Why was DLS vs Folsom ever in doubt?

Rcmore

9 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

It changed the entire game. Rather than folsom likely going up 7-0, DLS gets a touchback and the ball on the 20 yard line. They immediately score. Changed everything. 

Not one word from DLS fans until the video was shown. Prior to that they excused us of lying.  

What? You change so many narratives. Like I said many months ago, you are disingenuous. 

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

De La Salle went to TX and got called on TX specific rules. Its the game, man. I'd certainly make mention of it, but what are you going to do about it? You can't do anything. I wish Custer doesn't fumble that ball before the half against Trinity or doesn't get hurt at the opening KO in SJB/DLS I. These are all things I wish, but its football and that's the way the ball bounces in closely contested battles. 

Big difference between truly fumbling, getting hurt, or the ball bouncing a certain way. That I can accept.

This place wasn't a "bang bang play." It was obvious even at full speed on the video and especially slow mo. It wasn't close.

Changed the entire game. 

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

De La Salle went to TX and got called on TX specific rules. Its the game, man. I'd certainly make mention of it, but what are you going to do about it? You can't do anything. I wish Custer doesn't fumble that ball before the half against Trinity or doesn't get hurt at the opening KO in SJB/DLS I. These are all things I wish, but its football and that's the way the ball bounces in closely contested battles. 

^

In last years Natty, UGA blocked Bamas punt, and shouldve had the ball inside Bamas 15... Yet the refs erroneously called UGA offsides and Bama got to repunt... Georgia was up 13-0, and couldve gone up by more, instead of Bama making it 13-7 not long after. Bama wouldn't have been able to send it to OT at that point and it wouldve been game over... But that didnt happen.

• Thanks 1

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

What? You change so many narratives. Like I said many months ago, you are disingenuous. 

Not even close. I am referring to @AztecPadre who claimed the picture we posted for the play was fake and from another play. He is a big DLS fan.

Go look through the thread. 

I think you guys immediately revert to the "fake!" or "disingenuous!" when you are wrong or have been called out. Why? Just be honest. 

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Big difference between truly fumbling, getting hurt, or the ball bouncing a certain way. That I can accept.

This place wasn't a "bang bang play." It was obvious even at full speed on the video and especially slow mo. It wasn't close.

Changed the entire game. 

Have your river of tears, man. I'm done with it; its been dissected ad nauseam and will not change the outcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Not even close. I am referring to @AztecPadre who claimed the picture we posted for the play was fake and from another play. He is a big DLS fan.

Go look through the thread. 

I think you guys immediately revert to the "fake!" or "disingenuous!" when you are wrong or have been called out. Why? Just be honest. 

Brother I was speaking to this part: "Rather than folsom likely going up 7-0, DLS gets a touchback and the ball on the 20 yard line. They immediately score."

When will talk about this game of the 6th and 7th best teams in California over...Folsom is the true winner. The Bulldogs now can stay in the kiddy pool and beat narbonne in December and claim an other “state championship”, while poor DLS is going to run over in the Open Bowl...

sometimes in life things are win-win, this game is lose-lose for NorCal...

#hellasad

6 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Wrong about what, exactly? 

"In real time, it was hard to tell. Plus, I don't think he had a good angle. Rather than blowing the play dead, he let the ball be recovered. He immediately went to the other officials to see if they had a better angle. No one, it seems, could overturn it. So, while it was the wrong call, I think the officials did well under the circumstances. "

1. Call was obvious in real time 

2. Look at the play. One ref behind the play. Ref to the left had a PERFECT angle.

3. Yes, someone could have overturned it. 

Anything else?

****Watch where the ref to the left, near the goal line is during this play. 

Just now, BraceFace69 said:

It’s unfortunate but it happens. No video tape eveidence can be reviewed in any high school sports (I believe anyways) some coach tried to send in a video clip and have part of a game overturned but was rejected by NCS due to the bylaws. I do not know the exact rules though 

Nothing can be overturned. I am just saying the call was obvious. Some posters have alluded to it being a bang bang play and it NOT being obvious. Some posters even accused us of faking the original photo and video.

Ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

See what I mean- You know you're wrong, so you just revert back to the same shit. 

Here is a pic- I bet it's fake right? LOL. Cry me a river. 

Capture.PNG

Look at the ref behind the play. He was the one that made the call. You think he sees Ngata's knee with the DLS defender blocking his view. There is another image where you can see the back judge. He doesn't have the view either. I watched that line judge right after the fumble. He swallowed his whistle and immediately ran to the other officials. They conferred and decided to rule it was a fumble, but you want to make it out like " It was obvious even at full speed on the video and especially slow mo. It wasn't close." Again, what am I wrong about. Was the call wrong? Yes. Was it a bad call by the ref given the circumstances? No Is that part of football? Yes. Take some pride in yourself and act like your coach who said "it wasn't the reason we lost. We didn't execute offensively."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Look at the ref behind the play. He was the one that made the call. You think he sees Ngata's knee with the DLS defender blocking his view. There is another image where you can see the back judge. He doesn't have the view either. I watched that line judge right after the fumble. He swallowed his whistle and immediately ran to the other officials. They conferred and decided to rule it was a fumble, but you want to make it out like " It was obvious even at full speed on the video and especially slow mo. It wasn't close." Again, what am I wrong about. Was the call wrong? Yes. Was it a bad call by the ref given the circumstances? No Is that part of football? Yes. Take some pride in yourself and act like your coach who said "it wasn't the reason we lost. We didn't execute offensively."

Look at the ref and angle I am referring to. He's STANDING at the goal line with the perfect angle!

Take some pride? I never said it was the reason we lost. I said MULTIPLE times it changed the complexion of the game.

Stop giving excuses for why you won but didn't beat us. You were the most relieved person in the stands Friday!

Capture.PNG

First, it was a "bang bang play." Proven wrong.

Then it was "well the ref didn't have a good angle!" Ya, the ref behind the play!

Then I show the ref with the perfect angle, AT the goal line, who "supposedly" couldn't have overturned it.

Then- "oh, well its part of the game!"

If this happened to DLS they would be crying foul, appealing to the CIF, etc....... Your fans were celebrating after EVERY tackle on defense. It was hilarious. Some RELIEVED DLS fan boys after that game I tell ya........

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

That call stings but I'm ready to move on from it. There's missed calls in every game and this one just happened to be a big one. 

If Folsom didn't turn the ball over 5 other times the outcome might have been different. They beat themselves. 

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!

!!!!

!!

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I feel like this will validate your life. So....no soup for you. 

@PrepGridiron "But but but! The ref had a bad angle! There was no other view that could have reversed it!"

Me- Yes, there was. Watch this.

@PrepGridiron- I'm not talking about this! This will validate you! No no no!

LMFAO. My god. We aren't women here. Man up and we can move on. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

@PrepGridiron "But but but! The ref had a bad angle! There was no other view that could have reversed it!"

Me- Yes, there was. Watch this.

@PrepGridiron- I'm not talking about this! This will validate you! No no no!

LMFAO. My god. We aren't women here. Man up and we can move on. 

I’d give you a thumbs down but that is too funny not to laugh at

• Haha 1