Longview, TX 56 Ruston, La 28 Final

RedZone

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Ruston left 4 TDs on the field too...

How? Because you failed to convert on 4th downs? That's called defense.

And did you deduct the bad snap TDs Longview gift wrapped for Ruston too?

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

CE Byrd (Bishop Dunne killers) goes down hard tonight to Haughton 42-21

It's gonna snow...

My Hometown fan starting to get a bit cocky now.

Things I've heard about this game:

Byrd couldn't match the speed of Haughton (Nothing new there).  Byrd did what they wanted on offense (even had the ball for like 80% of the game which chewed clock).  BUT when you give up bombs and long TDs...It's hard to keep up.

Byrd was down 28-21 and looked to have caught a break on a safety....BUT guy tackling the QB grabbed a facemask on the tackle.  Haughton scored to make it 35-21 and Byrd had to play catchup.

Interesting fact:  Haughton starts 0 Seniors.  If they keep getting solid coaching (an ongoing issue)...They could be a team to watch out for (Statewise) im a couple of years.

Im not sold yet...3 of Haughton's 4 wins came against Cupcakes.

• Like 1

The HC at Ruston was on staff at Longview for several years.

if Ruston had defense they could have made game of it...Longview tried every way possible to give them game.

1st series fumbled going into end zone for TD - touch back

2 times snapped ball over QB head the first one was recovered in end zone for TD...The 2nd was recovered at 12 - Longview held them to FG

multple other turnover - some coming after long gain.

LV will need to play better than this next week or Rockwall will might beat them.

way too much competition in Texas to be writing in Longview for state championship game in 6A Div 2

Ruston had 525 yards of total offense vs the #3 team in TX. Ruston moved the ball with ease vs the Lobo. Ruston killed themselves inside the 10 and redzone.....not a bad effort from the Ruston Bearcats.

Longview had 667 yards of total offense

TEAM STATISTICS

First Downs: L: 16 | R: 19

Rushing: L: 31-288 | R: 44-304

Passing: L: 379 | R: 231

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Ruston had 525 yards of total offense vs the #3 team in TX. Ruston moved the ball with ease vs the Lobo. Ruston killed themselves inside the 10 and redzone.....not a bad effort from the Ruston Bearcats.

TEAM STATISTICS

There is your problem...You base everything on bogus rankings.

Longview plays like that this coming week Rockwall will hand them big L

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

TEAM STATISTICS

Da hell Ruston...U let Longview throw for damn near 400 on ya???

Better yet....Damn Longview...Ya let Ruston run for over 300 on you???

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

The HC at Ruston was on staff at Longview for several years.

if Ruston had defense they could have made game of it...Longview tried every way possible to give them game.

1st series fumbled going into end zone for TD - touch back

2 times snapped ball over QB head the first one was recovered in end zone for TD...The 2nd was recovered at 12 - Longview held them to FG

multple other turnover - some coming after long gain.

LV will need to play better than this next week or Rockwall will might beat them.

way too much competition in Texas to be writing in Longview for state championship game in 6A Div 2

Might???  At this point Rockwall can score against the world!!

ALSO at this point....Rockwall can give up 50 to the world...

I dunno who to pick...Rockwall got me like 🙃

13 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Might???  At this point Rockwall can score against the world!!

ALSO at this point....Rockwall can give up 50 to the world...

I dunno who to pick...Rockwall got me like 🙃

I agree on Rockwall - I would bet on Longview to bounce back and not be so sloppy this week.

i am not sold on Longview like everyone else.  I like their talent level - but they have shown vs Lufkin and Ruston that there defense may have some weaknesses 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I agree on Rockwall - I would bet on Longview to bounce back and not be so sloppy this week.

i am not sold on Longview like everyone else.  I like their talent level - but they have shown vs Lufkin and Ruston that there defense may have some weaknesses 

Agree, it's way too early to pencil in LV into the SC.  Teams like cedar hill, who has started off good and Westfield, Klein Collins, may have something to say about it before it's all said and done. Westlake may be standing in the wings to knock them off for the crown too.  D2 won't be a cakewalk. 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Agree, it's way too early to pencil in LV into the SC.  Teams like cedar hill, who has started off good and Westfield, Klein Collins, may have something to say about it before it's all said and done. Westlake may be standing in the wings to knock them off for the crown too.  D2 won't be a cakewalk. 

