IMG v. Pine-Richland

PrepGridiron

41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seriously, no one buys that IMG wasn't trying some stuff on Columbia. Different lineups and types of play etc. 

Could be wrong, but if they do lose a game this year, a real game, it will be the MD game. Other than that, they'll run the table. 

Their DL was out of shape and it was their main starters

The number 1 player in the country didn't register a sack until midway through second quarter 

If it was St Thomas Aquinas everyone would believe it

Despite what Shitheads like Canes say Columbia ain't garbage 

that nutcase canes just jealous because he was never any value to his school so he leaches off their success 

His failure ass never even won state in High school which is why STA suddenly matters to him

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Was a mix of blue/white per IMG coach. I believe him. 

And we had a mix of starters and backups set to line up

But that doesn't change fact the players in first half were the national players

Noah Cain and Trey Sanders and these other 5 star studs who were announced throughout the game being involved in plays and talked about during broadcast were on the B team?? Yeah right 

People just want to protect the credibility of any national "powerhouse" that gets beat until they can prop up someone else to help their agenda 

41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But, were they running their normal plays etc.? Like were they trying stuff on Columbia to see where they stood rather than legit trying to win? 

I know what you guys keep saying, but, I know how Colquitt runs scrimmages to see what's up too. I'd expect a team like IMG to do that also. 

Yeah they were running normal plays

Go back and watch it,  it's still on their fb page 

34 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt. I just think a program like that is trying stuff against what they see as a weaker opponent for a jamboree. Especially one that they made the game with in the 11th hour and didn't have time to game plan for. 

I think if I was the coach I'd have been throwing the toolbox and playbook at them to learn what I had and what I needed to do later. Idk. Like you say, they aren't me, but they win with a hodge podge of players year after year under Wright. 

What like you think they were trying flea flickers and double reverses every play and fumble rooskies 

No no and no

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Their DL was out of shape and it was their main starters

The number 1 player in the country didn't register a sack until midway through second quarter 

If it was St Thomas Aquinas everyone would believe it

Despite what Shitheads like Canes say Columbia ain't garbage 

that nutcase canes just jealous because he was never any value to his school so he leaches off their success 

His failure ass never even won state in High school which is why STA suddenly matters to him

Oh I know. I'm not trying to slight Columbia at all. They did what nobody thought they could. Don't take it the wrong way. 

They're certainly on the radar after going down to Bradenton and doing what they did.

IMG Academy extends streak to 38 with win over defending Pennsylvania state champion

Stingy Ascenders defense holds Pine-Richland to 75 yards of total offense.

No. 6 IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) extended its winning streak to 38 games Friday night with a 42-0 win over defending Pennsylvania state champion Pine-Richland (Gibsonia, Pa.).

The Ascenders, who haven't lost since 2014, left no doubt in their season opening victory.

IMG Academy took a 21-0 lead late in the first quarter on the second rushing touchdown of the night by Noah Cain. The Florida powerhouse never looked back, handing Pine-Richland its first shutout loss since Oct. 18, 2013.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So based on what the coach said, do u think they were trying to win?

Yeah the teams were mixed

Both blue and white teams were active for the game

It doesn't mean that they played all or heavy majority white team while claiming to be playing the national team against us during the entire first half of the broadcast 

IMG was trying to save face

I am not doubting Columbia has quality team.

however, when your at the game it is very hard to tell which players are actually in the game...Especially in the trenches. 

I talked to coach in Texas the other day who scrimmaged against Wing T team - who possibly could be first round match up in playoffs.  They stayed in base defense because they did not want to show adjustments that they would actually make in actual game.

Because this game didn’t count there is way to many unknowns to really know what happened.  My money is on that IMG played shit load of players and stayed very conservative, while Columbia was balls to the wall attacking and won the game.  This is not the first time IMG lost one of these scrimmage type games.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am not doubting Columbia has quality team.

however, when your at the game it is very hard to tell which players are actually in the game...Especially in the trenches. 

I talked to coach in Texas the other day who scrimmaged against Wing T team - who possibly could be first round match up in playoffs.  They stayed in base defense because they did not want to show adjustments that they would actually make in actual game.

Because this game didn’t count there is way to many unknowns to really know what happened.  My money is on that IMG played shit load of players and stayed very conservative, while Columbia was balls to the wall attacking and won the game.  This is not the first time IMG lost one of these scrimmage type games.

All week in prep we planned to play their national team for 4 quarters but apparently we didn't find out until we showed up that we would take the field against the white team in the second half 

In fact the coaches in the press box didn't even know until @Nolebull813 went up there and messed with them and told them about it and the coaches apparently blew a gasket about the thing

17 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah the teams were mixed

Both blue and white teams were active for the game

It doesn't mean that they played all or heavy majority white team while claiming to be playing the national team against us during the entire first half of the broadcast 

IMG was trying to save face

I watched the first half of that game, and IMG did look frustrated. Seemed like everything they tried, didn't seem to work.

But IMG in an enigma, so don't discount them out just yet.  They have the best athletes, and if they jell, they are capable of beating anyone.

For Columbia, to prove that it wasn't a fluke; they have to win the rest of their games including a state title.  Only then will pundits question who is better between the two.