MC 43 STA 27 final.

954gator

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

One thing MC does stupid good is run the ball.  They ran for well over 200 yards vs SJC (allowed around 70 or so).   They've run well against IMG, BG, and SJC so I'm sure they will against STA as well.   

Even though I'll be at Columbia game I'll probably keep a eye sparingly on this one in the stands because I'm curious how Central does against that defense 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Quote me where i said MC was perfect, yeah they got weaknesses 

I can't quote it because you didn't post about MC until now... quote me where I said you did.  

They didn't go for the kill against SJC

Is SJC's weakness not going for the kill?  

They had multiple opportunities to win that game and failed to capitalize and if they don't take advantage of their chances with sta it will backfire 

Did SJC too?  It was a 5 OT game... can we call it two close teams needing a winner decided?  

I don't think either blows the other out,  i picked Central bc I have a gut feeling that they will do enough to win but sta winning won't surprise me

Well a running clock on DeMatha didn't do much to help your opinion and that's fine.  Many forum members guts have indigestion with STA :), it's a normal reaction.   Go with the less hated team in a coin flip, it's human nature.   Nothing wrong with that.  

Even though i haven't seen MC as extensively as sta one thing I have heard is MC isn't as strong in the back end of defense (secondary)  however passing isn't sta strength so i don't think they can capitalize on it

One key sure... can STA throw or scramble for first downs.    STA will likely be very conservative early similar to the DeMatha game and see if their D can help aid in getting the O in good field position.   

Sta has a solid OL which will have toughest test of season against MC 

Maybe, until we see DeMatha vs. Gonzaga tough to say.    Not sure if you mean to date or the full season.   DFB's D doesn't look too shabby so far.  

Biggest question is can MC score enough on that defense,  MC may need to score on special teams or defense if they want to win and force turnovers to get good field position and limit mistakes

We will see... STA DL  has depth like I've never seen.   Heat index will  likely be in the 90's still during the game or close to it.  Depth might be a factor if we start seeing some cramps and key players start to come off.    STA can also do a rinse and repeat very vanilla type O scheme, similar to vs DeMatha initially and hope their D and punt returns setup a good field position.   This could make their D a bit tired if MC can sustain some drives while STA plays ultra conservative and gives their punter good air time.     

Can't wait for this one... hope the weather holds up.   MC will be relentless and totally fired up.  NFL High vs. ANYWHERE ANYTIME ATTITUDE with big game experience and heart.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I wasn't impressed with dematha, i thought they were way overrated and of all the nationally relevant teams i have seen this year I felt they were the weakest

I honestly think St John's will blast Dematha when they play

My personal feelings for STA have nothing to do with my pick or where i rank them, after all i have sta number 2 in FL 

Hardly biased there

And yeah I meant toughest challenge to date, i can't speak to teams they may face later in the season or even next week with DFB yet

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

If MC could have kicked every kick into the endzone vs SJC the game might have ended up completely different.  SJC was getting returns from the 10-15 to the 40-50 on those kickoffs.   A 3 and out would end up with MC pinned after a punt lol.  When you have teams with good defenses the starting position is HUGE.    

Hopefully it's a good game. Glad to see them playing one another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I wasn't impressed with dematha, i thought they were way overrated and of all the nationally relevant teams i have seen this year I felt they were the weakest

Of course you weren't impressed.  They got throttled by STA, a team you loathe. 

I honestly think St John's will blast Dematha when they play

I honestly think St. John's would blast a majority of teams they play.   Let's see how DeMatha vs Gonzaga plays out.  DeMatha beat Imhotep Charter by 19 pts.   SJR beat Imhotep by 8.   AHP beat SJR by 3 as some connect the dot reference thus far.    

