(3) Mater Dei defeats (1) IMG 28-24

ATLien12x

4 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

IMG was the better team, all Mater Dei had going for them was better QB, DB’s and Coaching...guess those things are important 

Mater Dei's coaching was gutsy, and impressive. 

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah idk that entire last drive was awful. They threw a seven yard route with 1:08 left needing 80 yards lmao and then casually took 20 seconds off the clock setting up a second down that you thought MAAAAAY have been discussed during the media timeout prior. (But guess not)

Yep....wasting time getting to the line......on 2nd down figured they would run it to easily pick up the 1st/stop clock, then figured on 4th for sure they would run it........or at least run/pass option................weird coaching decision

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Roach said:

IMG and MD won't be able to play next year. California passed some regulations that if you don't play for a state title, then their teams can't play you. I believe IMG is a member of the FHSAA but not like a St. Thomas Aquinas. They could decide to do that, but then they will have to be in district play and all the local teams like Venice, Manatee, Lakeland, Southeast etc will complain. 

MD and USC win!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

IMG was the better team, all Mater Dei had going for them was better QB, DB’s and Coaching...guess those things are important 

Maybe, Maybe not... MD was very impressive and when it counted #5 and #9 came through!!!!... Rollo is a legend!!!... Great job to the Monarchs!!!!.... As a HSFB fan who grew up and played in the OC, I am very proud!!!!....🙂.... and please don't ruin my buzz with all the transfer crap!!!....🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Hahahahaha I knew it wouldn’t take long for a Texas poster to chime in on that. Hell its 2am and State Champ rose from his sleep when someone posted Texas wasn’t as good 😂😂

I said it was only my opinion, which is based on the sheer level of talent IMG and Mater Dei have.  You still have to have the talent, coaching can only go so far.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but I remember Allen only having ten d1 recruits.  Please do correct me if I'm wrong, because I've been known to be wrong many times in the past.   I was told North Shore has maybe 19 so far. 

Hear me out for a second...If were gonna do this transfer up shit let’s just go all out. They should create  8 IMG-like programs across the country in different regions and just stack them with ridiculous talent. And then they play in an eight man league and we just watch and drink beers and smoke and enjoy them beating up on each other every Friday night until they go to college

5689E145-0C7B-4951-8E69-A9848408FE4C.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Thomas Roach said:

This is probably IMGs weakest Qb in years. If they had a Kellen Mond, Deondre Francois,  or Shea Patterson, they would have been so much harder to stop. 

And if JT didn't reclassify and stayed for his senior year, MD would have destroyed them. Either way, this game will go down as one of the best games ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RuntheClock said:

Felt IMG gave up on that last drive knowing they didn't have the QB to get it done, i mean they called 4 verticals on 3rd and short or something like that like wtf? 

IMG has very impressive run game.  MD doesn’t give up yardage like that over the course of several games.

1 minute ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

And did you see IMG's offensive line?  Wow! 

Agreed!! I can't imagine what it must be like to beat a national all star team with all that size, speed and athleticism. Those kats basically eat, breath, sleep and train for football daily with the top trainers and facilities. Just makes MD's win look even that much more impressive.