Texas Week 3 Football Scores

DevilDog

On 9/17/2018 at 10:14 PM, DevilDog said:

Who was worse them or Texas High who the Lobos smoked the same way in their scrimmage?

Texas High. 6A Hendrickson beat them down too.

After Longview smoked Marshall, no way did I think they were a top 5A team. Maybe top 15-20 in 5A D2 but not a top team in all of 5A. Then again, Longview is just an animal. There is a reason they were my pre-season pick for 6A D2 title this year. Ruston is in for a long night tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

After Longview smoked Marshall, no way did I think they were a top 5A team. Maybe top 15-20 in 5A D2 but not a top team in all of 5A. Then again, Longview is just an animal. There is a reason they were my pre-season pick for 6A D2 title this year. Ruston is in for a long night tomorrow. 

Where’s Longview now in your top 10?

Many games moved to tonite because of inclement weather.  I will be at this Clash.  Like I said 4A is loaded and Melissa arguably has the best trio on offense in the DFW and they are the 3rd best team I have seen this year regardless of class in person.  I know what my eyes tell me.  Tonite they have their hands full.  Talent all over the field.  Melissa will beat a lot of big Schools.

Check it out.  I can't wait to see the fighting Deion Sanders in person.  10 mins from the crib.  Many got this year's Texas TAAPS ranked high.  4A is the deepest class 1 -20 in State for competition.  They are not what the perception is anymore ask 5AD1 & DII this year.    Melissa isn't even among the top 5 and they are loaded.  So what should that say about the quality of this class.  This will be better than Dunne and Desoto and T.C. is better than Dunne.  They might WIn Ibut Melissa will be a damn handful with QB Lewis and RB young.  Find 2 better in DFW.  You will not including Allen's Backfield.  Seen both.  Allen of course a better team overall. Both those kids would start at Allen including their receiver on the other side of Allen's stud WR.  No they won't wear down they don't play both sides like the small schools.  

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/09/18/melissa-vs-tc-cedar-hill-will-featurea-potent-offense-star-studded-secondary-wins

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Where’s Longview now in your top 10?

5-7 range. Somewhere in there with Cy-Fair and Duncanville.

Allen, LT and North Shore all by themselves in top 3. 

Still think Trinity is stuck in there at 4 despite near misses the past two weeks... but weather has been a bitch lately. However, those 5-7 range teams specifically Cy-Fair and Longview are on their tales. Let's see how Trinity does against JT this week compared to what Longview did to JT last week. Weather may effect that game too.

Bottom 3 of top 10 being Katy, Cedar Hill and Klein Collins.

Hendrickson has a big game this week against Vandegrift. If they handle up on those boys, Hendrickson no doubt will kick Klein Collins out of my top 10. 

That's a team folks aren't talking about enough. 

1 hour ago, WulfTangClan said:

Carthage dominated Marshall in the 2nd half.  Ruston has 2 RBs that are like 5'7" 140 each.  I hope LV just bruise em. But you never know.  Ruston and LV have a history battling it out.  I think it's 6 - 4 Lobos all-time.  I'm surely pulling for bEast Texas. Carthage vs Gilmer will be lit in Gilmer too when is LV not smoking Marshall.  Marshall is not as bad as that Lobo beat down.  LV is legit in 6A. 

Previews and predictions of DFW games moved to tonite due to weather issues this weekend.

Their Pick.  T.C 31. Melissa 28.   

Notice its the biggest game in DFW and one if biggest in-State

Hot Ticket: TC-Cedar Hill vs. Melissa

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/09/19/previews-predictions-notable-games-week-4-including-one-biggest-matchups-state

42 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Carthage dominated Marshall in the 2nd half.  

They outscored Marshall by 1 possession in 2nd half. 14-8. Carthage definitely had to work for that win, nothing dominating about it. That's like saying Marshall dominated Carthage 1st half.

Lufkin is a top 5A team statewide, Marshall not so much. But a very decent 5A D2 team. I give them 15-20 range in 5A D2, they are currently no where near 5A D2 teams like Aledo, Manvel, A&M Consolidated, PNG (when Roschon Johnson returns) to name a few.

