Trump, and the path not taken...

Hardcore Troubador

22 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

and that doesn't make it right or legal...and it's ILLEGAL if it's meant to influence the election...pretty simple...he didn't want people to know so he tried to make it disappear and got caught....and lied on the plane when asked who paid the hush money...why would he lie if it were legit?...because he got caught....:$

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Paying hush money is not illegal, even in an election.  The issue is if what Cohen did was a reportable campaign contribution under the law.  If it was, not reporting the contribution would be a violation or potential crime - not the hush money itself.  Many experts do not think current law covers this situation.

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Paying hush money is not illegal, even in an election.  The issue is if what Cohen did was a reportable campaign contribution under the law.  If it was, not reporting the contribution would be a violation or potential crime - not the hush money itself.  Many experts do not think current law covers this situation.

I have no idea?..LOL....and you've been back and forth 10 times..LOL..paying money to influence an election is illegal if not reported....black and white...the law states it clearly...apparently the Trump gang can't read...just like you...

if it were not illegal as you say why the secrecy and lies about the payments?...stop being naïve..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

The timing of when he had the affair (in the White House or out of it) wasn’t really the point of the article...

Its still a difference. And who gives a damn about any of them having an affair. Look at America everyday Americans cheat all the time. 50 or more percent of marriages end in divorce. The sanctity of marriage is pretty much dead. 

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Its still a difference. And who gives a damn about any of them having an affair. Look at America everyday Americans cheat all the time. 50 or more percent of marriages end in divorce. The sanctity of marriage is pretty much dead. 

The article deals with why Trump can win the legal and political issues about the payout if he just says what we all know he did. Not sure what you’re talking about.  The distinction you refer to may not make much, if any, legal difference.

And though it’s a non-sequitir, I’ll bite.  The divorce statistics are misleading (ton of articles out there about the marriage gap). It’s the opposite of what most people think.  Basically young white trash in the South get divorced in very high numbers.  It skews everything upwards.  Blue states with educated married couples get divorced at much lower rates, have better child outcomes, more stable homes, etc. #familyvalues

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I have no idea?..LOL....and you've been back and forth 10 times..LOL..paying money to influence an election is illegal....black and white...the law states it clearly...apparently the Trump gang can't read...just like you...

if it were not illegal as you say why the secrecy and lies about the payments?...stop being naïve..

Paying money to influence an election is illegal????  Listen to yourself.  A campaign is all about spending money to influence an election.  The LEGAL issue is whether what Cohen did is a reportable campaign contribution.  The law may well not cover this, however much Mueller and MSNBC might wish it did.

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Paying money to influence an election is illegal????  Listen to yourself.  A campaign is all about spending money to influence an election.  The LEGAL issue is whether what Cohen did is a reportable campaign contribution.  The law may well not cover this, however much Mueller and MSNBC might wish it did.

I actually changed my post...to say "if not reported"...go look....and guess what?...it wasn't reported!....so now what?....paying 2 people large amounts of $$ and having them sign a NDA a month before the election wasn't meant to influence the election?...LOL..OK champ..if you insist...let's see what Mulluer  and the law has to say....;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I actually changed my post...to say "if not reported"...go look....and guess what?...it wasn't reported!....so now what?....paying 2 people large amounts of $$ and having them sign a NDA a month before the election wasn't meant to influence the election?...LOL..OK champ..if you insist...let's see what Mulluer  and the law has to say....;)

This will not lead to impeachment and conviction - mark my words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

The article deals with why Trump can win the legal and political issues about the payout if he just says what we all know he did. Not sure what you’re talking about.  The distinction you refer to may not make much, if any, legal difference.

And though it’s a non-sequitir, I’ll bite.  The divorce statistics are misleading (ton of articles out there about the marriage gap). It’s the opposite of what most people think.  Basically young white trash in the South get divorced in very high numbers.  It skews everything upwards.  Blue states with educated married couples get divorced at much lower rates, have better child outcomes, more stable homes, etc. #familyvalues

Idk many I live in and near blue states I know a ton of people who are divorced with kids and are educated. Divorce is happening across all races. 

I guess trump can win if he admits it because people truly dont care. But idk why people are so hung up on it. Because he paid some chick to be quiet. That happens literally daily. 

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Better than using our taxpayers money to hush woman up of sitting senators 

Shhhh you are ruining the peanut galleries daydreams......

of #nothingburgers LOL

giphy.gif

when they can not speak to any policy in politics.....they don't have much left, so take it easy on them will ya? 

• Like 1