(3) Mater Dei defeats (1) IMG 28-24

ATLien12x

On 9/21/2018 at 9:34 PM, ThunderRam said:

Double toss reverse pass. Wonderfully executed play there.

Just wanted to give everyone some insight into MD's playbook. the "Double-Reverse Flea-Flicker" is called "FoHigh" at MD (Fontana High used it on Rollo in 1989). Rollo calls that play in almost every big game he is in. Here at 5:52 mark you can see MD run it in the 1991 CIF SS D1 Championship.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/177301068

in that pay the post was open.

in 1999 the post was covered so the ball went to the running back (3:44 mark)

https://player.vimeo.com/video/177301079

Friday was the best i have ever seen it run in the 20+ years i have been watching MD football

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Just wanted to give everyone some insight into MD's playbook. the "Double-Reverse Flea-Flicker" is called "FoHigh" at MD (Fontana High used it on Rollo in 1989). Rollo calls that play in almost every big game he is in. Here at 5:52 mark you can see MD run it in the 1991 CIF SS D1 Championship.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/177301068

in that pay the post was open.

in 1999 the post was covered so the ball went to the running back (3:44 mark)

https://player.vimeo.com/video/177301079

Friday was the best i have ever seen it run in the 20+ years i have been watching MD football

Memories! When that play was run against IMG I immediately flashed back to 91. The first time I recall Money calling the double reverse flea flicker was against Loyola in the playoffs which got them to the finals in 91. Difference was it went to the tight end Knuff instead of the RB coming out of the backfield. They avenged their only loss that year. God how I loved watching Blanton fling it! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Memories! When that play was run against IMG I immediately flashed back to 91. The first time I recall Money calling the double reverse flea flicker was against Loyola in the playoffs which got them to the finals in 91. Difference was it went to the tight end Knuff instead of the RB coming out of the backfield. They avenged their only loss that year. God how I loved watching Blanton fling it! 

when the play started and bryce walked backwards after the hand off i jumped up and screamed "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHIGH!!!!"

wife was not happy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2018 at 5:48 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

There's really only 5 teams in Cali I like & respect:

SJB 

LBP 

Cen10 

BG 

DLS 

While IM not fond of the others I'm about to list I do respect them:

Folsom 

MD 

Narbonne 

Oaks Christmas

I see @Las Vegas_JC is still butt hurt over the realization, nobody talks about BG anymore.  Hey, y'all had a good 3 year run on the national spotlight.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  

18 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Has the top two teams in California ALWAYS been on another level? Or has it just been since Negro got to SJB and Rollinson just said fuck it bring in all the 4-5 star guys we can get?  

If you consider DLS for much of the past 30+ past years there has usually been other good teams like MD, Poly,  Bosco, SJB more recently. But In the past few years I have never seen such a disparity between the top 2 teams and the rest. With the exception of Centennial nobody else in the state could hang with Bosco and MD. And we are talking some very good teams here like DLS, Folsom, Mission, Oaks that don’t stand a chance in hell against them.

Just now, Bodysurf said:

If you consider DLS for much of the past 30+ past years there has usually been other good teams like MD, Poly,  Bosco, SJB more recently. But In the past few years I have never seen such a disparity between the top 2 teams and the rest. With the exception of Centennial nobody else in the state could hang with Bosco and MD. And we are talking some very good teams here like DLS, Folsom, Mission, Oaks that don’t stand a chance in hell against them.

Agree with this. The hoarding of talent between MD and SJB has weakened the other schools. I don’t think CC will stay within 2-3 tds  of either though this season. & DLS will lose by 3-4 tds in the open game. 

If you look at the BG/DLS game and the Spartans were home while MD pounded BG in Vegas.... pretty scary in terms of difference in final outcome. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

If you look at the BG/DLS game and the Spartans were home while MD pounded BG in Vegas.... pretty scary in terms of difference in final outcome. 

I think last year knowing that they would be traveling to Vegas on the back end of a one and one, Rollinson held back a little.  This year, no need to hold back so it was a statement game.

14 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Agree with this. The hoarding of talent between MD and SJB has weakened the other schools. I don’t think CC will stay within 2-3 tds  of either though this season. & DLS will lose by 3-4 tds in the open game. 

DLS needs to get back to recruiting the best from Norcal. How did players like Jonah Williams and Najee Harris not attend DLS? NO ONE in Northern Cali is beating DLS but DLS won't be the best in Cali until they start recruiting the best of the best.

19 minutes ago, Kalven said:

DLS needs to get back to recruiting the best from Norcal. How did players like Jonah Williams and Najee Harris not attend DLS? NO ONE in Northern Cali is beating DLS but DLS won't be the best in Cali until they start recruiting the best of the best.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that would make a difference. The pool of talent that teams in the southern section can draw from is MUCH bigger. Even with their gimmicks, I don't see DLS being able to make up for the talent gap if we continue down the path we're currently on. I honestly think that their best hope for winning another state title would be for the CIF to restructure the playoffs/bowls.

I suppose the other scenario is to hope for a team like Cen10 to play spoiler and the Spartans end up with a favorable matchup although I think the likelihood of that will continue to become increasingly unlikely.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, dntn31 said:

This is exactly what happened to Cen10 in that 50-49 game 2 years ago. IMG literally allowed Cen10 to score (defense parted like the red sea) with about a minute left then turned around, drove down the field and won the game. I was having serious flashbacks last night.

Wow, that's insanity!  Thanks for that post!

When you've got an offense like Mater Dei, and the defense has also got an equally good Offense, it would be hard for to not want to leave little time on a scoring drive.  And Mater Dei made it look easy on that game winning drive too.   

16 minutes ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

Wow, that's insanity!  Thanks for that post!

When you've got an offense like Mater Dei, and the defense has also got an equally good Offense, it would be hard for to not want to leave little time on a scoring drive.  And Mater Dei made it look easy on that game winning drive too.   

Bryce Mother $&?!ing Young