OT-Savants and Geniuses

AztecPadre

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

good stuff

but

My thought as to improving/accessing my memory? 

I would not put in the effort as we live in the infornmation age.

We are much freer to maximize our minds reasoning abilities rather than making oneself a library of knowledge. 

Existing knowledge is soooooo accessible. Let's use out brains to create.  

I find this a big problem in out academic approaches. We prefer people who have digested and retained much fact over people who can reason. 

I respect others that disagree.  Obviously you have read enough of my posts to know I think much different than most. O.o

You think just like many others, in that you think you are so unique in thought , it makes you smarter/better than everyone else.

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

For the most part we tend to think alike. 

my sympathies! 

With that said id still like to work on my memory being that it's a useful skill in my career.

a practical consideration you say? Then you would be remiss to not. 

Situation will always dictate.

Two differant ansewers for the same question can both be correct depending on circumstance.

My answer was more philosophical, in macro, generalized for the species as a whole. 

15 minutes ago, noonereal said:

good stuff

but

My thought as to improving/accessing my memory? 

I would not put in the effort as we live in the infornmation age.

We are much freer to maximize our minds reasoning abilities rather than making oneself a library of knowledge. 

Existing knowledge is soooooo accessible. Let's use out brains to create.  

I find this a big problem in out academic approaches. We prefer people who have digested and retained much fact over people who can reason. 

I respect others that disagree.  Obviously you have read enough of my posts to know I think much different than most. O.o

I think that you are correct for certain things. Our new brains are carried on our sides, in a pocket or a case. They are helpful but to use them we still only created another road block or circuit in our minds. This circuit now is the "google it" circuit, which I find myself doing often these days. The thing is, once I googled it, then next time this question arises, the answer is found in my filing cabinet, if I found it useful information at that time. 

I use the instant replay technique and my own version of the memory house technique that Delaney described in his book. If i read something once, or see it once, I may or may not remember it tomorrow, depending on immediate decisions on how important it may be in my own mind. If I think this could be important later, I re-read it or walk back by it again to see it better. That pretty much locks it in so I won't easily forget it. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think that you are correct for certain things. Our new brains are carried on our sides, in a pocket or a case. They are helpful but to use them we still only created another road block or circuit in our minds. This circuit now is the "google it" circuit, which I find myself doing often these days. The thing is, once I googled it, then next time this question arises, the answer is found in my filing cabinet, if I found it useful information at that time. 

I use the instant replay technique and my own version of the memory house technique that Delaney described in his book. If i read something once, or see it once, I may or may not remember it tomorrow, depending on immediate decisions on how important it may be in my own mind. If I think this could be important later, I re-read it or walk back by it again to see it better. That pretty much locks it in so I won't easily forget it. 

Obviously I am out of likes, I am always out of likes

This likes governor is as stupid as Peanut T. Pumpkin's posts.

Clue PrepGridiron, the more you read and post, the more likes you use.  Mr Part Time Poster never runs our because he is not engaged enough too, not that his likes are weightier.  

The logic some people come up with is positively startling. 

Other things found in the book are kind of like "duh" stuff, rehashed with some psychic twist placed on it. Like when going to interview for a new job, we should exude confidence and make solid eye contact etc. Of course for some people, making eye contact is difficult. There is lots of useful information in that book if you can cut through the occult type stuff that is in there. I assume that the occult side of it is more to give people new avenues of making up circuits in their minds as they have already learned "limitations" from the standard learning institutions. 

Other things found in the book are kind of like "duh" stuff, rehashed with some psychic twist placed on it. Like when going to interview for a new job, we should exude confidence and make solid eye contact etc. Of course for some people, making eye contact is difficult. There is lots of useful information in that book if you can cut through the occult type stuff that is in there. I assume that the occult side of it is more to give people new avenues of making up circuits in their minds as they have already learned "limitations" from the standard learning institutions. 

Good stuff, anything that makes one think instead of entertained. 

I have a book for you. Nothing to do with his stuff. 

Psychology. (of course, right? lol)

It was written by Wilhelm Reich, a great  psychoanalyst of the 20th century. 

It's long been... well, maybe my favorite book of all time. 

It's particular valuable to read now as he deals with mass psychology, how Hitler won control of the populous. 

Wilhelm Reich himself is an extremely interesting guy. 

