OT: HS track

golfaddict1

10 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

He did a little salute with his hand afterwards but still quite harmless... but what I did notice was a too small a gap between Cooper's 20.44 and Schwartz 21.28 times.  I think Cooper's coach perhaps was hand timing the race, not sure but it looks too close for that to be 8/10 of a second faster.  Have a look again, DD, TXball?  

I'm not buying that 20.44 slowing down at the end too with a -0.1 head wind.  I need to see it that time... it came from the coach only it seems.  

I agree with you.  Didn't the electronic time post on the scoreboard before he was disqualified???

13 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I agree with you.  Didn't the electronic time post on the scoreboard before he was disqualified???

No.  Was odd, as the clip just shows the winding clock and then Schwartz time pops up first with Cooper DQ at the end.   I'll try to find it.  

Here's a closer look and with his move after the finish.  The clock just winds out (doesn't show the times here but I saw them).  No chance that's a 20.44 (not .8 faster than Schwartz). 

It's going to be interesting to see who is really the fastest 200m Sprinter this year.  The kid from Fort Bend Marshall TX beat him head to head last year at the Great Southwest meet running 20.56 and was only Jr. last year.

Another Jr this past week from Mansfield posted 21.18 to lead the nation so far.

Plus another Jr from Ft Worth posted 21.24 

What is Cooper's best outdoor time?  I know he ran like 20.76 last year at the Great Southwest Meet and finished 3rd.

His 400 - 45.45 is smoking fast!!!!

35 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It's going to be interesting to see who is really the fastest 200m Sprinter this year.  The kid from Fort Bend Marshall TX beat him head to head last year at the Great Southwest meet running 20.56 and was only Jr. last year.

Another Jr this past week from Mansfield posted 21.18 to lead the nation so far.

Plus another Jr from Ft Worth posted 21.24 

What is Cooper's best outdoor time?  I know he ran like 20.76 last year at the Great Southwest Meet and finished 3rd.

His 400 - 45.45 is smoking fast!!!!

400 his PB is 45.23

200 his PB is 20.62  (last year he ran a 20.46 but +2.2 m/s, so .2 over and wind aided).

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

400 his PB is 45.23

200 his PB is 20.62  (last year he ran a 20.46 but +2.2 m/s, so .2 over and wind aided).

I don't think anyone will touch him in the 400M this year.  I do think he will have challenges in the 200.  I hope he comes to the Texas Relays, fast track would be great to see him compete with our best.  This kid is a beast.  But do you think he can still improve or is he tapped out.   I think there is a good chance for a sub 40 in the 4x100 by a Texas or FL squad when we both have sub 41's in week 1 of the season.           F.B.  Marshall and Desoto here. 

One thing that cannot be argued is that Texas and FL are hands down the fastest damn States in the Country. I have Cali and Ga 3rd and 4th in Boys.  Girls I have Ca, Fl, Tx and Ga.     

Desoto ran 4 relays against each other and 3 ran sub 42's and their J.V. would have finished 6th against that 6A field.  They finished 1-2-3-4.  That is damn crazy.  Their 4th team ran a 42.36. LOL losing to their own top 3. 

I doubt Cooper attends the Texas Relays.  What would be cool is if AHP does.  Schwartz is a 4 star on scout.  3 4 stars and a 5 star football recruit relay team lol.  Now imagine if they trained for track and really worked the batons.  

Txball, with the FL 100's most were into a stiff head wind.  Much of those 11.0 - 11.2  times at 0 or even up to 1.8 m/s is plenty to run sub 11.  But yea, TX will basically bury every state in sun 11 numbers :)  No argument there.   

Fbs prospects run 40's and don't run in straight lines every play.   That's why I mentioned also to note some FBS recruits with some 11 plus times.  Tavares Kelly Jr for example,  STA slot receiver.  As a TX guy my bad I should have mentioned some names before.  I'll highlight some recruits with times later on or soon.  You do the same also w TX recruits.  

Now how cool is this?!  Lmfao!  

So glad Track is finally here.  The best spectator sport in America in my opinion.  I hope AH comes to Texas with that Bad Ass relay.  A.H., F.B. Marshall and Desoto on the same track would be something to see and soon a Texas or Fl school will pop that magical sub 40.00 and this might be the year.  Running a freaking 40.5 to start the season in many years would be the fastest time all season.  BTW and Texas High did that about 3 years ago with the fastest time in the nation. 

