(3) Mater Dei defeats (1) IMG 28-24

ATLien12x

It was an awesome game between 2 HS  Teams that should have played for obvious reasons and I am glad the Cali Boys won.  IMG is like the Dream Team of HS Football. So yeah glad they lost.  A California QB, A Texas RB, A kicker from Hungary.  

Hell I was waiting on the Russian Linebacker named TackleChev.  🤣

IMG is the only Team in America where less than 50% of the kids know the words to the National Anthem. 

i feel the Monarch's just won the Under 19 World Championship

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

Absolutely, four extra downs and 40 seconds for desperation throws is better than non at all.  With the athletes IMG has, you'd have the possibility of getting lucky. 

True and with 2 TO's left, they could've had a good chance of breaking a long TD run with the OLine and RB's they have. 

• Like 1

Just now, Coletrain06 said:

True and with 2 TO's left, they could've had a good chance of breaking a long TD run with the OLine and RB's they have. 

Heck yeah they could have!  However, I struggle to believe Mater Dei scored so quickly allowing IMG to even have that chance.  It didn't even seem Mater Dei  let much time run off the clock on that final scoring drive. 

7 minutes ago, State Champ said:

Why the hell not....people from Cali can't remember what party they went to so show some facts in today's news feed...

There’s nothing to show and that’s the point.I mean why stop at 30 years ? Why not 50 or 75 ? I’m sure we could all find something on each other’s states 😂

2 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

Heck yeah they could have!  However, I struggle to believe Mater Dei scored so quickly allowing IMG to even have that chance.  It didn't even seem Mater Dei  let much time run off the clock on that final scoring drive. 

In MD’s defense, they had the IMG DB’s on their heel...had to go for the kill when you could and count on your DB’s being better then their   QB...

• Like 1

Yessir

Hell yeah, tradition rich program.  Maybe you can remind me of a game that took place as part of of the Kirk Herbstreit Ohio vs USA challenge.  The game went into OT between St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) and an Ohio power.  The game went into overtime, I'm thinking three overtimes, with St. Thomas Aquinas winning finally. 

After the game both the Ohio team and STA gathered in the middle of he field for celebration in true sportsmanship fashion.  It was one of the great memories of sportsmanship in sports. 

42 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

If you build it, they will come. Recruiting not necessarily. 

I just wish Texas would quit frontin and play someone 

Who should they quit frontin and play? 

STA, BUFORD, BINGHAM, BTW, JC, WM, HOOVER, PLANT, ROCKHURST, DUTCH FORK, BENTONVILLE, JENKS, UNION, SHILOH, BELLEVUE,  CHAMINADE MADONNA, COCOA, MIRAMAR, VIERA, VENICE, MNW, BTW,  LaSALLE, COLERAIN, TROTWOOD MADISON, HOWLAND, AMAT, WESTLAKE, CA, ST. JOES PREP,  WOODLAND HILLS, PA,  A BUNCH OF DAMN PRIVATES WITH OUR PRIVATES, and Finally DLS.  And one of our 4A Powers even played Alaska big school Champ Anchorage South.  

Do we need to go to Ireland?  Sorry played an Illinois Team in Ireland,  Played a Kansas School and even Went to Arizona with an El Paso team and played one of their top teams a few weeks ago.  Who else do we need to play?

I know this is sorta difficult but we are just fine where we are and who we play

Image result for allen stadium

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

In MD’s defense, they had the IMG DB’s on their heel...had to go for the kill when you could and count on your DB’s being better then their   QB...

That's absolutely true because you take the points everytime.  However, I've seen it too often when the scoring team leaves too much time on the clock allowing the opponent to comeback and win.  It's one of those coaching decisions that make you age years in one night.  

Mater Dei didn't have trouble moving the ball on IMG, outside of penalties that held them  back.  I was thinking Mater Dei would run the clock, forcing IMG to spend their time outs on their way to a score.  Oh, but then if you're forced to kick a field goal to even tie, you could botch the kick, get it blocked or set it back even further due to a penalty.  What a tough decision to make for the coaches. 

Mater Dei's coach had to believe IMG couldn't beat them passing the ball, and with the little time IMG had, they couldn't engage their best offensive power in the running game. 

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

STA, BUFORD, BINGHAM, BTW, JC, WM, HOOVER, PLANT, ROCKHURST, DUTCH FORK, BENTONVILLE, JENKS, UNION, SHILOH, BELLEVUE,  CHAMINADE MADONNA, COCOA, MIRAMAR, VIERA, VENICE, MNW, BTW,  LaSALLE, COLERAIN, TROTWOOD MADISON, HOWLAND, AMAT, WESTLAKE, CA, ST. JOES PREP,  WOODLAND HILLS, PA,  A BUNCH OF DAMN PRIVATES WITH OUR PRIVATES, and Finally DLS.  And one of our 4A Powers even played Alaska big school Champ Anchorage South.  

Do we need to go to Ireland?  Sorry played an Illinois Team in Ireland,  Played a Kansas School and even Went to Arizona with an El Paso team and played one of their top teams a few weeks ago.  Who else do we need to play?

