter, with some chickens as well.  Will let you know how that works out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troll said:

Problem today is that most food is INDUSTRIALIZED and bastardized for the squeezing of more dollars....This combined with pollution impacts has left most consumers to walk a mine field to find healthy and nourishing food...

Vegans get no break here either...most don't even know what a real strawberry looks like.  Hint: it's not some lemon sized unripe genetic freak with the consistency of a potato that is artificially colored a lovely red by nitrogen forcing on the truck to your store...

Fish today are so polluted, if you take fish oil supplements even that should be low food chain sourced like sardine or anchovie and NOT cod liver for your omegas

Most people don't have the luxury of being able to access good, clean, organically sourced, non-industrialized food...even with the knowledge of where that even exists (not easy to find and $$$$$).

Your notations on bacterias (you should include microbes here too) are very telling as well...

I do not believe I mentioned this here before but I do suffer from a very serious health condition that modern medicine has no fucking clue or cure for.  Best doctors in the world, any amount of money, and all those pharmaceuticals have done less for me than simple diet upgrades....

Biggest upgrade and best immediate health effects is so simple I overlooked it for way to long......a good quality water...

Sounds too simple, but I too was fooled into thinking that your average 'Purified' etc. bottled stuff at your local market is good stuff....it's not, it is industrialized crap. READ THE FREAKING LABELS, Check the PH...almost all are acidic, and if you have to add industrial chlorides because there are no natural electrolytes (some labels even advert this like it's a plus LOL) then your drinking crap water.  

Kills me to pay the price for FIGI (highest alkaline/ph water I can find, if anyone knows another/better please let me know) but a couple bottles a day are cheaper than a pack of cigarettes, and damn sure a whole lot better and cheaper than all the pharmacology...

DD you've once again inspired me  😀 to get off my ass and check out the goats and prices at a local feed auction as that is actually going on today. Fairly certain that I will have a couple goats in the stables/yard before winter, with some chickens as well.  Will let you know how that works out. 

Outstanding I suffer from a disease and diet and fasting are the best thing ever.  If I consume large quantity of red meat I get mucous which most do but never acknowledge.  So after red meat I do a 2 day water fasting.  Goat is the kosher/Halal meat for the 🌎.  I promise you will feel the difference.  Thanks for the knowledge drop sir. I'm only consuming farm raised hand slaughtered goats.  No mass slaughtering/stressing the animal.    

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Outstanding I suffer from a disease and diet and fasting are the best thing ever.  If I consume large quantity of red meat I get mucous which most do but never acknowledge.  So after red meat I do a 2 day water fasting.  Goat is the kosher/Halal meat for the 🌎.  I promise you will feel the difference.  Thanks for the knowledge drop sir. I'm only consuming farm raised hand slaughtered goats.  No mass slaughtering/stressing the animal.    

Nm

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Saving up for Nachos in December.  Plus you and SOC motivated me as well.   My lady has to give it up due to heart disease.  It hurts her physically after eating red meat.  Plus her daughter a vegan just opened a food co-op trying to get fresh food to the food desert communities.  

She is trying to go fish and veges more So for her current health and life.  There seems to be a big push for this lifestyle among African Americans around me.  Including my brother in San Francisco.  There are 2 goat farms near me Wiley and Greenville.

Agree, there is a push.  Many of us are changing eating habits and I know many that have cut out pork and red meat entirely.  I know several are going back to Africa, pre slavery, and looking at the rich, healthy earth based diet that was consumed. Basically, slave food or soul food is out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Agree, there is a push.  Many of us are changing eating habits and I know many that have cut out pork and red meat entirely.  I know several are going back to Africa, pre slavery, and looking at the rich, healthy earth based diet that was consumed. Basically, slave food or soul food is out.

I went to an event back in May in South Dallas we had a co-op booth the Redskins daughter and her BF are Vegans.  African American Christians, Moors, Muslims, Hebrew Israelites and others about 30 booths and only about 1/3 was selling meat.  Funny I went to CVS next door to get some cash and a black lady inside said damn you can't get Pork anywhere anymore.  Pretty funny.  I know of Indians in Pueblo now eating their Pre Colonial diet and how it's benefiting them.  You can't be free and still eat a slave diet.  My sister eats it is now suffering from Hypertension and diabetes.  I don't know any African Americans over 50 regardless of their weight that eat swine that don't have blood pressure issues.  She isn't obese either.  Arthritis in her hands and body another affliction from eating it.  My brother and I have none of that.  Not perfect I slip with too much meat on occasion it is never pig.  I'm truly afraid of it like consuming a poison.  I know its tasty.  People that have eaten human flesh says it taste like pork.  Look it up.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I tried finding Dr Kellogg's report, but couldn't find anything that he actually wrote.  I'll keep searching.  However, I did find some info on the good doctor.

Dr. Kellogg was ahead of his time.  Back in his era people would eat bacon and eggs with toast with butter for breakfast, meat and potatos for lunch and supper and pie or cake for dessert and then complain about constipation.  He tried to get rid of all the animal protein and substitute if with a plant based diet. He also became a vegetarian.  Both he and his brother lived to be 91 when the average life expectancy for males was only in the mid to high 60s.  He helped create corn flakes, breakfast cereals, and vegetarian meat substitutes, and was one of the first health gurus.  He also knew that microbiota could have a bad impact on the gi especially with not enough plants and fiber in ones diet.

I didn't know about the connection between arthritis and pork consumption. But it makes sense.  I grew up on a farm where pork consumption was the norm,  and remember people suffering from arthritis, especially during the winter.  My father used to complain about arthritic pain in his his hands and feet even when he was in his 50s.   Now he eats mostly fish and some chicken as a animinal proteirn, and even though he is in his mid 80s, I don't hear him complain about any arthritic problems.  I never cared for pork that much, and never had a problem with any form of arthritis and I'm in my mid 50s.

Sir, I appreciate the new info.

• Like 1