Why was DLS vs Folsom ever in doubt?

Rcmore

5 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

DLS does not have enough playmakers on offense this year to overcome their predictable offensive game plan.

I don’t necessarily disagree with this. I like that you put “this year” in there. They’ve got some serious talent in some key skill spots. They’re just young and inexperienced. Their skill guys are all sophs or juniors. They’ll have to significantly mature this year to even have a chance against the Bishop or the SOCal big dogs. 

I think the BG will be good. Not saying DLS win, but it’ll be a good game. As block would say....book it!!🤣

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It was never it doubt for those of us in the know. 

*Privates>Publics

*except for scrimmages #columbiaeffect

*excludes KY

Exactly.

I said day after day it was stupid to talk about this game so much... DLS was going to win and anyone with a brain knew it.

Block posting so much about Folsom winning made it seem like there was a lot of people that doubted DLS would win... But it was just that 1 guy the whole time.

I even said to the guys in the PrepForce Pick Em, make damn sure everyone picks DLS, Folsom has 0 chance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with this. I like that you put “this year” in there. They’ve got some serious talent in some key skill spots. They’re just young and inexperienced. Their skill guys are all sophs or juniors. They’ll have to significantly mature this year to even have a chance against the Bishop or the SOCal big dogs. 

I think the BG will be good. Not saying DLS win, but it’ll be a good game. As block would say....book it!!🤣

I included "this year" because it's 2018 and we are judging 2018 DLS's performance.

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

BG will win.

All it takes to beat DLS is a halfway legit LoS on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Folsom lost this game as much, if not more, than DLS won it.

I understand that most of this board wanted Folsom to lose (possibly because of a certain poster more than the team) and they got their wish, but this game could have easily turned on the Spartans.  Pushing any anti-Folsom agenda doesn't change this.

Way to not give DLS an ounce of credit here lol!🤣😊

I like this Folsom squad. I’m a fan. I mean that. But How did Folsom “lose” this game? They got shut out. I get it there’s some controversy, but they got shut out! DLS had several missed opportunities as well to incr are their lead. They had several costly penalties that extended drives for Folsom. 

DLS did what hey had to do to win a tough, hard fought game against a hungry opponent. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Exactly.

I said day after day it was stupid to talk about this game so much... DLS was going to win and anyone with a brain knew it.

Block posting so much about Folsom winning made it seem like there was a lot of people that doubted DLS would win... But it was just that 1 guy the whole time.

I even said to the guys in the PrepForce Pick Em, make damn sure everyone picks DLS, Folsom has 0 chance. 

Did you watch the game? Doesn’t sound like it. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

BG will win.

I’ll give BG the edge til proven otherwise. Regardless, the game will be better than last year. I know you guys hate Cali/DLS, but I hope that you guys do t think that the offense you saw the other night will be the same as you’ll see against BG. But point taken on the LOS assertion.

16 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Unfortunately not. 

I agree. This sophomore class will all be seniors in ‘21. They’re gonna be sick😎.

That said, I know you’re not impressed with young Mr. Hale because you stayed up late and you weren’t rewarded with a 400 yard performance In his first start as 15 year old, in a game that meant everything to NorCal and both teams. No credit is due. Carry on. 👍

36 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I was worried there for a second I thought you were going to say 

DLS by 17

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Once the game starts slowing down for the sophomore, De La Salle’s offense will be exponentially better

Oooh no, Prep! He’ll always play like a 15 year old, and certainly not good enough to ever make it in Georgia. You KNOW that...C’mon man!🤣

....and are you going to the game in Fri? I may hit the Folsom/Jesuit game. I really wanna see how Folsom looks after a tough week. Jesuit looked really good at the scrimmage. But I also wanna see CC/DLS🤨

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think we witnessed him get better as the game progressed Friday. 

That'd make your statement pretty much on point. 