Listen Little Man

Listen, Little Man! is a great physician's quiet talk to each one of us, the average human being, the Little Man. Written in 1946 in answer to the gossip and defamation that plagued his remarkable career, it tells how Reich watched, at first naively, then with amazement, and finally with horror, at what the Little Man does to himself; how he suffers and rebels; how he esteems his enemies and murders his friends; how, wherever he gains power as a "representative of the people," he misuses this power and makes it crueler than the power it has supplanted.

Reich asks us to look honestly at ourselves and to assume responsibility for our lives and for the great untapped potential that lies in the depth of human nature.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Good stuff, anything that makes one think instead of entertained. 

I have a book for you. Nothing to do with his stuff. 

Psychology. (of course, right? lol)

It was written by Wilhelm Reich, a great  psychoanalyst of the 20th century. 

It's long been... well, maybe my favorite book of all time. 

It's particular valuable to read now as he deals with mass psychology, how Hitler won control of the populous. 

Wilhelm Reich himself is an extremely interesting guy. 

Listen Little Man

I watch the president(s) speak through the years and always thought they read this book that I have been discussing. Or the one that you just mentioned. The ability to control people with power of suggestion etc. Take for instance the continued "fake news" drum that the president beats. After a while that settles in and people will automatically make that connection. News = Fake, after all, an important person said so,

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I watch the president(s) speak through the years and always thought they read this book that I have been discussing. Or the one that you just mentioned. The ability to control people with power of suggestion etc. Take for instance the continued "fake news" drum that the president beats. After a while that settles in and people will automatically make that connection. News = Fake, after all, an important person said so,

Bingo! He is changing realities. 

This is very very concerning and so far, I have heard little about it. 

The problem is, comparing him to Hitler is prohibited if you are to be taken seriously but it's Adolph's template he is using.

----------------------

another thing

How can no one notice he is buddies with everyone that has a gun. All the wing nuts, police and military. Every General he can find he puts in his circle. 

The shooting and killing of the Indian guys two days ago may well be the norm. Trump certainly played a factor. 

I have been very open to Trump's policies simple because he won fair and square. But right now, he is redefining reality to many. As it's what they want to believe, it's not hard to do. 

jerk.PNG

Just now, noonereal said:

He does not delineate on this first page but this is really referencing our subconscious. 

Our conscience mind does very little comparatively. 

You have to learn to access the subconscious with little or no effort. He explains ways to create pathways to do so, which then brings portions of our subconscious to be conscious. For instance, after you have lived in your house for a while, you can almost park in the drive or garage, place a blindfold on before exiting your car and enter your house without seeing the way. You learned the path to the door, which key it is on your key ring etc,. through time, without really placing a ton of effort on remembering these things. It was learned through doing it repetitively. All Delaney says is, imagine that your memory is accessible that same way. Create a pathway just like the one from your car to the front door, and then you already know the shape of the key. Put it in and turn the lock, go inside and maybe you have most trivial information stored in the mud room. Then, other stuff stored in various places throughout the house. 

Seems silly... or does it?

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You have to learn to access the subconscious with little or no effort. He explains ways to create pathways to do so, which then brings portions of our subconscious to be conscious. For instance, after you have lived in your house for a while, you can almost park in the drive or garage, place a blindfold on before exiting your car and enter your house without seeing the way. You learned the path to the door, which key it is on your key ring etc,.

Don't know if the blindfold thing is right for me.... lol

This particular house I have been entering over 50 years and it still takes 3 tries before I get the right key! No kidding, it's a running joke around here how I can't seem to get into my own home. 

through time, without really placing a ton of effort on remembering these things. It was learned through doing it repetitively. All Delaney says is, imagine that your memory is accessible that same way. Create a pathway just like the one from your car to the front door, and then you already know the shape of the key. Put it in and turn the lock, go inside and maybe you have most trivial information stored in the mud room. Then, other stuff stored in various places throughout the house. 

it's not. The repetitive action memory is achieved by a build up of myelin. That does not appear to be how subconscious memories are revealed.... or is it? If so, then it will take constant accessing to achieve. This is not possible because each pathway (each memory) would need it's own pathway. (thinking out loud) 

If you go to the same subconscious memory OK, could work. Or the same 10, 20 or 100. Like the interior of a house. You get more memories a day into your sub-conscience than this. 

My thought, you can do as the author suggests but it would be very limited and you'd need to weigh the effort result to see if it's advantageous. SJR04 may well benefit as he suggested. 

not silly, possibly limited in practical use? 

