What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Whose ya Darkhorse this year?

We talking true darkhorses? Whom no one will have near their top 10?

Katy Tompkins - It's truly baffling how no one is talking about this squad. Maybe because they're being blocked by the giant that is Katy? I guess...but Tompkins was a 3rd round team last year that should have beaten West Brook. They return nearly all of the firepower/top end talent from that team. Most of which is major FBS talent. And the holes they do have will be filled with good talent from good subvarsity teams. I'm not saying Guyer doesn't deserve the attention they're getting...but Tompkins has just as good of a resume going into this year and no one is talking about em. 

Arlington - Arlington really looks like they will be the "Haltom" of the year in Region 1. Jahari Rogers is no joke at QB and that offense as a whole is going to be good. Everything depends on how well their defense does. DCTF says they have 6 back on defense, but only 2 (DL Stokes and CB Tobias) were full times starters. The other 4 were either part time starters or returning from injury. 

Hebron - You already explained them well, so no need for a paragraph. They're gaining momentum on my top 30 list.

SA Brandies - hard to take a San Antonio team seriously yearly, but Brandeis does return a squad. They went 11-3 in 2018. Battles was a record breaking QB for them as a sophomore. I counted 13 returning starters, DCTF says 15. Regardless, that's a good amount back from a successful team. The coaches son, Frank Wilson IV is a baller on defense and came up in Louisiana. 

Beaumont West Brook - I get it, they played for a ship last year. But I feel like people are automatically putting Westlake in the finals already, not giving West Brook a chance because of what they loss. Those boys in East Beaumont are reloading and everything I've seen and heard from them in the spring suggest they shouldn't be taken lightly. They may be losing a 3 year starter in Elia at QB, but they're replacing him with 2022 Bryce Anderson who is already getting offers from every school out there. They've also received a few transfers that'll contribute. 

Desoto - You have to include the Eagles in this conversation. Under Mike Robinson, that program took a nose dive on and off the field and I think people are forgetting how good Desoto can be. Now Claude Mathis is back and it's only a matter of time before they're a problem again. They're already getting the move ins, such as 3* OL Armaj Adams Reed from Mesquite Horn. 

53 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

We talking true darkhorses? Whom no one will have near their top 10?

Katy Tompkins - It's truly baffling how no one is talking about this squad. Maybe because they're being blocked by the giant that is Katy? I guess...but Tompkins was a 3rd round team last year that should have beaten West Brook. They return nearly all of the firepower/top end talent from that team. Most of which is major FBS talent. And the holes they do have will be filled with good talent from good subvarsity teams. I'm not saying Guyer doesn't deserve the attention they're getting...but Tompkins has just as good of a resume going into this year and no one is talking about em. 

Arlington - Arlington really looks like they will be the "Haltom" of the year in Region 1. Jahari Rogers is no joke at QB and that offense as a whole is going to be good. Everything depends on how well their defense does. DCTF says they have 6 back on defense, but only 2 (DL Stokes and CB Tobias) were full times starters. The other 4 were either part time starters or returning from injury. 

Hebron - You already explained them well, so no need for a paragraph. They're gaining momentum on my top 30 list.

SA Brandies - hard to take a San Antonio team seriously yearly, but Brandeis does return a squad. They went 11-3 in 2018. Battles was a record breaking QB for them as a sophomore. I counted 13 returning starters, DCTF says 15. Regardless, that's a good amount back from a successful team. The coaches son, Frank Wilson IV is a baller on defense and came up in Louisiana. 

Beaumont West Brook - I get it, they played for a ship last year. But I feel like people are automatically putting Westlake in the finals already, not giving West Brook a chance because of what they loss. Those boys in East Beaumont are reloading and everything I've seen and heard from them in the spring suggest they shouldn't be taken lightly. They may be losing a 3 year starter in Elia at QB, but they're replacing him with 2022 Bryce Anderson who is already getting offers from every school out there. They've also received a few transfers that'll contribute. 

Desoto - You have to include the Eagles in this conversation. Under Mike Robinson, that program took a nose dive on and off the field and I think people are forgetting how good Desoto can be. Now Claude Mathis is back and it's only a matter of time before they're a problem again. They're already getting the move ins, such as 3* OL Armaj Adams Reed from Mesquite Horn. 

No O'Conner for San Antonio darkhorse?

Just now, Frosty4024 said:

No O'Conner for San Antonio darkhorse?

Eh. You're digging pretty deep if we count them as a darkhorse. lol

I'd have to bring up teams like Mesquite in that regard.

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

I didn't realize Woodlands has 8 returning on both sides of the ball.  Same as Smithson Valley.

Atascocita don't count...A Top 10 team can't be a darkhorse. 😁

Alright no atascocita.   The woodlands has already been highlighted.  With the transfer of 4**** WR Theodore Knox and Janacek from lake travis they will be loaded on offense.  Could be a contender in 6AD1R2

Smithson valley returns 8/8.  May not be a statewide power but may be able to make some noise in region 4.  

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I also like woodlands and atascocita.  I’ll do a quick write up on each later as soon as my phone and IPad recharge.   😊

Here we go again with Atrociousita.  Never heard of them.  Not playing OOS or (other than Katy) even relevant Texas programs.  Will fade in the playoffs.

Circle back to me Sept. 7.  Thanks

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Here we go again with Atrociousita.  Never heard of them.  Not playing OOS or (other than Katy) even relevant Texas programs.  Will fade in the playoffs.

Circle back to me Sept. 7.  Thanks

Will you kindly STFU about TX and teams you don’t know?  You and that clown Los thought Cita was a joke and I said they’d be preseason top 10 in TX. ..They are.   

6AD1R3 is pretty solid with: NS, Katy, Cita and Cy fair.  So of course Cita could fade in the playoffs facing these teams. 

