Texas Week 3 Football Scores

DevilDog

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You still think they put 30 on Newton 🤣😎

By the way I don't think there are 20 Teams in Texas better than Newton regardless of Class.  I do believe they could get worn down against 6A teams.  But no way in hell there are 20 teams more talented than those kids.  When have you seen WOS get dominated for 4qtrs regardless of class in the last 3 years.  #28 5A team beat them 19 - 18 this year and Newton Dominated them for all except 2 mins of the game.  21 - 0 with 2:36 left. 

Only Carthage and Argyle in 4A would be a problem for them IMHO.

I am not ready to take it that far, but I respect your opinion and you know that.

Beating WOS on the road is very very impressive

Due to the school size less than 300 they get my vote for most impressive team in the state.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You are correct and that was against a 4A Semi-Finalist.  The defense didn't give up a point the whole season. .  Legendary.  No one is touching that team.  The argument about them is about being the best ever.  Newton surely isn't getting that.  

Newton is right there with them if not better IMO based on talent

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am not ready to take it that far, but I respect your opinion and you know that.

Beating WOS on the road is very very impressive

Due to the school size less than 300 they get my vote for most impressive team in the state.

Look how 4A has performed against the larger classes and I think Newton is at the absolute top of 4A.  Barlow and gang are helluva Football players.  Name a Program with 3 better kids on Offense in Texas regardless of Size. You have to go to Allen and LT what does that say about the quality of kids they have and you would have an argument against them.  I damn sure wouldn't take anyone in Collin County not named Allen over them.  😎  The Beaumont Enterprise have them rated the best Football team in South East Texas.  Now how many in North East would you take over them.  Longview - Lufkin.  Thats only 2.  Maybe 10 in DFW and 10 in Houston.  1 or 2 in Austin and S.A.  They would absolutely destroy 6A out West of Austin.  I don't see 25 better or more talented.  People have to get over those AAAAA's.  Remember Bellevue with 2 Superstars beating Trinity or Willie Cole leading Cedar Hill damn near by himself.  Or the do it all for ET back in the day.     Allen, NS, LT, KATY are the top 1% of HS football teams.  How many teams in America would beat them.  Big difference between Allen and the 20th ranked 6A Team. 

For what it's worth I think they would beat this years Carthage team and you know I love Carthage.  That 29 game streak would be in serious peril.  Remember they went to WOS.  They wanted a neutral site and they worked them. 🤘

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/1321039427582

Baddest  little Team in Texas.  Stacked with D1 Kids.  The Field and weather sucked.  Newton's 4^ RB was avg 17yds per carry coming into this one. Even with the conditions and WOS a known defensive power he took one 95 yds.  TCU got a baller.   I believe Newton would have put up 35 on them if the conditions weren't so bad.  

https://www.12newsnow.com/video/sports/high-school/newton-vists-mustang-stadium-to-take-on-west-orange-stark-hs/502-8252165

Look at how terrible the field was. They gonna Smoke Gilmer next week. 😎

The weather and field sucked: 

https://www.12newsnow.com/video/sports/high-school/week-3-newton-high-school-takes-down-west-orange-stark-in-the-409sports-game-of-the-week-21-7/502-8252371

Nederland ranked #16 in 5A DII beat 4A DII Ranked SIlsbee 21 -14.  The week Before #1 3A DII Newton beat Silsbee 56 - 14..  🤘  Bad ass little team.  

They are legit Top 5A type team.  I don't think anyone in 4A on a Clean field can beat them including Carthage and I would only fear Lufkin and Aledo in 5A against them on a clean Field. 

LEGIT bEast Texas Football Team.  That's how they roll out there.  bEast Texas represented as such this year: .  6A Longview, 5A Lufkin, 4A Carthage, 3A Newton.  I will assure you everyone in Texas knows this is a handful for the competition.  

bEast Texas gonna be hell this year in all Classes.  

• Like 1

Newton won this game without their Head Coach who has a medical condition that I mentioned last year and the relationship he has with RB Barlow:

Offensively, Newton (3-0) relied on its usually suspects, getting long touchdowns from TCU verbal commits Tamauzia Brown and Darwin Barlow to seal the win.

What Stood Out

The Newton win was without coach W.T. Johnston, who missed the game to receive medical treatment. He plans to be back next week, according to multiple members of the Eagles coaching staff.

W. T Johnston's son and defensive coordinator Drew Johnston filled in as head coach.

4 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Katy played a team from Mexico? Is this normal for Texas teams? 

No. At least not for an elite team from the state. I believe Lufkin also played a team from Mexico. It really was a waste from a competitive point of view. I would think some of these Mexico teams would be better off playing Valley schools.

One interesting game next week is WO-S is at Crosby who beat Manvel. Don't know how this one is gonna go for the Mustangs.

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2018 at 1:40 AM, NorCalRuss said:

Katy played a team from Mexico? Is this normal for Texas teams? 

This is normal.  From 4A - 6A.  Every year about 5 or 6 games occur between them and Texas.  Even Allen has played these teams in the past. But first I have heard Katy playing them.  It's cool for the Mexican kids.  Pretty cool interaction with them and Katy after the game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This is normal.  From 4A - 6A.  Every year about 5 or 6 games occur between them and Texas.  Even Allen has played these teams in the past. But fist I have heard Katy playing them.  It's cool for the Mexican kids.  Pretty cool interaction with them and Katy after the game.

Not surprising.  Must be due to the #gate.

It's a shame North Shore won't be challenged till deep in the playoffs.

I'd love to see 5 star running back Reggie Evans go all out for an entire game. Scary to think he's just a junior. Most of these kids are resting after halftime, which actually COULD be a problem if someone has the will and fortitude to hit them back in the mouth.

Westfield was without their starting QB. It's been a while since they got beat like this. I think Cedar Hill at state was the last time they lost this bad.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Too bad we can't say the reverse

First 2 games were NS and Atascosita.  That Mexican team could beat some of the 6a teams in Tx, not the good ones though. If they want to play, I think it's a good idea to be cordial and accept. Before it's all over in Tx, the surviving teams will have run a gauntlet. Let me interpret,,,, KMA.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

First 2 games were NS and Atascosita.  That Mexican team could beat some of the 6a teams in Tx, not the good ones though. If they want to play, I think it's a good idea to be cordial and accept. Before it's all over in Tx, the surviving teams will have run a gauntlet. Let me interpret,,,, KMA.

Much respect to the 6A playoff run.  Nothing else like it.   You Texas guys have a good thing going with all the excellent teams in the state.  No other state comes close.  We'd just like a crack at your top dog once a year.  Just to see what happens. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Much respect to the 6A playoff run.  Nothing else like it.   You Texas guys have a good thing going with all the excellent teams in the state.  No other state comes close.  We'd just like a crack at your top dog once a year.  Just to see what happens. 

I’ve read a few Allen fans say they want a crack at Mater Dei 

• Like 2