(3) Mater Dei defeats (1) IMG 28-24

ATLien12x

I find it strange with all that Recruiting and non Stop training throughout the day and preparing for College right away.  No one could figure out just get the 2 yards and reset the downs.  But hell no lets run around and heave a few desperate passes.   Maybe No one in Texas can touch either but a damn 6-man Coach in West Texas would have better play calling those last 45 secs.   IMG YOU NEEDED JUST 2 YARDS WITH 2 DOWNS TO GET IT.  

Incredible 

Misguided

GamePlan

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I find it strange with all that Recruiting and non Stop training throughout the day and preparing for College right away.  No one could figure out just get the 2 yards and reset the downs.  But hell no lets run around and heave a few desperate passes.   Maybe No one in Texas can touch either but a damn 6-man Coach in West Texas would have better play calling those last 45 secs.   IMG YOU NEEDED JUST 2 YARDS WITH 2 DOWNS TO GET IT. 

Incredible 

Misguided

GamePlan

🤣

Absolutely agree there.  This kind of call reminds me of the Texas/USC game in 2005 where USC took Reggie Bush out of the game for the run play on 4th and 2.  Like, "WHAAAAAAA?"  

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Incredible 

Misguided

GamePlan

🤣

Yep with a big tried OL that was slow lining up after coming into the game after the MD drive...HA

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I find it strange with all that Recruiting and non Stop training throughout the day and preparing for College right away.  No one could figure out just get the 2 yards and reset the downs

Maybe they could have gotten a first down, but it still would have required some desperation throws.   It was a pretty good team on the other side of tha ball after all.

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Incredible 

Misguided

GamePlan

🤣

3 downs to get it!.....and there were multiple opportunities for a run/pass option to pick up the first down, but the QB tried to stay in the pocket.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, State Champ said:

Yep with a big tried OL that was slow lining up after coming into the game after the MD drive...HA

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

image.png.05d4e56f9352ec6d3ed4ce7a544707d1.png

Image result for mater dei football coach

I don't think Mater Dei recruits, they just get a lot of quality transfers.  California rules state that you can transfer for athletic reasons.  In an article I mentioned when I first joined a few weeks ago, it stated that the program recruits itself, not so much the coaches. 

It's my opinion that it's best for the athletes to have that option. 

Just now, On2whls said:

Maybe they could have gotten a first down, but it still would have required some desperation throws.   It was a pretty good team on the other side of tha ball after all.

I would rather have 4 extra downs with 40 secs for additional desperation throws.  But hey what is a few more extra shots when you can screw up the only 2 you currently have. 

Great game..... nice drive by MD. The Not enough men on line of scrimmage penalty was costly for IMG after long run.... would of been 1st and 10 around MD 20 w few min to go. Instead the penalty backed IMG up and had to settle for fg. IMG had all the momentum and was Grayson’ing the monarchs running down their throat. I probably wouldn’t of even kicked the fg if I’m kevin Wright. That was a mistake and he will be second guessing that call on the flight home. 

I must say .... If I’m a coach of a team traveling from the east to west coast,  I get it written in the contract game starts 530 PST latest.

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Great game..... nice drive by MD. The Not enough men on line of scrimmage penalty was costly for IMG after long run.... would of been 1st and 10 around MD 20 w few min to go. Instead the penalty backed IMG up and had to settle for fg. IMG had all the momentum and was Grayson’ing the monarchs running down their throat. I probably wouldn’t of even kicked the fg if I’m kevin Wright. That was a mistake and he will be second guessing that call on the flight home. 

I must say .... If I’m a coach of a team traveling from the east to west coast,  I get it written in the contract game starts 530 PST latest.

Excuse tread worthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would rather have 4 extra downs with 40 secs for additional desperation throws.  But hey what is a few more extra shots when you can screw up the only 2 you currently have. 

Absolutely, four extra downs and 40 seconds for desperation throws is better than non at all.  With the athletes IMG has, you'd have the possibility of getting lucky. 

11 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

i am a Fan of the Monarchs.  Lets' just say there is something called History.   So what do you do when you get caught.  Stop.  Nope you fix what caused you to get Caught. 😎 Now do you think those kids just all of sudden showed up knocking on that door in Santa Ana.  Lets just say most Brotha's are not Catholic and these Schools revolve around Religion.  We been Good since 1988. 

Image result for wink GIF

Tuition: Catholic: $15,500 Non Catholic: $16,900

February 19, 1988 | TOM HAMILTON, Times Staff Writer
The Southern Section's Executive Committee has found Mater Dei High School guilty of recruiting violations but stopped short of sanctioning the school or penalizing coaches or athletes. In a four-part ruling Thursday, the committee--after a hearing Wednesday in which Dennis Evans, Corona del Mar principal, accused Mater Dei coaches and administrators of using undue influence in recruiting three student-athletes--placed Mater Dei on probation for a year.

11 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

i am a Fan of the Monarchs.  Lets' just say there is something called History.   So what do you do when you get caught.  Stop.  Nope you fix what caused you to get Caught. 😎 Now do you think those kids just all of sudden showed up knocking on that door in Santa Ana.  Lets just say most Brotha's are not Catholic and these Schools revolve around Religion. 

The Southern Section's Executive Committee has found Mater Dei High School guilty of recruiting violations but stopped short of sanctioning the school or penalizing coaches or athletes. In a four-part ruling Thursday, the committee--after a hearing Wednesday in which Dennis Evans, Corona del Mar principal, accused Mater Dei coaches and administrators of using undue influence in recruiting three student-athletes--placed Mater Dei on probation for a year.

Holy crap DD did you just post an article from 30 years ago 😂

• Haha 2

i am a Fan of the Monarchs.  Lets' just say there is something called History.   So what do you do when you get caught.  Stop.  Nope you fix what caused you to get Caught. 😎 Now do you think those kids just all of sudden showed up knocking on that door in Santa Ana.  Lets just say most Brotha's are not Catholic and these Schools revolve around Religion.  We been Good since 1988. 

Question, for those of you in California that know, can a school recruit legally?  Given that players can transfer for athletic reasons,  can a school influence a student athlete or is that still illegal? 

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Holy crap DD did you just post an article from 30 years ago 😂

Bro it was a reference point.  I am all in on the Monarchs.  Remember 1st rule of War get the advantage and use It. 

Let's try another approach. 

How many Amon Ra's are Catholic and willing to fork over 16K to play HS Football? 🤘