Why was DLS vs Folsom ever in doubt?

Rcmore

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Folsom will beat Chaminade though... Chammy sucks this year.

Unfortunately thats just a win over another crap team thatll make FolsomGuy think they are good.

reminds me of CQ fans giddy over the McEachern beatdown

Chaminade > McEachern

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Should be a 5 TD route, or Folsom should be embarrassed.

Chaminade > McEachern so 5TD win would be mean Folsom > CQ

I think that's possible, but unlikely

There's also a question of how Folsom is going to respond -- they've got a big local game this week (against a McEachern-esque opponent -- iow, they should win easily but it's not a guarantee)

8 minutes ago, Pops said:
  1. You're not only not objective, you clearly are just trolling -- had you seen one play or did you just jump on to the game thread when you opined in Q2 that neither of these teams should be ranked.  You were also same game giddily extolling the "show" CQ put on McEachern.  Chaminade (SoCal) was thought to be better than McEachern before the season and they both took tough L's to open.  Let's see if Folsom can put on a show vs a better team than McEachern.
  2. It's early and this is more typical than not of the offense in game one, including teams than won shares of MNCs.  If you don't like Hale's potential, you're lying or blind.  Shamar Garret has the sort of athleticism that you say you didn't see (maybe you noticed it more on his 2 INTs -- if you'd watched).  The OL is new but big by DLS standards and more talented than average judging by D1 interest (DLS historically has D1 skill athletes/ LBs and gutty 215# linemen that won't play Saturdays, these guys are large)

Both of these teams were considered by pretty much everyone to be top 25 entering season and I'm not sure they both still aren't, even though Folsom must move down and work their way back up (if they run the table from here, they'll have a case, especially if DLS just shows well agains BG and MD/ SJB)

Pops, just stop.

Nothing you typed makes any sense.

We watched it go down. I don't care what the QB does in 2021 or how much the OL weighs compared to past linemen. As of Monday, August 20, 2018, the DLS offense is average.

Keep rambling though. You're known for that.

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

Pops, just stop.

Nothing you typed makes any sense.

We watched it go down. I don't care what the QB does in 2021 or how much the OL weighs compared to past linemen. As of Monday, August 20, 2018, the DLS offense is average.

Keep rambling though. You're known for that.

Comical how a good number of the individuals posting on these threads didn’t even watch the game. 

I dislike block as much as the rest of you and he makes rooting against Folsom very easy to do. But let’s put that troll to the side for a minute.

Both DLS and Folsom are very good footballs teams this season. This is one of Folsom’s best teams ever. This was a huge game for NorCal football and both teams showed up and played a very even game which could have gone either way.

Certain individuals with agendas are trying to change the narrative. Folsom-DLS are both top 25 teams in the country. I actually watched the game unlike some of these 🤡’s and there was talent all over the field.  If DLS gets blown out by BG again I’ll eat crow. 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Folsom will beat Chaminade though... Chammy sucks this year.

Unfortunately thats just a win over another crap team thatll make FolsomGuy think they are good.

To be fair to Folsom, Chaminade was getting a lot of undeserved accolades and was ranked much higher than they should have been.  I think Folsom thought they were hunting bigger game. Same thing with the Colquitt VM deal.

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Comical how a good number of the individuals posting on these threads didn’t even watch the game. 

I dislike block as much as the rest of you and he makes rooting against Folsom very easy to do. But let’s put that troll to the side for a minute.

Both DLS and Folsom are very good footballs teams this season. This is one of Folsom’s best teams ever. This was a huge game for NorCal football and both teams showed up and played a very even game which could have gone either way.

Certain individuals with agendas are trying to change the narrative. Folsom-DLS are both top 25 teams in the country. I actually watched the game unlike some of these 🤡’s and there was talent all over the field.  If DLS gets blown out by BG again I’ll eat crow. 

I have to be honest and say I'm not sure what to expect from BG. Single wing? Double wing? Wing t? 

xD

Seriously though, there was without a doubt some talent on the field Friday night. It's honestly tough to watch film or a game between two teams like DLS and Folsom, and then watch a game between Colquitt and McEachern and compare them effectively. 

