Why was DLS vs Folsom ever in doubt?

Rcmore

Gents,

We have to also remember that DLS and Folsom literally had 6 months to prepare for the magnitude of this game. Both teams have great coaching staffs that had their kids ready for this monumental moment. They had studies so much film that they both knew exactly what the other was going to run pretty much on every play.. That is tough on any offense, and it was the first game. I personally think the lack of offense was exaggerated because of this. Both offenses will be "get better" quickly now that they'll play teams that haven't prepped for them for 6 months.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Gents,

We have to also remember that DLS and Folsom literally had 6 months to prepare for the magnitude of this game. Both teams have great coaching staffs that had their kids ready for this monumental moment. They had studies so much film that they both knew exactly what the other was going to run pretty much on every play.. That is tough on any offense, and it was the first game. I personally think the lack of offense was exaggerated because of this. Both offenses will be "get better" quickly now that they'll play teams that haven't prepped for them for 6 months.

Just guys hating, especially GAs in a game between 2 NorCal powers, especially everyone else because of FPB

you we’re right about the defense and although I would have loved to see offense firing on all cylinders I’m not surprised not very discouraged 

they managed to do enough against an elite team to live another day 

will need to improve before BG 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Colquitt was not ranked in the Top 25 anywhere at the beginning of last season either. They weren't even close actually.

Like you said, use the same criteria, right?

The point is, where did Colquitt finish ?  If your worried about preseason polls, than I guess you'll have a lot of griping to do. Rankings will take care of themselves. I really could care less about this preseason polls. What matters to me  is to see teams progress and how they finish. This is at college level and pro as well as High School. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Gents,

thats the ticket.jpg

Reposting to the Excuse thread

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

Just guys hating, especially GAs in a game between 2 NorCal powers, especially everyone else because of FPB

you we’re right about the defense and although I would have loved to see offense firing on all cylinders I’m not surprised not very discouraged 

they managed to do enough against an elite team to live another day 

will need to improve before BG 

Yeah. The GA guys are on one for sure. I agree they'll need to improve a lot on offense to beat the Bishop. Looking forward to the MD/BG game.

12 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The point is, where did Colquitt finish ?  If your worried about preseason polls, than I guess you'll have a lot of griping to do. Rankings will take care of themselves. I really could care less about this preseason polls. What matters to me  is to see teams progress and how they finish. This is at college level and pro as well as High School. 

It's no longer preseason polls in question. We aren't discussing 2017 any longer.

After a week of actual game play DLS is still in the Top 25 (which they did not perform at) and even in the Top 10 at Calpreps.

Tell us again about the criteria that should be applied evenly...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It's no longer preseason polls in question. We aren't discussing 2017 any longer.

After a week of actual game play DLS is still in the Top 25 (which they did not perform at) and even in the Top 10 at Calpreps.

Tell us again why DLS isn’t top 10 or 25

they played a better team than CQ EVER  has and shut them out — there’d already be a parade in Moultrie 

get out of here with your trolling from the small pond 

im certain Folsom would love to host CQ next year but there are a couple of issues 

1) Comsuela doesn’t have co tact info for any top 1,000 teams  

2). CQ puts all their money in long haul trailers that don’t leave the county 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They beat a higher ranked team,  Even though they had big problems on Offense. Do you think if Alabama, or Ohio ST. go out their first games and don't look good, but still win, do you think they are going to drop them out of the top 10. Look at Fl St. a couple of seasons ago; every game was down to the wire, but they still won. Give me a break with this first game rookie analysis. Later on in season, maybe then your gripes can have some substance. Rome may have looked good against Marrietta, but you never know down later in season. Norcross should be your best example of a slow starting team.  In the end #1 in Ga.

4 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Gents,

Agreed on this. Excited to see how Folsom O gets it going against Jesuit. 

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

From this angle, Nogotta was clearly short of the goal line.  I agree that the camera angle does take away from the fearsomeness that they musta looked like at the top of the stands

Folsom nagata.jpg

I knew I could count on you Sammy. And love the play on Ngata's name. Priceless. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

They beat a higher ranked team,  Even though they had big problems on Offense. Do you think if Alabama, or Ohio ST. go out their first games and don't look good, but still win, do you think they are going to drop them out of the top 10. Look at Fl St. a couple of seasons ago; every game was down to the wire, but they still won. Give me a break with this first game rookie analysis. Later on in season, maybe then your gripes can have some substance. Rome may have looked good against Marrietta, but you never know down later in season. Norcross should be your best example of a slow starting team.  In the end #1 in Ga.

Norcross actually looked pretty solid. Hardly a slow start to this season, unfortunately they aren't gifted a ranking like DLS gets EVERY single year. 

What you're ignoring is how inflated many teams are in preseason and then move up based on wins even against subpar competition.

When DLS gets blown out against BG in week 5 and look as inept as they did offensively in week 1, are you going to support them still being ranked amongst the best team in the country. How about when Folsom allows more points to many of their remaining than the 14 given up to DLS. Are you still going to be singing this same tune?

