What up Texas?

DevilDog

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:38 AM, Yard Dart said:

56-14 Katy

Final

Katy is for real this year and best of all for them, is that they  are flying under the radar due to the hype over Duncanville and Northshore.  Lots of football to play but if Katy improves as they typically do through the year, they will be a tough out come playoff time.  No question that Northshore and Duncanville have the edge in talent by a long shot, but Joseph does the best job of anyone in getting the most out of his players.  IMO the most overhyped team in Texas this year is Allen.  They are still reaping the benefits of the Kyler Murray era. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Champa said:

North Shore pulls it out.

North Shore - 24

Westfield - 21

Westfield missed a field goal in, I think, the second quarter. Also had a blocked punt that lead to a NS touchdown.

I listened to this one, NS is banged up a lot, but those kids played with heart,  this was a good win for NS.  Now they can get a bye and heal up.  

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Are they as good as last year?

They're not as good as last year. Not with Evans acting like a bitch. Banks will have to carry the load.

Westfield should be a top 3 team in 6A D2. I swear they have the worst luck, it seems like.

Other scores.

Newton - 20

West Orange - 14

I had WOS winning 21 - 14. so much for that. They do have a very good sophomore running back.

West Brook - 36

Lamar - 34

Also, Beaumont United is now 3 - 0 for the year.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Alarming fact.

Including the game this week against West Mesquite,  Denton Ryan's 1st 3 opponents are a combined 0-9 😱.

When the smoke clears, Guyer will fall off the radar as a serious contender.  I am not buying the Allen koolaid just yet either.  No question in my mind that a healthy NS smokes Allen as would DV and Katy.  DII will boil down to Longview and Westlake (assuming SLC is DI).  DV, NS and Katy are clearly the class of the field in DI at this stage but lots of football to be played.