We end up seeing games between teams that have no connections and therefore it's difficult to decipher objectively. Hence we are stuck with whatever some polls said to begin with as our data points with which to try and create comparisons. 

I don't think any of us can be fair with each other using these methods in all honesty. 

I saw a pretty good game Friday night. I'll leave it at that. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

On paper maybe, but not on the field.

I didn't see those "playmakers" making any plays.

you don't go to any falcon games, do you ?  The crowds have their special shout out of " Hoop " after every catch. Even I made a trip down to ATL to see the Falcons and Cowboys last yr., and will make another game down there this season.

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I included "this year" because it's 2018 and we are judging 2018 DLS's performance.

CC, no body who follows Dela historically, would ever question that they don't look good early few games in season. In fact, almost never do they look worthy of their rankings early in season. But DJ and all the others who follow this stuff,  have always ranked  Dela according to where they anticipate  they will be later in season, where the real Dela usually show up. Right now, they should be about 30 or 35 in country, and could lose to teams down as low as 70 or 80's on a given night. You could say that for about all the teams in country,  except for maybe 15 of them. Last 2 seasons, Dela improved, but talent wise they have been at the bottom when comparing to other  Dela teams of last 28 yrs. so yea, they weren't elite.  I would just say wait until later in season before you call them no good. All I know is that they are a tough team for anyone. They did manage to beat a top 20 St. Johns last yr, who is preseason #5 this year. Folsom is pretty good also, probably a top 30 - 35 team when all is said and done. Maybe higher. Just look at your own team Colquit. They stunk early last season and ended up 2nd in the whole state of Ga. ( should have won it ). Use the same criteria for Dela.

5 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

CC, no body who follows Dela historically, would ever question that they don't look good early few games in season. In fact, almost never do they look worthy of their rankings early in season. But DJ and all the others who follow this stuff,  have always ranked  Dela according to where they anticipate  they will be later in season, where the real Dela usually show up. Right now, they should be about 30 or 35 in country, and could lose to teams down as low as 70 or 80's on a given night. You could say that for about all the teams in country,  except for maybe 15 of them. Last 2 seasons, Dela improved, but talent wise they have been at the bottom when comparing to other  Dela teams of last 28 yrs. so yea, they weren't elite.  I would just say wait until later in season before you call them no good. All I know is that they are a tough team for anyone. They did manage to beat a top 20 St. Johns last yr, who is preseason #5 this year. Folsom is pretty good also, probably a top 30 - 35 team when all is said and done. Maybe higher. Just look at your own team Colquit. They stunk early last season and ended up 2nd in the whole state of Ga. ( should have won it ). Use the same criteria for Dela.

Colquitt was not ranked in the Top 25 anywhere at the beginning of last season either. They weren't even close actually.

Like you said, use the same criteria, right?

6 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

you don't go to any falcon games, do you ?  The crowds have their special shout out of " Hoop " after every catch. Even I made a trip down to ATL to see the Falcons and Cowboys last yr., and will make another game down there this season.

And your point?

DLS doesn't have an Austin Hopper playing this year.

Jesus, what does a player who played several years ago have to do with DLS in 2018?

You and Pops are reaching, because you all have nothing else to disprove my claim.

9 hours ago, Blueliner said:

When he stood in there on that 4th and 6, threw the rock before the receiver was even open  and nailed that pass for 17 yards with the game still in doubt.

LMFAO the pass he threw into double coverage that should have been intercepted and was tipped, landing in a random DLS players hands laying on the ground!? Haha

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

LMFAO the pass he threw into double coverage that should have been intercepted and was tipped, landing in a random DLS players hands laying on the ground!? Haha

There you go yapping again without knowing or understanding the facts🤣 We’re talking about two different plays. The play I’m referencing kept the drive alive. It was two plays before DLS shot themselves in the foot by fumbling at the Folsom 1 yard line...which would have pretty much iced it 14-0 at the end of the 3rd. Folsom got another life before DLS snuffed it out yet again. 