Totally agree with this, Hawg👍. When he stood in there on that 4th and 6, threw the rock before the receiver was even open  and nailed that pass for 17 yards with the game still in doubt...was huge. The team loves this kid. He’ll onlybget better. Coach A has already said the playbook will be opened up with Hale. I think we can all agree that will be coming because we certainly didn’t see it the other night. 

10 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Oooh no, Prep! He’ll always play like a 15 year old, and certainly not good enough to ever make it in Georgia. You KNOW that...C’mon man!🤣

....and are you going to the game in Fri? I may hit the Folsom/Jesuit game. I really wanna see how Folsom looks after a tough week. Jesuit looked really good at the scrimmage. But I also wanna see CC/DLS🤨

Of course I’ll be there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Totally agree with this, Hawg👍. When he stood in there on that 4th and 6, threw the rock before the receiver was even open  and nailed that pass for 17 yards with the game still in doubt...was huge. The team loves this kid. He’ll onlybget better. Coach A has already said the playbook will be opened up with Hale. I think we can all agree that will be coming because we certainly didn’t see it the other night. 

I think I picture the coaching tactic by Coach Alumbaugh much similar to what we are seeing with CRP and his first year starter here. Slowly get his feet wet as long as it isn't necessary to force him to open it up sooner. 

Pretty much the way I saw the DLS/Folsom game and the apparent game plan by the DLS staff. 

Of course they aren't normally an airing it out team to begin with, but, yeah, the kid has potential. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

On paper maybe, but not on the field.

I didn't see those "playmakers" making any plays.

1. You're not only not objective, you clearly are just trolling -- had you seen one play or did you just jump on to the game thread when you opined in Q2 that neither of these teams should be ranked.  You were also same game giddily extolling the "show" CQ put on McEachern.  Chaminade (SoCal) was thought to be better than McEachern before the season and they both took tough L's to open.  Let's see if Folsom can put on a show vs a better team than McEachern.
  2. It's early and this is more typical than not of the offense in game one, including teams than won shares of MNCs.  If you don't like Hale's potential, you're lying or blind.  Shamar Garret has the sort of athleticism that you say you didn't see (maybe you noticed it more on his 2 INTs -- if you'd watched).  The OL is new but big by DLS standards and more talented than average judging by D1 interest (DLS historically has D1 skill athletes/ LBs and gutty 215# linemen that won't play Saturdays, these guys are large)

Both of these teams were considered by pretty much everyone to be top 25 entering season and I'm not sure they both still aren't, even though Folsom must move down and work their way back up (if they run the table from here, they'll have a case, especially if DLS just shows well agains BG and MD/ SJB)

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I get your point. I was shocked that it was a double goose egg at th half. Nobody called that! But I honestly was convinced that DLS would pull away in the second half, so I wasn’t extremely nervous. And when DLS got the 3 and out, a 25 yard punt return by Garrett, and scored after the punt, I knew DLS was in business. Honestly, I think that questionable fumble into the end zone before half really messed Folsom up between th ears. Seemed like they weren’t the same after that. When Ngata got into that refs face waving his finger and what not early in the 3rd (which nobody seems to be talking about), I knew DLS was going to win. Folsom didn’t respond like “they’ve been there before” to that one play, and DLS sensed the proverbial blood in the water. So I’ll agree with your assertion of that one play changing he game...but our opinions may differ as to what that change was. If you get my drift. 

Grear game. Still “high” from it. 

You bring up a good point that was brought up during the game by a couple of people

Folsom got visually dejected at their missed opportunities

Saw it happen to DLS v STA 

Tough to practice against or do anything about when it happens, but good leaders help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Exactly.

This game was 52/48 DLS on Massey and that was about right and the way it played out

You were certain DLS would win because you have an agenda to put them in a no win scenario

Don't think you're not obvious

58 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

BG will win.

No, it takes an elite DL or that is the point you were wanting to make

DBP '09, STA '11, SJB '13, Trinity '15 were all in the nth tier of elite and better than anyone in GA (DL)

You make it sound as if Etowah is applicable

• Like 1