My personal feelings for STA have nothing to do with my pick or where i rank them, after all i have sta number 2 in FL 

BS.  Just be honest, who cares.  Even pollsters themselves have biases (imagine that).   You're a youngster, but do you recall 2011 Rivals?  DJ got booted from Ned Freeman's compilation poll (Calpreps) because he let the NJ forum base dictate a bias that went haywire one week... causing him to make odd changes abruptly to Don Bosco Prep's ranking.  

Hardly biased there

I was hoping you would add STA to your top 25 list preseason.  They didn't make the initial top 10 cut in March right?  Nah, no bias.  Every year is the same.  I posted a thread about their team.  I recall mentioning Dumervil as a 4 star recruit look at DT not RT like he played last season.   I recall seeing him having a strong game vs. DeMatha at DT.   Maybe you read my posts more clearly :)    Weren't you the one who mentioned you heard MC was down this season and that's why STA is playing them?  Sure thought that was you...  many of your posts mention "I've heard".   MC looks very down this season so far.   Well they will if STA wins, right?  

And yeah I meant toughest challenge to date, i can't speak to teams they may face later in the season or even next week with DFB yet

I'd like to see DeMatha vs Gonzaga first before labeling that... also we'll of course have tomorrow night's game to use for discussion as well.   

• Like 2

As for toughest DLine STA has to face this year.  My bet is DFB.   They held Buford from scoring in some crazy hopeless situations.   Check out Buford's Oline and RB on 247.   Pretty impressive.   I think MC is better than DFB, but on the Dline DFB is legit.  

Dematha's DLine was pretty stout as well.   They wore down with Florida Gator offense syndrome. 

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

As for toughest DLine STA has to face this year.  My bet is DFB.   They held Buford from scoring in some crazy hopeless situations.   Check out Buford's Oline and RB on 247.   Pretty impressive.   I think MC is better than DFB, but on the Dline DFB is legit.  

Dematha's DLine was pretty stout as well.   They wore down with Florida Gator offense syndrome. 

You going?  PM me.   Also, how is Scarlett doing this season... on and off the field lol.  Hopefully he's being a leader and a role model this season.   I gotta ditch this Giants helmet,  F-ing Michigan,  Giants 0-2.  I should put a MC Rockets helmet up lol.  

39 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

When i made that statement of MC being down it was before they started getting studs coming in,  at the time it was true but i then said later that i p should have waited until August before making that statement 

I also stated that if sta beats MC like they did Dematha i would be impressed 

And please tell me one thing that Dematha did in that game that even for a second made them look elite,  they didn't just get beat they looked like they were a jv team out there,  a national badass like Dematha got goose egged on the scoreboard, yet they elite??

What elite team gets shutout like that?? I don't think they even were in redzone once all game

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

And fyi when i released my Official preseason poll i had them at 3 or 4 in FL 

And i just keep my sources anonymous, unlike a certain shithead that used to post here i don't use sources as a way to pretend i know everything and use inside information just so i can insult people, i use sources to learn about various teams so i can better understand them

I actually do listen to people and try to correct things that i have incorrect early on

In fact i said before when you didn't like my placement to make a case that wasn't just some roster report, I wanted more than just how many d1 offers the players had for me to put sta as high as people want

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

One thing MC does stupid good is run the ball.  They ran for well over 200 yards vs SJC (allowed around 70 or so).   They've run well against IMG, BG, and SJC so I'm sure they will against STA as well.   

According to the MC stats they posted on MaxPreps vs SJC they had 55 rushes for 217 yards (3.9 per carry)... not sure that qualifies as "stupid good".