You come here to learn not direct us what to talk about in a “what up TX thread”.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Will you kindly STFU about TX and teams you don’t know?  You and that clown Los thought Cita was a joke and I said they’d be preseason top 10 in TX. ..They are.   

You come here to learn not direct us what to talk about in a “what up TX thread”.  stay in your lane! 

Sorry but this is a National Board.  This is my lane.   How did the Jeff Fisher interview go for you guys?

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Sorry but this is a National Board.  This is my lane.   How did the Jeff Fisher interview go for you guys?

All you do you run around with your multiple personalities talking shit.  It’s annoying as hell

i don’t give a crap about these interviews.  GSB leads that bs and he’s a prick.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Just tryna keep the convo going 

More often than not, I may end up being right.

DLS will take a knee on ET.  More often than not you're wrong.  😎 They took both knees including that epic dragging of that 7th grader trying to tackle a Tongan on the INT.  Iconic picture of lil Cali dude getting dragged by big Tx Kid.  

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

DLS will take a knee on ET.  More often than not you're wrong.  😎 They took both knees including that epic dragging of that 7th grader trying to tackle a Tongan on they INT.  Iconic picture of lil Cali dude getting dragged by big Tx Kid.  

I missed on DLS but they did roll for 400+ yards of offense.

just wasn’t expecting them to try a stupid truck play that cost the game.  Can’t predict stupid 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I missed on DLS but they did roll for 400+ yards of offense.

just wasn’t expecting them to try a stupid truck play that cost the game.  Can’t predict stupid 

And about 160 of that was on 2 dynamic plays.  That was a great game in all honesty

• Like 1

@BUFORDGAWOLVES @Horsefly @Texasball.  I have had a wonderful week here in Alpharetta, Ga.  Been a busy one but very rewarding.  Got over to Milton HS and impressive, great stadium as well.  Also saw Cambridge HS reminds me alot of McKinney Boyd.  But the best was meeting up with @BUFORDGAWOLVES. Great guy treated me to some very good BBQ talked some Texas and Jawjaa ball and let him know the 3 of us got him anytime he comes back to Texas.  Again thank you sir and definitely didn't seem like we were strangers.  This area is amazing with great people.  I've been spoiled for a week.  These people are so nice I wanted to hug UGA and tell him I'm sorry Bevo went Loco on him.  🤘

Thanks again sir for the Bbq and your hospitality.  Can't wait to reciprocate.

Enjoyed some very good Brisket in Jawjaa

20190725_191345.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES @Horsefly @Texasball.  I have had a wonderful week here in Alpharetta, Ga.  Been a busy one but very rewarding.  Got over to Milton HS and impressive, great stadium as well.  Also saw Cambridge HS reminds me alot of McKinney Boyd.  But the best was meeting up with @BUFORDGAWOLVES. Great guy treated me to some very good BBQ talked some Texas and Jawjaa ball and let him know the 3 of us got him anytime he comes back to Texas.  Again thank you sir and definitely didn't seem like we were strangers.  This area is amazing with great people.  I've been spoiled for a week.  These people are so nice I wanted to hug UGA and tell him I'm sorry Bevo went Loco on him.  

Thanks again sir for the que and your hospitality.  Can't wait to reciprocate.

Brisket in Jawjaa

20190725_191345.jpg

Looks good.  What’s the name of the place? 

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES @Horsefly @Texasball.  I have had a wonderful week here in Alpharetta, Ga.  Been a busy one but very rewarding.  Got over to Milton HS and impressive, great stadium as well.  Also saw Cambridge HS reminds me alot of McKinney Boyd.  But the best was meeting up with @BUFORDGAWOLVES. Great guy treated me to some very good BBQ talked some Texas and Jawjaa ball and let him know the 3 of us got him anytime he comes back to Texas.  Again thank you sir and definitely didn't seem like we were strangers.  This area is amazing with great people.  I've been spoiled for a week.  These people are so nice I wanted to hug UGA and tell him I'm sorry Bevo went Loco on him.  🤘

20190725_191345.jpg

Yeah, gonna hafta to go to Hutchins in McKinney for a good chow.

BGW

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

20190725_191345.jpg

And furthmore, UGA is fine with Bevo expressing himself... UGA said not to worry the Butcher will be by soon.

BGW

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2019 at 6:10 AM, Frosty4024 said:

O'Connor returns 14 from the team that beat Brandies 30-28 last season.

Just sayin'...As I quoted the wrong quote.

(4am at work blues...)

Yeah I know, that's a good point but San Antonio is an area of TXHSFB where a lot of "contradicting" things happen...mainly because most of those schools are such big rivalries toward one another. I'm personally not a big fan of the ABC theory in general. I think it matters but it isn't end all be all especially in the San Antonio area...that's the weirdest area in TX scoring wise every year. Teams always have closer games than they should, then they have blowouts when you least expect it. Example:

I remember in 2018 when O'Connor was about to face Reagan in bidistrict. O'Connor were heavy favorites. Why? Other than the fact that they were undefeated.

Steele beat Reagan 35-30.

O'Connor beat Steele 21-14 IN Cibolo.

Looks like O'Connor was gonna run away with it on the surface. But Reagan ended up blowing them out.

O'Connor beat Brandies but I still think Brandies was the better overall team. I like Reagan to be the 2nd best SA team in 2019 behind Brandeis. Just think Jordan Battles at QB for Brandeis is the difference.

In the 5A D2 world, Marshall has picked up some FBS transfers throughout the offseason and was able to retain FBS QB JJ Green after he was rumored to be leaving out. They just added https://247sports.com/Player/Lyrik-Rawls-46080687/ this week. This was a team that was already returning 16 from 10-3.

Can they beat Aledo? I wouldnt bet on it, but they have the talent.