DESOTO IS A TRACK BEAST.  CAN'T WAIT FOR THEIR BIG MEET THIS SATURDAY.  TEMP'S IN THE 60'S.

18 hours ago, Texasball said:

Looks like MNW FL didn't actually run the fastest 4x400 this past weekend.  

DD - OMG - Desoto had 4 total 4x100 teams this past weekend.  On national scale they all would be considered pretty damn good.  They will run very fast time by the time regionals come around!

Sorry - MNW is back at the top of the 4x400 - The dudes ran 3:12.79  That's damn damn good this early in the season.  Last year nobody nationally ran under 3:13 until April 2 when Arlington Bowie ran 3:12.31 at the Texas Relays.

12 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Sorry - MNW is back at the top of the 4x400 - The dudes ran 3:12.79  That's damn damn good this early in the season.  Last year nobody nationally ran under 3:13 until April 2 when Arlington Bowie ran 3:12.31 at the Texas Relays.

Texas and Florida are lighting it up the 1st weeks of the season. 3:12:79 IS flying and Fl having a 40.5 and Tx having a 40.6 in the 4x100 already.  I am trying to find out all the schools running at the Nike Invitational in Desoto this weekend. I will give you a call later today old friend.

15 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I doubt Cooper attends the Texas Relays.  What would be cool is if AHP does.  Schwartz is a 4 star on scout.  3 4 stars and a 5 star football recruit relay team lol.  Now imagine if they trained for track and really worked the batons.  

Txball, with the FL 100's most were into a stiff head wind.  Much of those 11.0 - 11.2  times at 0 or even up to 1.8 m/s is plenty to run sub 11.  But yea, TX will basically bury every state in sun 11 numbers :)  No argument there.   

Fbs prospects run 40's and don't run in straight lines every play.   That's why I mentioned also to note some FBS recruits with some 11 plus times.  Tavares Kelly Jr for example,  STA slot receiver.  As a TX guy my bad I should have mentioned some names before.  I'll highlight some recruits with times later on or soon.  You do the same also w TX recruits.  

I took note of the wind in Florida this past weekend...When comes to track and field, I just enjoy the competition regardless of where the kids are from.

Florida always is very good and have some of the best athletes in nation - Just like Texas 

I like this kid - Jalen Reagor - committed to TCU --http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/209865/jalen-reagor

He got some big time offers in football - Alabama  and many more - see link - He is SR this year

His personal best so far in Track

40.41 - 4x100 last year - This year they are # 6 so far

1.24.27 4x200 last year 

10.92 100m last year

22.35 200m last year

6'7" High Jump last week

24'0.5 Long jump last year 

That's some pretty good stuff for kid who's main sport is football.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Another Sr. this year from Waxahachie is Kenedy Snell - committed to play football at TCU with his friend above

He has personal best 10.46 100m - last year - ran 10.74 this past weekend

He also runs all 3 major relays 4 x 100, 200, 400

Triple Jumps and Long Jumps

If I were these kids, I wouldn't do the jumps unless it's the high jump.  It puts a lot of wear and tear on the knees.

18 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

ND just offered Schwartz.  I would love for a kid with that type of speed to get on campus.  

11 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

golf, you forgot to add that Schwartz has a personal best of 10.26 in the 100 and 20.76 in the 200.

He can motor alright.  I was more interested in listing the 11 second + FBS guys lol.  Still need to do that.   

Is Corey Holmes still at ND?  Somehow his 40 speed never translated to success at ND.  When he was a 9th grader I thought he was a star in the making, but something went awry and not sure what.  

24 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

He can motor alright.  I was more interested in listing the 11 second + FBS guys lol.  Still need to do that.   

Is Corey Holmes still at ND?  Somehow his 40 speed never translated to success at ND.  When he was a 9th grader I thought he was a star in the making, but something went awry and not sure what.  

Holmes got lost in the shuffle.  A lot of players stepped up out wide and he has yet to break out.  He's supposed to have a major role this season.  I thought McKinny from Centennial would be a major contributor last season but it was Stepherson who had the good year.

46 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

1310 SAT, a burner with brains.  He smoked Tyrese here and there was no separation until very late in the 200 as well. 

10.54 into a head wind.  Yea we will take him at ND.  ND folks think he's all Gator though and ND just picked up a burner from Oregon but I want this Schwartz kid.