Best college team ever?

GrecoRoman

16 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

When LSU and Bama took the field against each other that year, they had a combined 52 future NFL players I think*. The only game that had more was Ohio State vs Miami 2002. 

I know I’m in the minority on this belief, but I think 2011 Bama is a top 5 team of all time. And a top three Saban era Bama team. 

2011 Bama would give all these teams mentioned trouble.  No question about it.  

2 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Texas had a great TE that year also - I cant remember his name.  I would bet the farm 2001 Miami would have shut down Nebraska '95 however Texas would be much harder for them to stop IMO as they were so balanced.   I'd deploy a nickel with a backfield of Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Antrell Rolle, Phillip Buchancon and Mike Rumph - 3 pro bowlers and 5 NFL long time starters with  two more pro bowlers at the LB spot in Vilma and Williams.  Lol that nickel package might be better than any individual NFL teams in history

Dave Thomas a great TE.  5 RBs went and played in NFL off that team.  I don't know if that has ever happened.  That team was loaded.. Taylor the most talented screwed up or there would have been 6.

Young starter played with Broncos.

Jamaal Charles Chiefs

Melton switched to DL Bears and Cowboys

Ogbonnaya Brown's

Ahmad Hall FB Titans w.Vince

Selvin Young* JR RB 96 Att, 461 Yds, 4.8 Avg
Jamaal Charles FR RB 119 Att, 878 Yds, 7.4 Avg
Henry Melton FR RB 87 Att, 432 Yds, 5.0 Avg
Ramonce Taylor SO RB 76 Att, 513 Yds, 6.8 Avg
Chris Ogbonnaya FR RB 22 Att, 76 Yds, 3.5 Avg
Antwaun Hobbs JR RB 9 Att, 27 Yds, 3.0 Avg
Scott Ballew JR RB 4 Att, 14 Yds, 3.5 Avg
Marcus Myers JR RB 4 Att, 5 Yds, 1.3 Avg
Michael Houston FR RB 3 Att, 27 Yds, 9.0 Avg
Ahmard Hall SR RB 3 Rec, 42 Yds, 14.0
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Dave Thomas a great TE.  5 RBs went and played in NFL off that team.  I don't know if that has ever happened.  That team was loaded.

Selvin Young* JR RB 96 Att, 461 Yds, 4.8 Avg
Jamaal Charles FR RB 119 Att, 878 Yds, 7.4 Avg
Henry Melton FR RB 87 Att, 432 Yds, 5.0 Avg
Ramonce Taylor SO RB 76 Att, 513 Yds, 6.8 Avg
Chris Ogbonnaya FR RB 22 Att, 76 Yds, 3.5 Avg
Antwaun Hobbs JR RB 9 Att, 27 Yds, 3.0 Avg
Scott Ballew JR RB 4 Att, 14 Yds, 3.5 Avg
Marcus Myers JR RB 4 Att, 5 Yds, 1.3 Avg
Michael Houston FR RB 3 Att, 27 Yds, 9.0 Avg
Ahmard Hall SR RB 3 Rec, 42 Yds, 14.0

The Miami team had 5:

Portis, McGahee, Gore, Davenport, Payton.  Difference this there's 3 pro bowlers and 4 starters ....only Payton never did anything.  Thats what mean about Miami - when I look into that team its beyond belief what they had.

Dude don't tell me that UT team had Earl Thomas at safety?!?   TX is my favorite State by the way - have relatives there and headed to Dallas in 3 weeks. (I go every year)   It's the best overall football State in my opinion also.  I'll say that I think FL edges it in straight up talent but head to head HS matchups i'll take TX all day

• Like 1

The secondary on the 2005 Horns flooded the NFL with Thorpe award winners and All Americans.  Like Cedric and Michael Griffin along with the 2 below

All these guys were in NFL.

Tarell Brown* JR DB  
Cedric Griffin* SR DB  
Michael Griffin* JR DB  
Michael Huff* SR

DB

Marcus Griffin SO DB

Aaron Ross JR DB

Thorpe winners

2005 Michael Huff Texas ]
2006 Aaron Ross Texas [

4 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

The Miami team had 5:

Portis, McGahee, Gore, Davenport, Payton.  Difference this there's 3 pro bowlers and 4 starters ....only Payton never did anything.  Thats what mean about Miami - when I look into that team its beyond belief what they had.

Dude don't tell me that UT team had Earl Thomas at safety?!?   TX is my favorite State by the way - have relatives there and headed to Dallas in 3 weeks. (I go every year)   It's the best overall football State in my opinion also.  I'll say that I think FL edges it in straight up talent but head to head HS matchups i'll take TX all day

No doubt that hurricane team was loaded.   I was just posting about the Longhorns because ESPN analysis said they were the best ever over the last 20 years and that would include that Miami team  No Doubt both were loaded.  VY was unstoppable that's the difference.  Ask USC.  Texas hung 70+ on  Colorado in the Big 12 championship and averaged like 50 on everyone that year.  The defense were. Just as loaded.  Orakpo was a freshman on that team.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...