Now CA wants to tell people what to give their children to drink

HSFBfan

15 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Have you ever lived in Calf ??? Stay in Ga.....HSFB Fan is right.....

Has HSFBfan ever lived in Cali? Keep to yourself.

Let HSFBfan fend for his own soft headed crud for once. 

You two are sick individuals. He obviously has some mental deficiencies and you're a terrible person for egging him on for all this time. 

Smh.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I am very grateful to have never lived in CA. Been there. Will never return. I have mental deficiencies for not wanting government telling me what to do with my own body and if I had kids what to do with them. If so I'm glad I have them. 

But, you don't live in Cali. 

Why do you care about what their government there is doing? They elect their own officials. 

Their officials will answer to them. Not you. The day their constituents decide they are going too far is the day they recall or elect some different government.

Your deficiencies begin somewhere down in there around the same neighborhood of wanting your parents dead and continue through many twists and turns. One of the soft shoulder(head) areas where you pull off the road and get stuck is worrying about some other state's duly elected governments as if there is a thing you could do about it.

Another soft area is feeling the need to run straight on here and post about it as if anyone really gives a shit about how bigoted or soft headed your dumb ass is. 

Jeeeze. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

"Bigoted and soft headed" ??????? I doubt that....What he is is a guy who hates BIG GOVT and Calf has that....Bigoted, no, however,  he is NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT, which, imo is good...He not a Cultural Marxist nor a coward....

I'll never be politically correct. I hated political correctness. I absolutely hate big government as it stand against everything this country and founded upon. We should worry about it because there are other states that will pick up and run with the same shit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

"Bigoted and soft headed" ??????? I doubt that....What he is is a guy who hates BIG GOVT and Calf has that....Bigoted, no, however,  he is NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT, which, imo is good...He not a Cultural Marxist nor a coward....

You must have either missed or worse, agreed with the Muslim elected in Michigan thread. 

Definitely bigoted. 

Not politically correct or whatever else other bullshit aside, that was straight up bigotry. 

Straight up. 

It would be nice if you read the article because it doesn't imply your claim.

Quote from the article:

"The bill, aimed at combating childhood obesity, would not preclude children or parents from ordering alternatives, however, according to ABC 7."

Perhaps you don't understand what "preclude" means.

BTW, what is wrong with trying to prevent childhood obesity?  The article says that 20% of all cancers are from obesity.

Hey, they aren't trying to take your guns away.     😉

California is just fine.  Fix your own state first before worrying about the Golden State.

18 minutes ago, stanscript said:

It would be nice if you read the article because it doesn't imply your claim.

Quote from the article:

"The bill, aimed at combating childhood obesity, would not preclude children or parents from ordering alternatives, however, according to ABC 7."

Perhaps you don't understand what "preclude" means.

BTW, what is wrong with trying to prevent childhood obesity?  The article says that 20% of all cancers are from obesity.

Hey, they aren't trying to take your guns away.     😉

Than why have the law? If you can order whatever you want why spend money on thos awful law. It's not up to the government to spend money on this crap. It's up to parents. That's my point. So now instead of what parenting the government is trying to become our parents. No thanks. And if your drinking 2-3 sodas a day and I do daily than you get whatever comes to you. 

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

When the hell did that become up to some government to tell u what to give your kid to drink. More and more government intervention is horrible and you people in CA keep supporting this crap

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/402559-ca-bill-seeks-to-restrict-sugary-drinks-for-kids-in-restaurants?amp

Though this bill has good intentions.... in actuality it is like putting a bandage on a large wound.  Most fast food places sell junk food like burgers, fries, pizza, shakes, pies, and  fried chicken which are worse than a soda.  Plus milk is quesstionable as a healthy drink, especially for the lactose intolerant. 

Today, many kids are morbidly obese even as toddlers due to uninformed and negligent parents.   If the kids can't get sodas at a restaurant, they will get them elsewhere, most likely from their parents.  Here's an older video of parents enabling their obese toddlers

1 hour ago, ohio said:

Though this bill has good intentions.... in actuality it is like putting a bandage on a large wound.  Most fast food places sell junk food like burgers, fries, pizza, shakes, pies, and  fried chicken which are worse than a soda.  Plus milk is quesstionable as a healthy drink, especially for the lactose intolerant. 