14 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

In fact i said before when you didn't like my placement to make a case that wasn't just some roster report, I wanted more than just how many d1 offers the players had for me to put sta as high as people want

What else is there to analyze but their roster?  You asked what was different.  Why are they better.  I answered.   Here’s a refresher below.  STA didn’t play an intrasquad game nor a Koc.  Your bias just looked moronic with them not in the top 10, so you adjusted it.   Like DJ moving DBP back to a normal ranking when he realized his silly bias tantrum, much like yours.   STA’s roster didn’t change from March and they didn’t play a down until DeMatha (a team you were in a thread about with suggesting preseason quality teams to visit Dematha on an open August date, which turned into to the same week they played STA).    Maybe you should watch DeMatha highlights vs their PA opponent.  This way your clear bias due to an invisible persona won’t creep in.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

What else is there to analyze but their roster?  You asked what was different.  Why are they better.  I answered.   Here’s a refresher below.  STA didn’t play an intrasquad game nor a Koc.  Your bias just looked moronic with them not in the top 10, so you adjusted it.   Like DJ moving DBP back to a normal ranking when he realized his silly bias tantrum, much like yours.   STA’s roster didn’t change from March and they didn’t play a down until DeMatha (a team you were in a thread about with suggesting preseason quality teams to visit Dematha on an open August date, which turned into to the same week they played STA).    Maybe you should watch DeMatha highlights vs their PA opponent.  This way your clear bias due to an invisible persona won’t creep in.  

If you have a link to the game then I'll check it out

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

According to the MC stats they posted on MaxPreps vs SJC they had 55 rushes for 217 yards (3.9 per carry)... not sure that qualifies as "stupid good".

When you consider the fact that the QB had 9 "rushes" for -5 yards, and that SJC has a pretty damn strong defense I'd consider it pretty damn good.   My point is MC has run the ball against defenses known to be stout against the run.   That's why I mentioned IMG and BG from last year.    I don't think it's a stretch to think they find a way to run the ball vs STA.    I really hope they get stuffed, but that just doesn't seem to happen.    

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 954gator said:

When you consider the fact that the QB had 9 "rushes" for -5 yards, and that SJC has a pretty damn strong defense I'd consider it pretty damn good.   My point is MC has run the ball against defenses known to be stout against the run.   That's why I mentioned IMG and BG from last year.    I don't think it's a stretch to think they find a way to run the ball vs STA.    I really hope they get stuffed, but that just doesn't seem to happen.    

I hear you...I expect both defenses to dominate and the score to be something like 17-13. Not sure who wins.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'll never be able to root for STA until they change that ugly ass mismatched gold on their unis.

If you want to go with the real gold on the helmets, then trash the yellow britches.

That irritates the hell out of me whenever teams do that.

by about the 4th quarter they might be similar in color to Colquitt's lol.

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

by about the 4th quarter they might be similar in color to Colquitt's lol.

While that may be true, they will never match the golden domes. Lol

Personally, I liked when Colquitt wore the old gold. The current "gold" is just a few shades off, but I guess we can only choose from the colors Nike offers.

12 hours ago, WCACguy said:

3.9 per carry = a 1st down every 3rd carry. That equates to a TD every possession. The math says they are elite in my books.

Yeah I know they don't score every possession, but they do run better than more than 80% of the top 25.

justsayin... 

28 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

3.9 per carry = a 1st down every 3rd carry. That equates to a TD every possession. The math says they are elite in my books.

Yeah I know they don't score every possession, but they do run better than more than 80% of the top 25.

justsayin... 

Only true if they can go 15-20 plays without a penalty, turnover or negative yardage play. I don't think 3.9 is elite....many teams run for more yards per carry. I hope MC can run on STA...I'm rooting for them.

13 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

When i made that statement of MC being down it was before they started getting studs coming in,  at the time it was true but i then said later that i p should have waited until August before making that statement 

I also stated that if sta beats MC like they did Dematha i would be impressed 

And please tell me one thing that Dematha did in that game that even for a second made them look elite,  they didn't just get beat they looked like they were a jv team out there,  a national badass like Dematha got goose egged on the scoreboard, yet they elite??

What elite team gets shutout like that?? I don't think they even were in redzone once all game

Bishop Gorman. 

50 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

justsayin... 

MC got sacked a ton as well.   He does NOT like to run with the ball.  That's for sure.