OK....OK....Let's Get Serious For A Second

Rufus69

1 hour ago, old_e said:

It's more about how you sandbag Colquitt.

Sandbag Colquitt?

We ain't done anything yet.  We win one game and everybody is going nuts.  Winning the game is better than losing the game...so there's THAT.   But the Hawgs ain't cracked the Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten yet.

If we can find a way to beat the Titans outa Missouri...we might ease into the bottom slot.

MIGHT.

Way too much football left to play.

I'm guessing you fellers haven't done this thing much.  I remember last year and EVERYBODY was screaming...Lowndes and Grayson.  Lowndes and Grayson.  And neither of them made it past the 2nd round.  You gurus need to take a deep breath...relax...and follow the weekly games.

Rufus>>

11 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Sandbag Colquitt?

We ain't done anything yet.  We win one game and everybody is going nuts.  Winning the game is better than losing the game...so there's THAT.   But the Hawgs ain't cracked the Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten yet.

If we can find a way to beat the Titans outa Missouri...we might ease into the bottom slot.

MIGHT.

Way too much football left to play.

I'm guessing you fellers haven't done this thing much.  I remember last year and EVERYBODY was screaming...Lowndes and Grayson.  Lowndes and Grayson.  And neither of them made it past the 2nd round.  You gurus need to take a deep breath...relax...and follow the weekly games.

Rufus>>

No sandbagging as in all Preseason You made Mcceachern look like some powerhouse team then what We saw them actually play ..... They could not punt 20 yards , the QB looked like he Was Throwing the ball with the opposite arm than he’s supposed to, I was laughing at actually seeing Mcceachern play live cause it was like watching a bunch of high schoolers picking up a Football For the First Time

6 hours ago, Fred said:

I found it interesting that Rush was talking and running so many run plays.  As a massive (to say the least) proponent of the spread and passing and having said in the not too distant past that run teams are a thing of the past, this is a sea change for him.  I think it is a recognition of you have to game plan and play with the talent you have vs the talent you wish you had and kudos to him for acknowledging that.  I'll be interested to watch the rest of the season to see if the Packers stay with the run predominately of move back more to the pass.

Exactly what a coach should do. Plan a game  around the talent they have. Our new coach, from STA, was a QB for UCF and loves the passing game. In his interview he said that you plan to your talent no matter what. It worked out well for Cocoa, they looked rusty the first quarter, but rolled the rest of the game against a very, very good Clearwater. 

Always like Colquitt, manly because of your legendary Coach Rush, and what he does during the season with what he has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I haven’t seen this QB y’all have enough to be honest, but Parrish was a good QB. That said he was obviously a lot better in 2015 than 2014 (and asked to do more) 

Remember his first start against Hoover? Pick six right before the half. I think the gameplan to get his feet wet yesterday worked great. But they were afforded to do that behind that OL/running game and defense. If the game NEEDED more passing I’m sure it would’ve been called

I agree with that. I don’t think Propst wanted to push the envelope to hard to fast yesterday. I really don’t know a lot about the Missouri team this week but I think by game 3 against Thomasville Propst will remove the blinders off a little more and try to balance the offense. No offense to Thomasville but we Should handle them easily. I think we will need to have confidence  to throw by games 4 and 5 ( Warner Robbins and Grayson). If we were to keep things skewed to far towards the run  these teams will film review us to death and find kinks to shut it down. We’ve gotta be able to keep the opposing db’s honest. We do have viable (young) threats at WR. Propst hasn’t even knocked the dust off the cover of his playbook yet.... but when he does it’s going to be fun to watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

If Grayson can get off the front page of the National Enquirer and stop auditioning for housewives of Atlanta and get back to hard work and hitting they may be able to play in the mud of said mud hole. 

Cutt is doing what he’s learned at Buford, no different... here’s hoping that the Rams get it together and ..... QUICK. 

The season is upon us and Colquitt and NG are front and center right now, I hate NG.... hate em. 

Regards

BGW

The players got played with some very bad advice.  We'll see how it plays out over the next week or two.  Can't say more than that.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 94Packer said:

I agree with that. I don’t think Propst wanted to push the envelope to hard to fast yesterday. I really don’t know a lot about the Missouri team this week but I think by game 3 against Thomasville Propst will remove the blinders off a little more and try to balance the offense. No offense to Thomasville but we Should handle them easily. I think we will need to have confidence  to throw by games 4 and 5 ( Warner Robbins and Grayson). If we were to keep things skewed to far towards the run  these teams will film review us to death and find kinks to shut it down. We’ve gotta be able to keep the opposing db’s honest. We do have viable (young) threats at WR. Propst hasn’t even knocked the dust off the cover of his playbook yet.... but when he does it’s going to be fun to watch.

"94"....it was one of the best gameplans we've had in a while !!!!!

I even got excited when we chose not to put a punt returner back.  No need to tempt fate with a sophomore WR with a big lead.  Plenty of time to salt that in against lesser teams.  I do think Jaycee will continue to settle in at QB and you'll see our playback start to open up.  But I say baby steps.  Gradually build his confidence and by Region play...he'll be ready to rock & roll.

Rufus>>

40 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Sounds like Kenyatta Watson hoping he would get HC job.

Really?  Is that the bet you can do?  Of course the fact that every coach in Gwinnett Co is a certified teacher and Kenyatta to the best of my knowledge doesn't have a teaching certificate could play against your theory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Really?  Is that the bet you can do?  Of course the fact that every coach in Gwinnett Co is a certified teacher and Kenyatta to the best of my knowledge doesn't have a teaching certificate could play against your theory.

The problem is the Grayson HC abuses players in practice.  If not true why did the walk out happen. 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The problem is the Grayson HC abuses players in practice.  If not true why did the walk out happen. 

You don't know what you think you know.  We will see how it plays out in the next couple of weeks.  That's all I can say on the subject.