(3) Mater Dei defeats (1) IMG 28-24

ATLien12x

1 minute ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

I'll keep chewing, I'm still teething after all!  ;)

Peace out.  Congrats to the Monarch's for balling Out.  That was a great game by 2 extremely talented teams. 

But no one knows who would win these games between these very elite teams unless they play.  

I damn sure will not say that Allen could not compete or LT or Miami Central or Cent10 or Colquitt. 

I know those are some talented ass Public Schools who have been playing together for many years.  I will assure you that means more than you think.  

CONGRATS MONARCH'S GREAT GAME. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Peace out.  Congrats to the Monarch's for balling Out.  That was a great game by 2 extremely talented teams. 

But no one knows who would win these games between these very elite teams unless they play.  

I damn sure will not say that Allen could not compete or LT or Miami Central or Cent10 or Colquitt.  

I know those are some talented ass Public Schools who have been playing together for many years.  I will assure you that means more than you think.  

CONGRATS MONARCH'S GREAT GAME. 

Hey, I'm just a lowly Lufkin Panther fan! 

"But no one knows who would win these games between these very elite teams unless they play. "

True that!  It's awesome getting to see these matchups though. 

3 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

Hoover did compete with Allen despite what the score said, the stats where even down the board.  Hoover had a legit defense that year, and it was a good game if you like defense.  The Hoover program has some big B's as they'll play anyone anywhere. 

I was there they had a legit defense for about a half and then got dominated.  They even scored 1st in the Endzone facing Mckinney.  And weeks later the Ga. Champ went to Hoover and Spanked them too.  They might be the only team to lose to the Ga and Tx Big School champ in the same year.  You are forgetting that was Allen's 1st game and Hoover had already played.  

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I was there they had a legit defense for about a half and then got dominated.  They even scored 1st in the Endzone facing Mckinney.  And weeks later the Ga. Champ went to Hoover and Spanked them too.  They might be the only team to lose to the Ga and Tx Big School champ in the same year.  You are forgetting that was Allen's 1st game and Hoover had already played.  

That Allen depth though, that hurts everybody they play.  I just want North Shore to beat Allen, not because I don't like Allen, but because I want someone else to win.  Share the wine a little will you!  Stop being so stingy! 

1 minute ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

That Allen depth though, that hurts everybody they play.  I just want North Shore to beat Allen, not because I don't like Allen, but because I want someone else to win.  Share the wine a little will you!  Stop being so stingy! 

True.  Lets discuss on the Texas Thread.  Enough Texas on the Monarchs victory. Don't wanna disrespect that. 

Sorry Cali.  

Just now, DevilDog said:

True.  Lets discuss on the Texas Thread.  Enough Texas on the Monarchs victory. Don't wanna disrespect that. 

Sorry Cali.  

Good call DevilDog. 

Congrats to both the IMG and Mater Dei organizations for giving us this awesome awesome (echo sorry) game!  

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Great game..... nice drive by MD. The Not enough men on line of scrimmage penalty was costly for IMG after long run.... would of been 1st and 10 around MD 20 w few min to go. Instead the penalty backed IMG up and had to settle for fg. IMG had all the momentum and was Grayson’ing the monarchs running down their throat. I probably wouldn’t of even kicked the fg if I’m kevin Wright. That was a mistake and he will be second guessing that call on the flight home. 

I must say .... If I’m a coach of a team traveling from the east to west coast,  I get it written in the contract game starts 530 PST latest.

Just got back from the game and will post some thoughts on it tomorrow... but you are right. It was a bad call to go for the FG. The game should have ended with OT.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I still think SJC gets the nod over Cen10. Their many quality OOS victories would trump Cen10s body of work IMO.  

I like SJC and think they're a Tier One team, but if you're talking MNC, CC would close with 

1. Loser of MD-SJB regular season
  2. Winner of MD-SJB regular season
  3. DLS

Right now, that's #1, #2 and #10

CC would have the SOS edge

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Happiest man in the world right now is Coach Nergo...only Bosco, MD or Cen10 will win a MNC this year now

DLS might have a say if they can pull a major upset in SBG

I think they'd have as good of a shot to beat either SJB or MD as CC (maybe 10% chance each), but CC could more easily fend off an undefeated SJC or TX state champ by having to beat both plus DLS 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

It was an awesome game between 2 HS  Teams that should have played for obvious reasons and I am glad the Cali Boys won.  IMG is like the Dream Team of HS Football. So yeah glad they lost.  A California QB, A Texas RB, A kicker from Hungary.  