The play you’re referencing was not a gimme int. But it woulda/coulda/shoulda been knocked down at least. Actually it was. But the DLS received stayed with the play and didn’t give up. This is very common with DLS...playing hard til the end of the play. And as has been said, “luck is when hard work and preparation come together”. Or another favorite, “it’s sometimes better to be lucky than good”. I’m sure Folsom’s benefitted from “luck” from time to time. 

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

There you go yapping again without knowing or understanding the facts🤣 We’re talking about two different plays. The play I’m referencing kept the drive alive. It was two plays before DLS shot themselves in the foot by fumbling at the Folsom 1 yard line...which would have pretty much iced it 14-0 at the end of the 3rd. Folsom got another life before DLS snuffed it out yet again. 

The play you’re referencing was not a gimme int. But it woulda/coulda/shoulda been knocked down at least. Actually it was. But the DLS received stayed with the play and didn’t give up. This is very common with DLS...playing hard til the end of the play. And as has been said, “luck is when hard work and preparation come together”. Or another favorite, “it’s sometimes better to be lucky than good”. I’m sure Folsom’s benefitted from “luck” from time to time. 

Based on your prediction of "DLS pounding Folsom," and Jesuit being "impressive," I'm going to go with a Folsom blowout on Friday. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Gonna disagree on this. As of now I cannot say either is Top 25 team. Both have to up their offenses. Neither displayed a top 25 offense (yeah both defenses had a say in this). This will happen quicker with Folsom IMO. Their defenses will be able to keep them in any game, but they got to show they can put up some points against elite defenses.

DLS looks like around a top 40 team and Folsom a top 60 team. Curious how BG looks this week, that might be a decent barometer for DLS in a few weeks to where they really are. 

Don’t expect Folsom to loose again. The Nade game would have been much better a few years ago, but they went out of their comfort zone finally so they get props for scheduling that. I’m curios how the SFL shakes out (after Folsom) week 0 was mixed bag and hard to say after one week. 

Both could work their way into a top 25 team, but three weeks into August I just dont see it yet.

All polls are just blowjobs at this point in the season anyway. Give it another month or so and we’ll see who’s for real. Until then the snowflake fake outrage is just entertaining to watch.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Gonna disagree on this. As of now I cannot say either is Top 25 team. Both have to up their offenses. Neither displayed a top 25 offense (yeah both defenses had a say in this). This will happen quicker with Folsom IMO. Their defenses will be able to keep them in any game, but they got to show they can put up some points against elite defenses.

DLS looks like around a top 40 team and Folsom a top 60 team. Curious how BG looks this week, that might be a decent barometer for DLS in a few weeks to where they really are. 

Don’t expect Folsom to loose again. The Nade game would have been much better a few years ago, but they went out of their comfort zone finally so they get props for scheduling that. I’m curios how the SFL shakes out (after Folsom) week 0 was mixed bag and hard to say after one week. 

Both could work their way into a top 25 team, but three weeks into August I just dont see it yet.

All polls are just blowjobs at this point in the season anyway. Give it another month or so and we’ll see who’s for real. Until then the snowflake fake outrage is just entertaining to watch.

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have to be honest and say I'm not sure what to expect from BG. Single wing? Double wing? Wing t? 

xD

Seriously though, there was without a doubt some talent on the field Friday night. It's honestly tough to watch film or a game between two teams like DLS and Folsom, and then watch a game between Colquitt and McEachern and compare them effectively. 

We end up seeing games between teams that have no connections and therefore it's difficult to decipher objectively. Hence we are stuck with whatever some polls said to begin with as our data points with which to try and create comparisons. 

I don't think any of us can be fair with each other using these methods in all honesty. 

I saw a pretty good game Friday night. I'll leave it at that. 

Great take 

29 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Should have just said this and left off the other paragraphs explaining why the game was bad offense and not great defense 

can you really tell the difference between what a #20 team looks like and the #40 team?  

neither can anyone else

14 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

I will say I caught a little of the folsomtv broadcast. The angle did make the teams look smaller and less exciting than our view at the top of the stands. 

From this angle, Nogotta was clearly short of the goal line.  I agree that the camera angle does take away from the fearsomeness that they musta looked like at the top of the stands

Folsom nagata.jpg

• Haha 4