Ohio Week 5 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Really need to get them OOS next season!!!

I love OOS games....if it happens, hope it's of similar quality......Colerain reloads, and has a lot of good young guys,  but this years team is mostly seniors..

This will probably be one of Colerain' s best teams recently and for at least a couple years......but you never know

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

No one wants that smoke.

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG and SJC do!!!!

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

They don't want to see that option.  

Haha. I love Colerain, but they have no business playing IMG.......they could probably avoid getting blown out this year, but the Line play would be a huge factor to overcome

SJC would be more interesting, but still would be quite a team to overcome. 

2 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I love OOS games....if it happens, hope it's of similar quality......Colerain reloads, and has a lot of good young guys,  but this years team is mostly seniors..

This will probably be one of Colerain' s best teams recently and for at least a couple years......but you never know

Same thoughts I had in 03, where I thought the guys they were losing, qb and all..I knew 04 had serious talent but in 03 didn’t imagine what the 04 team would evolve into. With all the youngsters getting this playing time, actually taking snaps away from seniors already this year. We could be seeing a repeat of 04-06. Time will tell 

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

Haha. I love Colerain, but they have no business playing IMG.......they could probably avoid getting blown out this year, but the Line play would be a huge factor to overcome

I watched little Trinity Catholic handle IMG's massive offensive line.  It's not all that great despite their ratings.  Hurricanes have saved them from really getting exposed.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I think Colerain's issue is playing in a weak GMC conference.

You play some GCL teams and then go a bit to sleep similar to Glenville blowing out teams 45-0 only to play that team you barely beat or won against.

This year you beat X in a rain delay 14-12 and they lost to the what everyone said was the worst GCL team Moeller tonight. 

6 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

I think Colerain's issue is playing in a weak GMC conference.

You play some GCL teams and then go a bit to sleep similar to Glenville blowing out teams 45-0 only to play that team you barely beat or won against.

This year you beat X in a rain delay 14-12 and they lost to the what everyone said was the worst GCL team Moeller tonight. 

Good take but I disagree.

Watched all of the X game tonight, and the X offense looked horrible. Moe didnt look much better, and a pick 6 late gave Moe a 2 score lead, which was answered by X....both teams have good defenses, and both offenses looked unimpressive

The better explanation IMO is that Colerains offense isn't very good in week 1 or 2, and very good defenses can give them trouble early. To be honest, only X and La Salle(recently) have ever consistently given Colerain's offense trouble.

As we have seen in every year except 2016, when Colerain plays the same team twice in the same season, Colerain performs significantly  better in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

Good take but I disagree.

Watched all of the X game tonight, and the X offense looked horrible. Moe didnt look much better, and a pick 6 late gave Moe a 2 score lead, which was answered by X....both teams have good defenses, and both offenses looked unimpressive

The better explanation IMO is that Colerains offense isn't very good in week 1 or 2, and very good defenses can give them trouble early. To be honest, only X and La Salle(recently) have ever consistently given Colerain's offense trouble.

As we have seen in every year except 2016, when Colerain plays the same team twice in the same season, Colerain performs significantly  better in the playoffs.

They always under perform in the playoffs

2004 last time in state finals? And a team that was.... they were great!

calling it like I see it... we are still friends😀

10 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

They always under perform in the playoffs

2004 last time in state finals? And a team that was.... they were great!

calling it like I see it... we are still friends😀

Ha no worries man, I debate people with differing opinions all the time...gotta listen to em all, and consider all angles...

They've definitely choked away a couple of games, but never under perform. Its usually turnovers or an unusual special teams play that bite them. The offense and defense always show up.

But I believe they still have more playoff wins than any D1 team since 2000......and since 2000 have a winning record against Wayne, Pick Central, and every GCL school, except X, whom they are split even with. IMO that blows a huge hole in the weak conference argument.

4 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Ha no worries man, I debate people with differing opinions all the time...gotta listen to em all, and consider all angles...

They've definitely choked away a couple of games, but never under perform. Its usually turnovers or an unusual special teams play that bite them. The offense and defense always show up.

But I believe they still have more playoff wins than any D1 team since 2000......and since 2000 have a winning record against Wayne, Pick Central, and every GCL school, except X, whom they are split even with. IMO that blows a huge hole in the weak conference argument.