• Like 1

I think we got a little off-topic, but, not too far. Maybe we are dreaming that it's possible for average people to move closer to being geniuses or savants. I think that neuroscience has more or less made the connection that there are strong neuro-pathways open to savants and geniuses that aren't open for the rest of us. If that's true, then why can't we open those pathways for our own self? Maybe we can with the correct key. 

Cool topic. Dammit, y'all gonna send me off to reading a ton of stuff again! >:( 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Don't know if the blindfold thing is right for me.... lol

This particular house I have been entering over 50 years and it still takes 3 tries before I get the right key! No kidding, it's a running joke around here how I can't seem to get into my own home. 

it's not. The repetitive action memory is achieved by a build up of myelin. That does not appear to be how subconscious memories are revealed.... or is it? If so, then it will take constant accessing to achieve. This is not possible because each pathway (each memory) would need it's own pathway. (thinking out loud) 

If you go to the same subconscious memory OK, could work. Or the same 10, 20 or 100. Like the interior of a house. You get more memories a day into your sub-conscience than this. 

My thought, you can do as the author suggests but it would be very limited and you'd need to weigh the effort result to see if it's advantageous. SJR04 may well benefit as he suggested. 

Create a pathway for each memory. I put PrepGridiron.com stuff in the top left drawer of the desk in the study. It's just a little drawer, but when I need to remember something that Los or NOR or ECHS said once, I go to the study, open the little drawer at the top left of the desk and flip through there. It's almost always in there. Almost. Sometimes it's not exact, but the meaning that I perceived from it is there. 

Also, your subconscious is constantly accessed leaving your conscience brain free to process not ordinary matters that arise. 

An example. 

Why you come to NYC you will feel overwhelmed. 

Why? So much is going on as you walk down a street that is new. 

5 lanes of city traffic, bikes, people, buildings, smells.... 

Your conscious brain needs to process all this. hence your feeling of being overwhelmed.

After enough exposures to this environment your conscience mind is freed up as your  sub conscience mind navigates you through. Your conscience mind will only be alerted when something is not in it's place, something is not ordinary. 

You no longer feel anxious in NYC as a result. 

Create a pathway for each memory. I put PrepGridiron.com stuff in the top left drawer of the desk in the study. It's just a little drawer, but when I need to remember something that Los or NOR or ECHS said once, I go to the study, open the little drawer at the top left of the desk and flip through there. It's almost always in there. Almost. Sometimes it's not exact, but the meaning that I perceived from it is there. 

My top draw is a mess. Obviously!

Oh and yeah, I am still out of likes.

But if you want that quick access each memory requires it's own pathway. Otherwise you create a pathway to the draw but then spend half the day looking around in the draw. 

Maybe...

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

My top draw is a mess. Obviously!

Oh and yeah, I am still out of likes.

But if you want that quick access each memory requires it's own pathway. Otherwise you create a pathway to the draw but then spend half the day looking around in the draw. 

Maybe...

Maybe you file it in there kind of like a card catalog. Then your flipping through is contained to only the ECHS 000.0001 to ECHS 337.1234 and counting... xD

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think we got a little off-topic, but, not too far. Maybe we are dreaming that it's possible for average people to move closer to being geniuses or savants. I think that neuroscience has more or less made the connection that there are strong neuro-pathways open to savants and geniuses that aren't open for the rest of us. If that's true, then why can't we open those pathways for our own self? Maybe we can with the correct key. 

Cool topic. Dammit, y'all gonna send me off to reading a ton of stuff again! >:( 

This is a good example of how each person reacts slightly different to the same stimuli. 

This is gonna send me off for a six pack!

----------------------------------

Have you read much about geniuses? 

prodigies? 

Seems they tend to be the beneficiaries of an increased myelin sheath.

This is achieved through repetitive concentrated activity.  

No wild metaphysical or supernatural events seem to be taking place. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

This is a good example of how each person reacts slightly different to the same stimuli. 

This is gonna send me off for a six pack!

----------------------------------

Have you read much about geniuses? 

prodigies? 

Seems they tend to be the beneficiaries of an increased myelin sheath.

This is achieved through repetitive concentrated activity.  

No wild metaphysical or supernatural events seem to be taking place. 

However trying to explain to someone that they should increase the oil on their myelin sheath rings on deaf ears, when you can easier get them to do so by introducing it to them from a mythical/supernatural viewpoint. 

??? 

Fake News!

xD