Evidently Ruston had the greatest performance of a 4td. beat down in history.  The damn game ended with Lobos taking a knee inside the 10.yd line with their subs. No one was even interested in this game for a reason.  Now the Lobos are the tops in Texas.   I love bEast Texas LV haas failed since 1937.   There are no double digit State champs here.  It's not easy in any class.  They better focus on District.  Whatever stats Ruston had it resulted in getting smoked. 56 - 28 is the only one that Matters on the road with different rules.

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Evidently Ruston had the greatest performance of a 4td. beat down in history.  The damn game ended with Lobos taking a knee inside the 10.yd line with their subs. No one was even interested in this game for a reason.  Now the Lobos are the tops in Texas.   I love bEast Texas LV haas failed since 1937.   There are no double digit State champs here.  It's not easy in any class.  They better focus on District.  Whatever stats Ruston had it resulted in getting smoked. 56 - 28 is the only one that Matters on the road with different rules.

Yeah, Ruston is hardly a barometer, one reason I haven't commented on that game.  It was 56-28 and easily could have been 63-28.  Enough said.  😂 

• Haha 1

535 yds by a Louisiana team not even ranked...🏈

You just can't make this up....I guess you could try to spin it. smdh

"Ruston opened it up as well. Behind a big night from senior do-it-all quarterback Eric Outley, Ruston finished with 535 yards of total offense. Outley finished with three rushing touchdowns on a 169-yard night for the Bearcats, who had 304 yards on the ground.

Receiving the opening kick in the second half, Ruston scored quickly, setting up a back-and-forth showdown until a big stop from the Lobo defense forced a field goal with 29 seconds left in the 29-point third quarter for a 42-28 Longview lead."

32 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah, Ruston is hardly a barometer, one reason I haven't commented on that game.  It was 56-28 and easily could have been 63-28.  Enough said.  😂 

This was a Cyoa thread.  This was a 4 TD beatdown with  taking a knee at the end with a 3rd string Tailback that the announcing team wanted to score for some reason.  Actually LV's 3 games are not a barometer.  Unless you think 5A Lufkin is a top 6A team (I don't) LV always beat them.  Marshall when do they not get beatdown by the Lobos and Ruston (We know the success LV has against La. 

Actually they have not beaten anyone that would open our eyes in reality and say they are Top 3 without hesitation.  I want them to win State.  But people need to realize just how deep this State is.   LV will catch hell in their own District.  

Ruston had the greatest showing of a 4td beatdown in History at home this past Friday. 

Enough of this Ruston and this thread has more posts from us than it deserves. The reason non commented on the Beatdown. 

Isn't it funny we get a post about Byrd the (Dunne Killer)  when for weeks we hear how ECA, La. has a terrible offense and will not do anything. Get beat by Dunne and mauled by Dville and even lost to NLR.  

Yet 1st game in State against Parkway who got their own thread recently   ECA 56  Pkwy 20.  🤘

Evangel Christian Academy's offense came in ready to rumble, picking up 35 points in the first half.

If you want heat in a La. Thread bring up Texas.  Have fun with this one.  I'm out. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't look too much into Ruston's success moving the ball against Longview.

Ruston HC Jerrod Baugh use to be OC at Longview.. learned alot from Longview HC John King. So familiarity with Longview's program played a role in this game and I expected Baugh to find some soft spots in LV's defense yardage wise. He's very fortunate LV didn't hang 70+ on his squad however.

Having seen Rockwall this year...Longview will beat Rockwall by about 10-14 this week as Rockwall's defense is much worse than Longview's. Plus as good as Rockwall's Jacob Clark is, he's a bit of a "pick king". Has a couple of INT's this year.. threw 3 INT's in that game against Longview last year.

Not that Ruston is a barometer for anything.....