I love the program

just saying what I see

good luck as always 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Agree 100% mi amigo.  As good  as our Cardinals are, we have to keep it in perspective.  In our absolute best years, we are a top 5-10 program in the nation.  Cracking that top 5 discussion requires more high-level, ESPECIALLY along the lines, than what we usually ever possess.  Which is fine.  I'd just love to put another State Championship trophy back in the case at some point.

And no interest in playing that big OOS game next year.  Waaaaaayyyy to many Seniors to replace.  Going to be a lean year in 2019 for our Cards, I fear.  Maybe only a regional finals appearance. 😉

-93CardinalsFan

14 minutes ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

Agree 100% mi amigo.  As good  as our Cardinals are, we have to keep it in perspective.  In our absolute best years, we are a top 5-10 program in the nation.  Cracking that top 5 discussion requires more high-level, ESPECIALLY along the lines, than what we usually ever possess.  Which is fine.  I'd just love to put another State Championship trophy back in the case at some point.

And no interest in playing that big OOS game next year.  Waaaaaayyyy to many Seniors to replace.  Going to be a lean year in 2019 for our Cards, I fear.  Maybe only a regional finals appearance. 😉

-93CardinalsFan

Agreed about a BIG OOS game, but a comparable team I'm all for. I love the OOS games.

Hoban 35, SVSM 3

Mentor 35, Brunswick 0

Dublin Coffman 31, Pick North 28 (North fails their first test of the season)

Pick Central 17, HD 14 (OT) 

Moeller 19, St. X 14 (What is going on with X?)

Wayne 49, Northmont 20 (Big bounce back for Wayne after getting trounced by Miamisburg. Northmont hype appears to be just that). 

5 hours ago, OdbCle said:

Hoban 35, SVSM 3

Mentor 35, Brunswick 0

Dublin Coffman 31, Pick North 28 (North fails their first test of the season)

Pick Central 17, HD 14 (OT) 

Moeller 19, St. X 14 (What is going on with X?)

Wayne 49, Northmont 20 (Big bounce back for Wayne after getting trounced by Miamisburg. Northmont hype appears to be just that). 

Not too overly surprised by Columbus scores....

Figured the Pick Central/HD game would either be a big blowout (if HD was just hype) or would be a toss up game (if HD was forreal)....didnt think there was much in between.....good to see HD back competing with the best

Pick North/Coffman not really surprising at all to me. I wasn't really convinced on either team. 

Very surprised by Wayne/Northmont.....it does appear Northmont is just hype.

X/Moe was an ugly game. Both offenses very much underwhelmed. Moe defense is much better than I thought. Probably a top 5 defense in state........Moe kept putting pressure on Hudepohl all night and forced him into bad decisions and bad throws....same thing happened in the 2nd half of the Colerain game.

14 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

The adult more so than the students. I like them usually. Today just wasn't their day on the mic

Iggy D definitely good. Elder offense definitely capable and made some good plays, but Iggy D kept making big plays when they needed to.

Is Iggy back on track?

i think so

odd how they could not run on Elder where Ed’s could easily but Iggy threw it vertically  isolating Kennedy who had a day against the Elder D

Iggy D got some good film of last weeks game and the master Chico prepared them well against the 5-8 yard passes

nice victory which catapults them into the #7 playoff spot

3 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Is Iggy back on track?

i think so

odd how they could not run on Elder where Ed’s could easily but Iggy threw it vertically  isolating Kennedy who had a day against the Elder D

Iggy D got some good film of last weeks game and the master Chico prepared them well against the 5-8 yard passes

nice victory which catapults them into the #7 playoff spot

Yes. Iggy clearly watched the tape of last week and forced most throws to the sideline. Elder really had trouble with it

Speed is what really gives Elder trouble......i think Ed's has more team speed than Iggy, which is probably why Eds had more success running.

I said going into the game that the Iggy 3-3 defense would be best suited to take away the Elder passing game.  They adopted the defense from X, and X has had great success against Elder's offense in recent history. Iggy offense still has a ways to go, and may never get there with the play of their o-line, but they have guys at the skill positions that can make plays.