Hell I was waiting on the Russian Linebacker named TackleChev.  🤣

IMG is the only Team in America where less than 50% of the kids know the words to the National Anthem. 

i feel the Monarch's just won the Under 19 World Championship

Lol this is great.

And to me it further cemented just how good this MD program is.  Not much to celebrate when you always as the most talented team on the field - that wasn't the case here.  Even though you could argue it was an even game, IMG was getting their yards through straight line up and smash mouth with ease (and not much of a passing game threat)   MD really had to dig deep and pull out all the stops as a team - and most impt do it when it mattered on a 2 minute drill which there is no was in hell IMG could replicate.  Huge respect to MD - I think a true #1 team in the country (which is usually very hard to gauge)

I thought #6 (the TB) for IMG was the best player (or at least athlete) on the field.  He could just turn it up to a different level.  Most impressive thing I saw was the way he hawked a defensive player on an interception - the kid that madd the pick looked off to the races and #6 looked to be show out of a damn cannon & just yanked him.  If he has the right head & mindset I would expect good things at the next level.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

Losing 28-24 when gm ended after 1am east coast time for IMG across country is nothing to be ashamed of.. they had 2 guys ejected as well which one was starting MLB.. if gm was in Florida IMG prob wins if they played 10 times prob a split or close to it.

I passed out by halftime... Its just too damn late to be playing a football game if you live on the East Coast.

Bottom line right there.

I tried to make the point before the game that MD's  team gameplay  and execution would pull it out in the thread where people were suggesting  IMG wouldn't be ready for the MD's hitting, etc.  - that had zero to do with it and I actually didn't see anything from that perspective that impressed me.  It was MD who wasn't ready for some of the raw that they saw and haven't experienced yet.  Again, that takes nothing away from them because IMG is recruited nonsense from all over the place.  

I have noticed people tend to act like MD is the '85 Bears though.   After  I watched tape for the first time my thoughts were - really good, balanced & well coached team who might be the best we ever watched"  I took flak because I wouldn't agree to them being the indisputable best hands down no questions asked.  

My bottom line is I've seen better individual offenses and better individual defenses but on separate teams .....I can't say I've seen a better combo on both so I would have to say they're probably the best I've seen but that sure as hell doesn't mean they couldn't have taken an L vs other top teams over the years.....in other words there he best but not by the spread some of the guys in here try to make them out to be  IMO (no fault to them as they have a right to their opinion)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

Losing 28-24 when gm ended after 1am east coast time for IMG across country is nothing to be ashamed of.. they had 2 guys ejected as well which one was starting MLB.. if gm was in Florida IMG prob wins if they played 10 times prob a split or close to it.

Bottom line right there.

I tried to make the point before the game that MD's  team gameplay  and execution would pull it out in the thread where people were suggesting  IMG wouldn't be ready for the MD's hitting, etc.  - that had zero to do with it and I actually didn't see anything from that perspective that impressed me.  It was MD who wasn't ready for some of the raw that they saw and haven't experienced yet.  Again, that takes nothing away from them because IMG is recruited nonsense from all over the place.  

I have noticed people tend to act like MD is the '85 Bears though.   After  I watched tape for the first time my thoughts were - really good, balanced & well coached team who might be the best we ever watched"  I took flak because I wouldn't agree to them being the indisputable best hands down no questions asked.  

My bottom line is I've seen better individual offenses and better individual defenses but on separate teams .....I can't say I've seen a better combo on both so I would have to say they're probably the best I've seen but that sure as hell doesn't mean they couldn't have taken an L vs other top teams over the years.....in other words there he best but not by the spread some of the guys in here try to make them out to be  IMO (no fault to them as they have a right to their opinion)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

34 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I passed out by halftime... Its just too damn late to be playing a football game if you live on the East Coast.

Take it to the excuse thread gents

@GardenStateBaller has been whining, er, championing that point fornsome time now 

these boys are going to have to get used to it since they’ll all playbon saturdays and/ or Sunday’s where that particular complaint would be made never by anyone  with one iota of self respect 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pops said:

DLS might have a say if they can pull a major upset in SBG

Pops,

You forgot to write ‘major upset ‘ in all caps and 70 point font  size...Glad our boys are through with all W’s at this point, as I wasn’t so sure they would be both before and during  the season so far.

But Three Stripes put on a BIG BOY drive at the last, last night...

• Haha 2