IMG v. Pine-Richland

PrepGridiron

34 minutes ago, new2pa said:

Columbia showed that IMG could be passed on. Unfortunately, P-R's top 8 WRs and all world QB are gone. Reloading with first year starters and sophomores is not a recipe for a lot of success in this game. P-R defense front 7 and OL are the strength of the team this year. Have to be able to control clock, and stop the run a little for this to be competitive. 

I do think P-R will play hard and this is a great tune-up game for them as they enter the rest of their schedule. Its better than opening with a cupcake. (I guess. 😊 )

Yeah the secondary is clearly a weakness for IMG 

Good teams with elite passing game will be able to score on them this year 

If you watching this game let me know how they look

I'm curious how IMG will be coming off last week 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah the secondary is clearly a weakness for IMG 

Good teams with elite passing game will be able to score on them this year 

If you watching this game let me know how they look

I'm curious how IMG will be coming off last week 

Also @new2pa

I felt watching last week that the DL for IMG looked out of shape 

May be worth keeping a eye on this game as well

3 hours ago, Kalven said:

On paper this looks like a great match up, considering how IMG looked last week and Pine is PA State champ. No team last year came 2 TD close to Pine.

Last years Pine would've matched up well with this years IMG. Jurkovec is now in South Bend so unless IMG really does stink this shouldn't be that close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBobT said:

Last years Pine would've matched up well with this years IMG. Jurkovec is now in South Bend so unless IMG really does stink this shouldn't be that close.

Isn’t this always the situation?

You can rarely get two teams at their peak to meet.

Either one was up last year, or the other might be up next year.

But gurus will take the result of a less-than-optimum matchup and extrapolate to what state would roll another.

Kind of silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Listen no one will ever believe it. Like it never existed and you won't change minds. Only you seen it. 

Its your big foot 😂

Seriously, no one buys that IMG wasn't trying some stuff on Columbia. Different lineups and types of play etc. 

Could be wrong, but if they do lose a game this year, a real game, it will be the MD game. Other than that, they'll run the table. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Seriously, no one buys that IMG wasn't trying some stuff on Columbia. Different lineups and types of play etc. 

Could be wrong, but if they do lose a game this year, a real game, it will be the MD game. Other than that, they'll run the table. 

Every starter played the entire first half when it was 33-13. We watched it live and every single person was a starter. And some backups came in as normal subs. 

After the first drive In the second half, they put that fake team that pays the bills. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Every starter played the entire first half when it was 33-13. We watched it live and every single person was a starter. And some backups came in as normal subs. 

After the first drive In the second half, they put that fake team that pays the bills. 

But, were they running their normal plays etc.? Like were they trying stuff on Columbia to see where they stood rather than legit trying to win? 

I know what you guys keep saying, but, I know how Colquitt runs scrimmages to see what's up too. I'd expect a team like IMG to do that also. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But, were they running their normal plays etc.? Like were they trying stuff on Columbia to see where they stood rather than legit trying to win? 

I know what you guys keep saying, but, I know how Colquitt runs scrimmages to see what's up too. I'd expect a team like IMG to do that also. 

IMG is not someone else or you😝

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

IMG is not someone else or you😝

No doubt. I just think a program like that is trying stuff against what they see as a weaker opponent for a jamboree. Especially one that they made the game with in the 11th hour and didn't have time to game plan for. 

I think if I was the coach I'd have been throwing the toolbox and playbook at them to learn what I had and what I needed to do later. Idk. Like you say, they aren't me, but they win with a hodge podge of players year after year under Wright. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt. I just think a program like that is trying stuff against what they see as a weaker opponent for a jamboree. Especially one that they made the game with in the 11th hour and didn't have time to game plan for. 

I think if I was the coach I'd have been throwing the toolbox and playbook at them to learn what I had and what I needed to do later. Idk. Like you say, they aren't me, but they win with a hodge podge of players year after year under Wright. 

It’s like the old cars

how much horse power before you lay some rubber

then they look behind and say “ wow  that smell stinky?”

” Stinky it was you!😛

• Like 1