Today, many kids are morbidly obese even as toddlers due to uninformed and negligent parents.   If the kids can't get sodas at a restaurant, they will get them elsewhere, most likely from their parents.  Here's an older video of parents enabling their obese toddlers

It is not up to the government to take care or watch out for u and me and esp if you have kids your kids. You as a parent are supposed to look out for their best intention. 

I hate government intrusion in our lives but when it is warranted it needs to be supported. This is a clear case ( and not just here in Ca. ) where a big chunk of our society refuses to solve a major problem themselves. If we as a society refuse to collectively deal with what we all know is something that is not in our best interests then it's the government's responsibility to deal with it. Obesity is a huge problem and a major contributor to our dysfunctional health care system.

I for one, do not want to pay the medical expenses ( via higher taxes and insanely high insurance premiums 
) because of someone's lack of discipline in their own lives to make it better. Many of these kids are going to have major medical problems over the years. The parents have the opportunity to stop or reduce that and they refuse to do so... hence this is one area of government intrusion I welcome.

California starts out poorly in having a high rate of infant and childhood obesity compared to other states.  California adolescents fall into the middle of the pack.  California adults do pretty well compared to most other states.  There are still too many obese adults running (slow walking) around California and it seems to be a bit to a lot worse in about 46 other states. 

A little bit of dietary caution in the beginning could be helplful in a lot of ways down the road.

This link has a lot of information about each state, if you are interested.  Select "State Briefs" near the top of the page.

https://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Your poll absolutely sucks this week. It's time to get off this side of the board, get back to hsfb business and tweak your algorithm for the better. #bad

I guess that when you don't have something to add to the conversation, you change the subject.  That's such a tired old move.

I'm not anxious about the polls in Week 0 but apparently you are.  You want it all settled before some teams have even touched the ball in a real game.  I think I can wait several weeks for some games to have been played.  Isn't enjoying the season the point?  When your life depends on your favorite team or state being on top, that's pretty juvenile.  It's fine to root for your team or state but to some here, their whole purpose in life seems to be to prop up their team or state.  SAD.  There is more to life than that.  Grow up.

22 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I am very grateful to have never lived in CA. Been there. Will never return. I have mental deficiencies for not wanting government telling me what to do with my own body and if I had kids what to do with them. If so I'm glad I have them. 

Funny never pictured you as a “pro-choice” person. But kudos for you with this stand. You’re exaclty right the government should stay out of what people do with their own bodies period!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Funny never pictured you as a “pro-choice” person. But kudos for you with this stand. You’re exaclty right the government should stay out of what people do with their own bodies period!

Yes I am pro choice on a few things. I believe the more government intervention the more screwed we are. Look at education medical care etc all screwed up. 

12 hours ago, stanscript said:

People that are afraid of the future resent places that are instrumental in determining the future.

If the future includes the nation-leading poverty, homelessness and wealth inequality (not to mention shit and needle covered streets) that California is sporting, then folks have a right to be nervous.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 8:26 PM, NorCalRuss said:

I remember when you or maybe drummer- someone  posted something like food stamps should be restricted to basic healthy food and the left loonies on here went ape shit. Saying it’s their money-stamps  they can buy what they want. Racist, Nazi, bigoted, whatever else they usually say... 

The Democratic party knows that health care costs would be lower if people, in general (especially kids), would eat healthier.  However, they are in a "catch 22" situation. If they force their voters to buy healthy foods only with their stamps; they may lose their votes.  If they let them buy whatever they want, then health care costs skyrocket in the future.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:54 AM, HSFBfan said:

When the hell did that become up to some government to tell u what to give your kid to drink. More and more government intervention is horrible and you people in CA keep supporting this crap

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/402559-ca-bill-seeks-to-restrict-sugary-drinks-for-kids-in-restaurants?amp

Dude Cali has a permanent place in your head.  You live on the other side of the country in a Democrat state.  Why should you care what the Great Golden State does or doesn't do.  You should just be happy we support the majority of the country and be done with it.  lol