I know this is sorta difficult but we are just fine where we are and who we play

Paaleeaase!!!

24 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I think that's where I break down, in that none of teams Texas schools ever played had 21 or 24 three to five star recruits.  I'm stuck on that because that would be one of the top recruiting classes in college football.  On one team!  It can all be settle though with a game between one of these kinds of teams.  That's the only way to settle it for certain, but I don't see Allen agreeing to playing an IMG, SJB or MD team.  

Just now, Bestcoast said:

Paaleeaase!!!

And for the Hell of it a 6-6 Desoto played IMG.  

Yes please we haven't played anyone. 

Did this not happen.  Did not 2 top programs from the 2 best States not play in the last 3 years.  Or do we just forget it because of the outcome.  Pretty silly to declare Texas don't play anyone.  I would put the list up against anyone.  

THESE 2 STATE POWERHOUSES PLAYED RECENTLY.  REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME IT HAPPENED.  You argument should be why don't Texas Travel around like the other Private driven States.  Because we are not a State of Privates.  No non Privates Travel.  

Image result for trinity vs. dls

24 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

Hell yeah, tradition rich program.  Maybe you can remind me of a game that took place as part of of the Kirk Herbstreit Ohio vs USA challenge.  The game went into OT between St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) and an Ohio power.  The game went into overtime, I'm thinking three overtimes, with St. Thomas Aquinas winning finally. 

After the game both the Ohio team and STA gathered in the middle of he field for celebration in true sportsmanship fashion.  It was one of the great memories of sportsmanship in sports. 

Hmmm

I went to all the Herbstreits; in Columbus the first year, and all of the ones in Cincinnati thereafter. 

STA came in 2008 and played Elder. Elder had 7 turnovers and lost 35-24 ? 

Lakeland came in 2006 and beat St. X in OT 25-22 ?

Independence, NC came in 2007 riding the nation's longest winning streak,  and Elder beat them in OT

Colerain beat Hoover in OT in 2007, and McKeesport in OT in 2008. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

I think that's where I break down, in that none of teams Texas schools ever played had 21 or 24 three to five star recruits.  I'm stuck on that because that would be one of the top recruiting classes in college football.  One one team!  It can all be settle though with a game between one of these kinds of teams.  That's the only way to settle it for certain, but I don't see Allen agreeing to playing an IMG, SJB or MD team.  

And why would Allen seek out a game against either.  Serious question.  I love Texas Football and like those Eagles.  Allen have no reason to try and prove anything.  Texas is open about this others have the problem with it.  I don't claim Texas superior over anyone.  As a matter of fact I give Cali way more Props than they do Texas.  I think the ET thing sticks in their Craw a little too much. Especially the way both of their seasons ended.  That's a little tough to chew.  Like this. 

That ET Game is hard to Chew for my Left Coast Homies.   Amat beat down Aledo that should have helped.  But that's not of equal value so the pain is not equally distributed.  I would feel the same if DLS beat Allen and then went back to Cali and lost. 

Just keep chewing 🤣

Image result for a tough steak gif

Hmmm

I went to all the Herbstreits; in Columbus the first year, and all of the ones in Cincinnati thereafter. 

Lakeland came in 2006 and beat St. X in OT 25-22 ? in OT. 

Independence, NC came in 2007 riding the nation's longest winning streak,  and Elder beat them in OT

That had to have been special memories for sure!  I bet it was the Lakeland game that I'm thinking of.  I listened to the game and the announcers were throttled at how both teams came together after the game at midfield and celebrated together.  Both coaches spoke to each team and it was amazing.  I'd never have expected it at the time, and I still don't see that happening.  I wish I did more often. 

4 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Hmmm

Lakeland came in 2006 and beat St. X in OT 25-22 ?

Colerain is a great program but Hoover is every OOS powers punching Bag.  😎

If you need a pick me up put them Bucs on your ledger home or away they will fold like a dinner napkin. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

And why would Allen seek out a game against either.  Serious question.  I love Texas Football and like those Eagles.  Allen have no reason to try and prove anything.  Texas is open about this others have the problem with it.  I don't claim Texas superior over anyone.  As a matter of fact I give Cali way more Props than they do Texas.  I think the ET thing sticks in their Craw a little too much. Especially the way both of their seasons ended.  That's a little tough to chew.  Like this. 

That ET Game is hard to Chew for my Left Coast Homies.   Amat beat down Aledo that should have helped.  But that's of equal value so the pain is not equally distributed.  I would feel the same if DLS beat Allen and then went back to Cali and lost. 

Just keep chewing 🤣

Image result for a tough steak gif

I'll keep chewing, I'm still teething after all!  ;)

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Colerain is a great program but Hoover is every OOS powers punching Bag.  😎

If you need a pick me up put them Bucs on your ledger home or away they will fold like a dinner napkin. 

Hoover did compete with Allen despite what the score said, the stats where even down the board.  Hoover had a legit defense that year, and it was a good game if you like defense.  The Hoover program has some big B's as they'll play anyone anywhere.