OLU vs Centennial @ Neutral Site?

NotBigdaddybloom

9 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yawn. Orange Lutheran came to Florida one year highly ranked and played a 2A team. 

That 2A team ran them back to Cali to the tune of 42-16. 

O Lu won their league that year. Was. Not. Impressed. 

Centennial will beat them like a rented mule, but the fake rankings will keep them high. Might go 4-6 but will still finish top 50 nationally 

In what year did OLu make that trip?  I don't remember that ever happening.  I do know that St. John Bosco did and did get blown out in the same year that they won the Serra League title.  That was 2002.

Prior to 2006, OLu was D-VI in the Southern Section.

Maxpreps

No. 11 Corona Centennial (Calif.) was the biggest mover in this week's Xcellent 25 rankings presented by the Army National Guard after beating the back-to-back Arizona 6A state champs, Chandler, 35-13. Up next is very explosive Orange Lutheran (Orange, Calif.) squad who is the first team out of the Top 25. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

This game will be closer than anyone thinks. After the big win against Fl/Ga killa Chandler, there could be a let down for the Huskies and a Super Bowl for Orange Lutheran. OLU is also a top 10-35 team in the nation according to the pollsters. 😳

If the Huskies don’t get more of the skill players involved on offense, it will be a long night.

2 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I've decided that you're a glass half empty guy. Centennial will win, but those that fault a team because they only won 27-7, have ulterior motives.

Sure I want to see them win em all and get another shot at DLS.   I’m just a little more critical than most.  I am also confident they’ll improve  over the course of the season.