top D1 producing HS's 2018 (CFB Datalab)

954gator

On 8/22/2018 at 8:14 PM, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Smart money is on Prep School athletes taking advantage of the educational opportunities instead of Pro football.

I would bet that many of the recruited players at these private schools don’t even meet the normal education requirements that other student must have to attend the same school.  I would also bet that bigger % can’t afford the normal cost of tuition.  The mentality of private school fans and what they stand for makes me sick!

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

I would bet that many of the recruited players at these private schools don’t even meet the normal education requirements that other student must have to attend the same school.  I would also bet that bigger % can’t afford the normal cost of tuition.  The mentality of private school fans and what they stand for makes me sick!

On the contrary Most Private schools are the best option to get your kid ready for college

why do you think 💭 these powerhouse public’s struggle so hard to get their athletes Academically Eligible for the NCAA

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

On the contrary Most Private schools are the best option to get your kid ready for college

why do you think 💭 these powerhouse public’s struggle so hard to get their athletes Academically Eligible for the NCAA

Lmao and the second I just turned on the TV

Breaking News,  3 Texas Public school students from Taylor were Arrested trying to bring a Bomb to school!

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/3-taylor-high-students-arrested-accused-of-making-threatening-comment/1389116327

• Confused 1

I didnt realize STA was that far ahead of everyone else - damn.  They're w/l record and letdown games  prove talent isn't everything.   I mean they are av goddamn factory.  I'm a followed Allen (TX) fan (my cousin played for them) and they are at  1/3 of STA wtf???? 

And back to another point I made about the supposed "powerhouse BNU" my former league.  Notice how not one of those teams is on the map - I'll guarantee STA beats the whole BNU in output and some of the eother top ones do as well.  However - look at the success the BNU has had reppin Jersey - it's a testament to team play and function which is obviously a huge part of football.  

Damn look at FL(6), TX (5)and GA(3 - all relative to smaller population) with all those publics just cranking out talent (forget STA to me privates are irrelevant in this regard).   GA is just like for FL for talent (just a little behind) as they always rank second to only FL in the per capita recruits.  Which by the way really reps FL because they are a big population State yet always #1 per capita (Cali is way down on that list and TX is middle of the pack).   Some people say that list in not a big deal - BS, I know for a fact it's recognized by college recruiters  in determining  target areas

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

I didnt realize STA was that far ahead of everyone else - damn.  They're w/l record and letdown games  prove talent isn't everything.   I mean they are av goddamn factory.  I'm a followed Allen (TX) fan (my cousin played for them) and they are at  1/3 of STA wtf???? 

And back to another point I made about the supposed "powerhouse BNU" my former league.  Notice how not one of those teams is on the map - I'll guarantee STA beats the whole BNU in output and some of the eother top ones do as well.  However - look at the success the BNU has had reppin Jersey - it's a testament to team play and function which is obviously a huge part of football.  

Damn look at FL(6), TX (5)and GA(3 - all relative to smaller population) with all those publics just cranking out talent (forget STA to me privates are irrelevant in this regard).   GA is just like for FL for talent (just a little behind) as they always rank second to only FL in the per capita recruits.  Which by the way really reps FL because they are a big population State yet always #1 per capita (Cali is way down on that list and TX is middle of the pack).   Some people say that list in not a big deal - BS, I know for a fact it's recognized by college recruiters  in determining  target areas

Fl is near the top per capita, but usually states like Louisiana and Georgia are a tad bit higher.   It's a little harder to win per capita with the higher population.   That fact that Fl is anywhere near the top with it's high population is impressive though. 

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Fl is near the top per capita, but usually states like Louisiana and Georgia are a tad bit higher.   It's a little harder to win per capita with the higher population.   That fact that Fl is anywhere near the top with it's high population is impressive though. 

Yea just looked it up ur right.  The one I found in 2013-2017 however Dallas used to post these around the 2010-2012 period and FL was at the top.  Point is what you say - the fact FL is at or near the top is what's impressive with the big pop

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

The irony is no one California school will have luxury of producing consistent talents because there are so many private schools with too many rich and wealthy alumnus now.     

Yeah Cali has a lot of rotation in the privates, but the big three privates have been doing well for a while and look to keep it going.    With how they've been the last few years they should be closer to the top of this list in a 3-4 years.

17 hours ago, Kalven said:

The irony is no one California school will have luxury of producing consistent talents because there are so many private schools with too many rich and wealthy alumnus now.     

It doesn't matter - Cali's top teams are prob the best in a run with TX.  Cali has so many good QB's and overall impressive offensive skill and gameplay at the HS level.  Watching a Cali or TX top team matchup is similar to college level ball and sometimes they have better QB's than some college teams!  This is why I would take them against any other States with GA right in the mix.  That said, I will say FL has the most talent  but the teams just don't have the fluid play, QB's and special teams play these other States mentioned do (IMO)

The announcer in the CaliFlorida bowl said the same thing years ago and it stuck with me as an accurate depiction.  The game would usually play out with Cali having a smooth well oiled methodical drive and then some guy on FL would just break an 80 yarder and the games would always be close (I think FL won the series - they should bring this back)

Cali - best offensive State 

FL - best defensive State by far (GA right in there but I'm talking the big States, Louisiana has some great defensive players as well)

TX - balanced in both which is why I prob have to go with them as #1 overall  (people who think TX doesn't have defense - this is BS trust me)

This is what I've always heard as a general rule of thumb from college coaches I've spoken to (I was a  strength coach for a  MAC program but came from the Big 10 .......had a chance to speak with a lot of college coaches.

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

It doesn't matter - Cali's top teams are prob the best in a run with TX.  Cali has so many good QB's and overall impressive offensive skill and gameplay at the HS level.  Watching a Cali or TX top team matchup is similar to college level ball and sometimes they have better QB's than some college teams!  This is why I would take them against any other States with GA right in the mix.  That said, I will say FL has the most talent  but the teams just don't have the fluid play, QB's and special teams play these other States mentioned do (IMO)

The announcer in the CaliFlorida bowl said the same thing years ago and it stuck with me as an accurate depiction.  The game would usually play out with Cali having a smooth well oiled methodical drive and then some guy on FL would just break an 80 yarder and the games would always be close (I think FL won the series - they should bring this back)

Cali - best offensive State 

FL - best defensive State by far (GA right in there but I'm talking the big States, Louisiana has some great defensive players as well)

TX - balanced in both which is why I prob have to go with them as #1 overall  (people who think TX doesn't have defense - this is BS trust me)

This is what I've always heard as a general rule of thumb from college coaches I've spoken to (I was a  strength coach for a  MAC program but came from the Big 10 .......had a chance to speak with a lot of college coaches.

This is true, although I wasn’t talking about the state as a whole but an individual school within the state accumulating talents year in and year out for not just a couple years but a couple decades. Especially in SoCal where the schools at the top last about 5 years then another school emerge.