Aquinas vs Dematha 8/25/2018

StAllThewaY

On 8/23/2018 at 10:18 PM, BigDrop said:

I believe I saw every game that year including both the victory over Good Counsel for the WCAC championship and also, I believe, a one point loss to Gilman.

FWIW I believe the best DeMatha team I have ever seen (and also the best DC area team ever-of any school) was 1998 with Scott McBrien and 20 or more others who received scholarships.  DeMatha won the WCAC championship that year by 40 or more points.

Awesome team! Think may be selling one of Good Counsel's Stefon Diggs' seasons short.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

I like STA QB...Guts..

Agree. Missed last night so watching the game now.  Like what I see from the STA Harvard QB commit so far.  I was fortunate to play in the IVY league & would suggest a number of its qbs are underrated

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GCTX said:

Agree. Missed last night so watching the game now.  Like what I see from the STA Harvard QB commit so far.  I was fortunate to play in the IVY league & would suggest a number of its qbs are underrated

The way he started out I was worried, but he gained some confidence and now looks to be "escaping" at the right moment not late like before.   Seems to have a bit more instinct, but the Oline playing how they did makes a huge difference.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 954gator said:

The way he started out I was worried, but he gained some confidence and now looks to be "escaping" at the right moment not late like before.   Seems to have a bit more instinct, but the Oline playing how they did makes a huge difference.

Having a lead primarily due to their D took some weight off those shoulders.  Also having an elite wr reel in a high throw doesn’t hurt to get the confidence going.  Had the game stayed close who knows but he looked better in the pocket most definitely.   MC threw for over 300 vs Gibbons (Bogle out sucked but that’s a lot of pts and yds).  Both Casteel and MC QB will need to rise up again and with higher stakes.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GCTX said:

I have deep respect for the Ivy League!  I would add Stanford, Notre Dame and a few other schools as options for one’s career but if football can help enable one of these then I totally salute the effort.  

It is not easy to get into an Ivy League school-in fact it’s almost impossible.  It’s almost $70-75,000 a year to live on campus.

It may not seem so at the time but an Ivy League education and self belief, hard work and a bit of luck can secure an incredible future.  Whether Cornell, Harvard or elsewhere. There are also foundational relationships built at these schools which participate in that future.

GCTX, wish you the best!  And salute your effort.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Both.  

Good performances in scrimmages.  

What do you see this week vs Imhotep Charter? I've never seen them play but they had a good year last year and beat up on Lasalle last week. Can your guys bounce back in Philly? After this game the schedule is pretty easy until conference play which makes this a huge game for the Stags. 

On 8/26/2018 at 11:47 AM, WCACguy said:

I'm not anti-DeMatha (was hoping they would win) or pro-anybody but you are such an obnoxious, whiny loser that you make it tough to be neutral.

Yea sorry about that. I wouldn’t even say it was me being whiny. I was street bum drunk all weekend. Woke up Monday and decided to detox for a week. Not the first time and not the last. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Yea sorry about that. I wouldn’t even say it was me being whiny. I was street bum drunk all weekend. Woke up Monday and decided to detox for a week. Not the first time and not the last. 

Been there...nice bounce back effort by the Stags...any changes or did they simply play better?

6 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Been there...nice bounce back effort by the Stags...any changes or did they simply play better?

I haven’t seen the Imhotep game yet, but after re-watching the STA game I realized how young DM is. The majority of the starters are either sophomores or juniors. They had a few tough turnovers early that resulted in TD’s and they buckled. Hopefully, the coaching staff turned that game into a learning experience. I really hope they give one of the two sophomore QB’s a chance to run with the starters in meaningful games. They are very talented, but obviously a year away from where I thought they’d be. I still optimistically have them making it to the WCAC championship game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I haven’t seen the Imhotep game yet, but after re-watching the STA game I realized how young DM is. The majority of the starters are either sophomores or juniors. They had a few tough turnovers early that resulted in TD’s and they buckled. Hopefully, the coaching staff turned that game into a learning experience. I really hope they give one of the two sophomore QB’s a chance to run with the starters in meaningful games. They are very talented, but obviously a year away from where I thought they’d be. I still optimistically have them making it to the WCAC championship game.

Naw i think gonzaga is going to be to much for them this year and probably this year. There qb is an absolute monster. And i think dematha loses to the other gc as well making them 4th in the plays off...so they get bounced in the first round against st johns again. 

18 minutes ago, Dmv_elite said:

Naw i think gonzaga is going to be to much for them this year and probably this year. There qb is an absolute monster. And i think dematha loses to the other gc as well making them 4th in the plays off...so they get bounced in the first round against st johns again. 

DM had a night and day different performance yesterday against a team ranked #3 in PA.  I totally agree with NicholasMalibu.  I also would like to see one of the Sophs get some quality time.

There will not be another performance this year like the one in FL.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dmv_elite said:

You may be right, but I don’t think we know what Gonzaga will do against a team with talent across the board, especially on the OL/DL. They’ve absolutely dismantled two middle of the road teams so far. The QB is the best QB in the league as a sophomore. 

GC is down to Spalding 8-0 right now, so let’s wait on them.

• Like 1