What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t think this is their year.  Their OL/DL play is not as strong and that would be disastrous vs Allen or NS.  

That's certainly what it's looking like.  However, they've had a damn good run the past years. 

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Longview up 50-3 on a terrible Horn squad in the 4th (9:00 left).....pretty sure Longview goes undefeated in the regular season.

How do you think they are going to do in the playoffs?  I happen to think that if an injured Lufkin team competed with them, they don't have chance in 6A.  Of course that was the very first game of the season so that's forgivable. 

I hope they do well!  I'm one of the odds out there, Longview and Lufkin are my two favorites even though they are rivals and I live near Lufkin. 

Just now, DevilDog said:

Allen is a Beast.  I really don't think anyone in the State can stand up to them.  Physical, big and deep.   Plano East is improved.  Allen will beat many by 30+.  Newton up 61-0 over Kountze in the 3rd.  

How do you think they compare to North Shore? 

Just now, xXZexxMooreXx said:

How do you think they compare to North Shore? 

I haven't seen NS in person.  I can tell you that IMO this is one of the better Allen Teams.  There really are no weaknesses with this group.  I heard that NS is a heckuva team as well.  I am not one that bought into the LT wanting so bad to get at Allen.  It will take a physical team that can pound with them.  ET and NS types I think will have the best chance against them.  

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Allen is a Beast.  I really don't think anyone in the State can stand up to them.  Physical, big and deep.   Plano East is improved.  Allen will beat many by 30+.  Newton up 61-0 over Kountze in the 3rd.  

I forgot about duncanville, how do you think they match up with Allen? 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I haven't seen NS in person.  I can tell you that IMO this is one of the better Allen Teams.  There really are no weaknesses with this group.  I heard that NS is a heckuva team as well.  I am not one that bought into the LT wanting so bad to get at Allen.  It will take a physical team that can pound with them.  ET and NS types I think will have the best chance against them.   

Wouldn't that include a Longview?  I don't see Longview competing against Allen or North Shore. 

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I forgot about duncanville, how do you think they match up with Allen? 

Damn I forgot about them too.  I think they are a very good team.  I also think Skyline is not.  I don't think D'ville would stay within 10 - 14 pt's of Allen.  They would need to get a big lead and then play keep away.  In my opinion it will take a physical athletic group to beat them.  I really wanted to see East play them with those athletes so that I could judge a much more athletic Dville against them.  Allen is very impressive.  That Defense is big and Physical.   They would force Dville into having to drive the field.  I don't know if they have the offense or temperament for that.   It would be a good one though.  

• Like 1