Bottom line is you rank them where they are now, not where they could be. This seems to be a common occurrence for many of the CA teams.

I await your next excuse.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

they played a better team than CQ EVER  has and shut them out — there’d already be a parade in Moultrie 

im certain Folsom would love to host CQ next year but there are a couple of issues 

Pops, your ignorant post do not deserve a reply.

I've stated repeatedly why DLS is not Top 25, much less Top 10. Go back through the various posts and learn something.

Name another Top 10 or 25 team that would struggle to score 14 points on 100 turnovers by their opposition. Folsom would have been ass blasted if they did that to any real top squads.

Did I mention youre an idiot and incapable of these discussions yet?

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Norcross actually looked pretty solid. Hardly a slow start to this season, unfortunately they aren't gifted a ranking like DLS gets EVERY single year. 

What you're ignoring is how inflated many teams are in preseason and then move up based on wins even against subpar competition.

When DLS gets blown out against BG in week 5 and look as inept as they did offensively in week 1, are you going to support them still being ranked amongst the best team in the country. How about when Folsom allows more points to many of their remaining than the 14 given up to DLS. Are you still going to be singing this same tune?

Bottom line is you rank them where they are now, not where they could be. This seems to be a common occurrence for many of the CA teams.

I await your next excuse.

Folsom is better than Colquitt. and it's not close. 

After watching it again... That "fumble" by Folsom down near the goal line was the wrong call. I havent been paying attention to all the Cali-post-Folsom-DLS chatter... But the RB, even if you dont call that a TD, was definitely down before he fumbled... At worst Folsom shouldve had the ball at the 1/2 yard line.

Decent run before that fumble.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

They played a better team than Colquitt ever has... Lmao.

You just keep on with the jokes. Or mindless dribble... Hard to tell the difference from Pops.

2016 Grayson wouldve shoved Folsom back up their own ass.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

After watching it again... That "fumble" by Folsom down near the goal line was the wrong call. I havent been paying attention to all the Cali-post-Folsom-DLS chatter... But the RB, even if you dont call that a TD, was definitely down before he fumbled... At worst Folsom shouldve had the ball at the 1/2 yard line.

We call fumbling on the 1 yard line "Nogotta'd" .

Folsom got Nogotta'd. and now they Nogotta any points this year.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I've said it once and this is the last time I'll mention it. The near field line judge was right behind the action. In real time, it was hard to tell. Plus, I don't think he had a good angle. Rather than blowing the play dead, he let the ball be recovered. He immediately went to the other officials to see if they had a better angle. No one, it seems, could overturn it. So, while it was the wrong call, I think the officials did well under the circumstances. This is high school football and these breaks happen. 

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I've said it once and this is the last time I'll mention it. The near field line judge was right behind the action. In real time, it was hard to tell. Plus, I don't think he had a good angle. Rather than blowing the play dead, he let the ball be recovered. He immediately went to the other officials to see if they had a better angle. No one, it seems, could overturn it. So, while it was the wrong call, I think the officials did well under the circumstances. This is high school football and these breaks happen. 

No doubt... Not faulting the refs, I realize it happens. Im simply stating it appears to be the wrong call... But obviously I can sit here and pause/slow down the play at any point I like... the refs had to make a call in real time where I could definitely see how it looked like it popped out.

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Youd be singing a different tune if this was called on DLS and it possibly cost them the game. 

But of course- "its HS football and these breaks happen."

Least you could do is be honest. 

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

No doubt... Not faulting the refs, I realize it happens. Im simply stating it appears to be the wrong call... But obviously I can sit here and pause/slow down the play at any point I like... the refs had to make a call in real time where I could definitely see how it looked like it popped out.

To me it looked close but the after the appeal to New York, it was ruled that Nogotta did not complete a football move prior to losing the football.  Here it is from a different angle.

Folsom nagata.jpg

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

It changed the entire game. Rather than folsom likely going up 7-0, DLS gets a touchback and the ball on the 20 yard line. They immediately score. Changed everything. 

Not one word from DLS fans until the video was shown. Prior to that they excused us of lying.  

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

To me it looked close but the after the appeal to New York, it was ruled that Nogotta did not complete a football move prior to losing the football.  Here it is from a different angle.

Folsom nagata.jpg

Meester Rush heee wanna skedul dees teems.  Do eeny'one hava de fone numero?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Youd be singing a different tune if this was called on DLS and it possibly cost them the game. 

But of course- "its HS football and these breaks happen."

Least you could do is be honest. 

De La Salle went to TX and got called on TX specific rules. Its the game, man. I'd certainly make mention of it, but what are you going to do about it? You can't do anything. I wish Custer doesn't fumble that ball before the half against Trinity or doesn't get hurt at the opening KO in SJB/DLS I. These are all things I wish, but its football and that's the way the ball bounces in closely contested battles.