Ohio Week 1 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

5 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Both teams look solid, but both could use some work.....didnt get to see any of Eds mentor yet......how would you guys who saw all 4 rank them?

Week 1, Hard to pick. There all working there kinks. Usually just watch the games I don’t see live in fast forward X8 and stop when I see the “wtf” led to that. There all green at this point to me and think Ed’s and mentor will change for the better, Hoban is solid but want to see more after they have 4 games and a for sure starting qb. Iggy is my biggest question mark for now. If I were a betting man, Ed’s improves the most by year end and represents there region. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

WTF 

Mentor not here?

Really a throw all in a blender for week 1. If they were alcohol I’d put Hoban, colerain, mentor, st x, Ed’s and pic North. As the hard stuff... for flavor... add iggy, lasalle, Fairfield, trotwood, and 4-5 more. Waiting to see if pick central has to show as the cherry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

What's the word on Eds D Hardhit........I was under the impression that would be the strength of this team

Obviously Mentor can do that to a defense, but generally through the air..... Eds gave up a lot on the ground. Mentor win the trenches?

Ed’s can score but NOT tackle 

it’s easy seeing 😝

12 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

What's the word on Eds D Hardhit........I was under the impression that would be the strength of this team

Obviously Mentor can do that to a defense, but generally through the air..... Eds gave up a lot on the ground. Mentor win the trenches?

Colerain,

the d backs are very good and cover well but when they have to make the majority of the tackles it makes for a long game & season. 

Certainly much credit goes to Mentors front but Ed’s had several opportunities to take control and did not.

on a positive side the O looks good and can score at will but the missed XP cost them a chance to win this game. 

On 8/25/2018 at 10:33 PM, Coletrain06 said:

Only one full starter returned from Ed's defense. There is talent there, but it's very green and untested. The secondary rose to the occasion and covered very well. Kolesar played exclusively at corner. It looks like that may be the plan moving forward to get their 4 best DB's on the field. The DL and LB's were another story completely.  Obviously Mentor has a fantastic o-line with two Big 10 commits and a couple other big bodies, but the Ed's front seven was just playing very undisciplined football. And poor tackling as Hardhit stated. When Mentor opened things up in the fourth quarter, they were just running their receivers off the ball and getting Kipp and Trobel in space against LB's who were overpursuing and providing huge cutback lanes. 

• Thanks 1

I guess I kinda have 2 views on the GPA eligibility isssue........

On one hand, I certainly don't like rewarding kids for poor results in school....

But on the other hand I don't think it really matters at all, based on the original eligibility score compared to where it is now.......It was a 2.0 GPA, which already is a very low GPA... I know tons and tons of football players that had significantly higher GPAs that are all as dumb as box of rocks and/or have ended up in jail..... I think the kids that would be affected by this are probably "The dullest tools in the shed"  and their own IQ's and home life/motivations are gonna prevent them from making any serious changes that will prepare them for life as an adult. A 2.0 GPA is nowhere near good enough to actually prepare kids for higher learning/life after high school....so for these kids affected, sports/extra curriculars are probably their only chance

It sounds like Dayton Public Schools need to fix their schools/culture first and foremost. If this was a question between 3.0 to 2.0 GPA, it would be more interesting

• Thanks 1