Solid win for Carthage. I expect them to have a great season and run the tables again in 4A DI...  but they would not fair too well against the good-elite 5A and 6A programs.

Longview-Ruston may be the quickest game of all time. Ruston HC Jerrod Baugh use to work at Longview under HC John King as OC. He learned alot from King and they have similar offensive styles. King being a bit more diverse and pass happy on offense than Baugh is.

Should be a decisive win in Longview's favor.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:31 PM, WulfTangClan said:

They outscored Marshall by 1 possession in 2nd half. 14-8. Carthage definitely had to work for that win, nothing dominating about it. That's like saying Marshall dominated Carthage 1st half.

Lufkin is a top 5A team statewide, Marshall not so much. But a very decent 5A D2 team. I give them 15-20 range in 5A D2, they are currently no where near 5A D2 teams like Aledo, Manvel, A&M Consolidated, PNG (when Roschon Johnson returns) to name a few.

Solid win for Carthage. I expect them to have a great season and run the tables again in 4A DI...  but they would not fair too well against the good-elite 5A and 6A programs.

Longview-Ruston may be the quickest game of all time. Ruston HC Jerrod Baugh use to work at Longview under HC John King as OC. He learned alot from King and they have similar offensive styles. King being a bit more diverse and pass happy on offense than Baugh is.

Should be a decisive win in Longview's favor.

I saw the game Carthage dominated the second half they were up by two scores about to go up by three Marshall scored the last touchdown with like 2.minutes  to go. They had like 110yds in the 2nd half.  They were dominated.  Sacked and harassed.  Nothing like the 1st half.  I posted a link to that game.  They got all those yds in 1st half.  They scored a TD and 2pts at the end for only pts in 2nd half. Marshall scored 24pts in 1st half and never got close till 2mins left.  Carthage dominated on offense and defense in 2nd half.  Final score 35 - 32 is misleading about the game.  

I do hope the Lobos romp

48 minutes ago, Champa said:

Will be watching WO-S vs Crosby this evening.

Be interesting to see how the Mustangs fare against a solid 5A squad.

Hey if you have the time post a few for this one.  Ore than solid they beat Manvel 49 - 47.  Never beaten WOS though they haven't played since 1976.  I love the 5A split.  Now we got big time 5A vs 4A and 6A like never before.  It's at Crosby. 

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Hey if you have the time post a few for this one.  Ore than solid they beat Manvel 49 - 47.  Never beaten WOS though they haven't played since 1976.  I love the 5A split.  Now we got big time 5A vs 4A and 6A like never before.  It's at Crosby. 

Due to UIL restrictions, I won't get to see this game live 😒

Have to wait an hour after it's over to actually see the game, which I will.

1 hour ago, Champa said:

Touchdown WOS.

Now up 10 - 0.

Classifications ain't meaning shit so far lol.

EDIT: Halftime:

WOS - 17

Crosby - 7

Like I been saying all year.  1-20 4A Is the deepest Class in Texas and Newton is better than everyone in 4A.  It's amazing that Texans can't wrap their heads around how good this class and that little team is.  If that field had not been muddy in WOS last week Newton would have beat them by 20+.  WOS could lose they are the 15th ranked team in all of 4A beating the #11 5A team on the road at home.  Yet people think 5A and most of 6A is way better than this class.  They need to watch more football.  Allen, Katy, NS, LT. LV, ET are a different level.  Carthage and Argyle I would not be scared to bet them against anyone in 5A alone with Newton.  Newton is a top 25 team in all of TEXAS.  

6 minutes ago, Champa said:

In the third:

WOS - 17

Crosby - 21

Horrible quarter for the Mustangs. Still anyone's ballgame. Crosby with some straight up dumb penalties.

WOS gotta a lot of pride.  Those kids will damn sure battle to the end.  Pretty telling that they are hanging with a 5A Elite on the Road. 🤘

4 minutes ago, Champa said:

WOS imploding. Crosby winning 28 - 17.

Another dumb penalty for Crosby. That's two taunting penalties. One cost them a TD. This one after an int.

May not be a lot of handshakes after this one. Crosby talking too much smack.

WOS took on an ambitious schedule their 1st 4 games and only returned 4 on off and 3 on Def.   District should be easy for them after these 4 games.