OT: HS track

golfaddict1

http://fl.milesplit.com/meets/258338/results#.WKnO6PE8KEc

First outdoor meet in S FL.  The Friday results will show many football recruits in the 100 and 200.   Head wind was there so the times are a bit misleading but as I've stated often there are some top recruits who can't run a sub 11 second 100.  

Saturday were the finals.  AHP's WR burner Anthony Schwartz took it to Tyrese Cooper in the 100.  Very impressive.   

His AHP relay team ran a 40.59 (3 star Schwartz, two 4 stars and a 5 star).  They may not be the fastest relay team this year, but certainly the most talented football group of relay participants I would assume).   

Cooper ran a 45.45 400 in his next race to win the event.  

The 200 was Cooper vs Schwartz again... and Cooper ripped a soph national record 20.44 (Noah Lyles record) only to be DQ'd for taunting after!   Apparently he did some type of hand raise shrug move as he crossed the line.   It was deemed enough to DQ.  

Im sure he'll go low in the 200 again and perhaps break 20.44 anyway this season and we'll see if he can get his 400 time down to challenge the soph national record 45.14  (PB is 45.23).  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

First outdoor meet in S FL.  The Friday results will show many football recruits in the 100 and 200.   Head wind was there so the times are a bit misleading but as I've stated often there are some top recruits who can't run a sub 11 second 100.  

Saturday were the finals.  AHP's WR burner Anthony Schwartz took it to Tyrese Cooper in the 100.  Very impressive.   

His AHP relay team ran a 40.59 (3 star Schwartz, two 4 stars and a 5 star).  They may not be the fastest relay team this year, but certainly the most talented football group of relay participants I would assume).   

The 200 was Cooper vs Schwartz again... and Cooper ripped a soph national record 20.44 (Noah Lyles record) only to be DQ'd for taunting after!   Apparently he did some type of hand raise shrug move as he crossed the line.   It was deemed enough to DQ.  

Im sure he'll go low in the 200 again and perhaps break 20.44 anyway this season and we'll see if he can get his 400 time down to challenge the soph national record 45.14  (PB is 45.23).  

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MY TRACK FRIEND.  40.59 to kick off the season is insane.  Hold on my Texas boys will have much say so about times.  That is sick.  Desoto will have recruits on their 4x100 you are right that might be he most impressive collection of football talent on one 4x100.  I didn't get out to it yesterday.  Helping a friend do some things we had great weather here in the DFW.  Keep me up to date on our rival State in Track and I will here for Texas.  Good stufff

Crazy time to kick off the season. I hope they come to the TEXAS RELAYS this year

American Heritage MS/HS (Plantation)   40.59

• Like 1

We kicked off the season here in Texas yesterday and a good meet here in Dallas Bryan Adams Cougar Relays at Jessie owens Stadium and the North Garland Relays.    Some of the best times from each

400M

Neely Cameron               DeSoto                    48.44
Event 49  Women 4x100 Meter Relay Varsity
================================================================================
    School                                               Seed     Finals  Points
================================================================================
Section  1  
  1 Mesquite Horn  'A'                                  47.69      45.75   20   
     1) Blackshire, Taylor              2) Jackson, LeTaija               
     3) Choice, Lyric                   4) Harris, Kaylor                 
  2 DeSoto  'A'                                         46.80      45.98   16   
     1) Murphy, Bryannia                2) Effiong, Rosaline              
     3) Wash, Cierra                    4) Armstrong, Taylor              
  3 Dallas Carter  'A'                                  46.02      46.89   12   
     1) Smith, Jayla                    2) Richardson, Sha'Carri          
     3) Porter, Deziree                 4) Richards, Zhalyn    

DESOTO Without a Doubt is the fastest and deepest HS in America speed wise.  Check this out.  They ran 4 teams against other 6A schools and finished 1-2-3-4.  :D

Event 50  Men 4x100 Meter Relay Varsity
    School                                               Seed     Finals  Points
  1 DeSoto  'A'                                         41.27      41.02   20   
     1) Dunn, London                    2) Butler, Charles                
     3) Goodman, Zavian                 4) Williams, Frederic             
  2 DeSoto  'B'                                         42.59      41.82   16   
     1) Smith, Donovan                  2) Dunn, Lexington                
     3) Bailey, Dewaylon                4) Ward, Deonte                   
  3 DeSoto  'C'                                         41.86      41.99   12   
     1) Ross, Ty                        2) Johnson, Patrick               
     3) Modesto, Kevin                  4) Deloney, Angel                 
  4 Desoto (Gold)  'A'                                  42.82      42.36    8   
     1) Houston, Zydez                  2) Neely, Cameron                 
     3) Harrison, Kennedy               4) Green, Gom.                    
  5 Tyler  'A'                                          42.02      42.42    4   
     1) McMiller, Caleb                 2) Miller, Damion                 
     3) Givens-Washington, Michael      4) Young, Jerry                   
  6 Dallas Samuell  'A'                                 42.99      43.32    2   
     1) Choice, Darionta                2) Chisolm, Davion                
     3) Ponder, Maurice                 4) Gardner, Adrien                
  7 Dallas Carter  'A'                                  42.01      43.49  
     1) Borner, Marquis                 2) Hayes, Cedric                  
     3) Goodwater, Bernard              4) Maston, Robert                 
  8 Dallas Lincoln  'A'                                 42.71      43.76  
     1) Washington, Drashaun            2) Jones, Eddarrion               
     3) Gates, Gavin                    4) Jones, Dewaylon          

• Like 1

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

That's a shame.   

When Athletic Net adds Desoto for running 41.02 (tied for 3rd Nationally) Texas will have 7 of the top 10 times from this past weekend in the 4x100 - depending on other times they might not have listed yet.

very good start for Texas and Florida -

The Cooper kid from FL has chance to be the greatest HS track star in history. Although I have been warned by some very knowledgeable track people (Anthony Ketchum - who ran 45.50 400meters back in the early 80's - that running this fast at this age doesn't mean that his times will significantly improve as he gets older.

37 minutes ago, Texasball said:

When Athletic Net adds Desoto for running 41.02 (tied for 3rd Nationally) Texas will have 7 of the top 10 times from this past weekend in the 4x100 - depending on other times they might not have listed yet.

The Cooper kid from FL has chance to be the greatest HS track star in history. Although I have been warned by some very knowledgeable track people (Anthony Ketchum - who ran 45.50 400meters back in the early 80's - that running this fast at this age doesn't mean that his times will significantly improve as he gets older.

Can't wait to see them hook up at the Texas Relays

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Golf any clip of the 200 where Tyrese Cooper got disqualified?  20.44 is impressive.  

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/miami-track-star-tyrese-cooper-loses-state-record-200-meter-time-due-to-finish-line-taunt/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is the only clip I've seen.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/mgxcoachd/status/833201359713402880

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

With the type of training available to these athletes today, i can't see him dropping off.

19 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I can't see anything that would get him DQ'd.  

He did a little salute with his hand afterwards but still quite harmless... but what I did notice was a too small a gap between Cooper's 20.44 and Schwartz 21.28 times.  I think Cooper's coach perhaps was hand timing the race, not sure but it looks too close for that to be 8/10 of a second faster.  Have a look again, DD, TXball?  

I'm not buying that 20.44 slowing down at the end too with a -0.3 head wind.  I need to see it that time... it came from the coach only it seems.