What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Im happy for them...Sad for the LSC.

Yall think anyone will take their place? Also ut-rgv needs to get a football program. The school is too big and would support the team. The reason they havent is because they think the area is too hispanic lol. The people up north don’t realize how passionate the people in south texas are for football. Its financially feasible  too and there’s a brand new 10k stadium with space for 15k + with expansions within minutes ready for football. A 30k student university that already is d1 without a football team

33 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

Yall think anyone will take their place? Also ut-rgv needs to get a football program. The school is too big and would support the team. The reason they havent is because they think the area is too hispanic lol. The people up north don’t realize how passionate the people in south texas are for football. Its financially feasible  too and there’s a brand new 10k stadium with space for 15k + with expansions within minutes ready for football. A 30k student university that already is d1 without a football team

I would say percentage wise South Texas and the valley pack full their stadiums more so than any other regions in the state.  It’s really cool to see!

3 hours ago, Texasvic said:

I think so eventually....But will it even be a Texas school?

On 10/5/2019 at 12:02 PM, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Lancaster is special this year... can’t wait to see them against HP

That Region 2 in 5A D1...damn.

You could get HP-Lone Star, 3rd round on the upper end of the Region 2 bracket...then Lufkin-Lancaster on the bottom end. Winners of each game faces eachother in quarters the next week. That'll be fun to watch.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:07 AM, Horsefly said:

True.  what happened,  they have players out to injury or something? 

Theyve had injuries but tbh, they're playing awful. Klein Cain? Gotta be kidding me.

Reposting this from the Orange County board.

?

A TL parent sees Texas HSFB live for the first time-observations

Postby daddyooo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:48 pm

On a sales trip last week had the chance to fulfill a major bucket list item-to see live top-level (6A) HSFB in Texas-which I accomplished last Friday. Southlake Carroll vs Guyer (Denton)-two state top 10 teams (both top 50 nationally). Carroll won 46-34

My observations:

1) Carroll is superbly coached. Masters of throw-first spread-receivers all ran perfect routes, QB big time talent with very bright future (sophomore Quinn Ewers).
2) Guyer is very talented, not as well coached (wouldn't say poorly coached though). Definitely won the eyeball test.
3) Couldn't understand why Guyer didn't try to put more pressure on QB. They ran the same 4 man front the entire game, no blitz packages-which gave the QB unlimited time to throw.
4) Stadium was best HSFB stadium I've ever been in. No running track, all the bells/whistles, great parking, concessions, sightlines. Closest thing to it in southern CA is Santa Ana Bowl (Mater Dei's home field)-which needs renovations.
5)The "show" around the game (bands, cheerleaders, etc) is light years ahead of the best in CA. Bands sound like D-1 college bands, not HS bands.

For this audience-don't think either team would bother Bosco/Mater Dei, but would be more than a handful for anyone else. MD equal coaching level to Carroll, but with D-1 talent at every position. Same for Bosco. Having said that-you put the Carroll QB in at either school and you wouldn't miss a beat.
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

?

On a sales trip last week had the chance to fulfill a major bucket list item-to see live top-level (6A) HSFB in Texas-which I accomplished last Friday. Southlake Carroll vs Guyer (Denton)-two state top 10 teams (both top 50 nationally). Carroll won 46-34

My observations:

1) Carroll is superbly coached. Masters of throw-first spread-receivers all ran perfect routes, QB big time talent with very bright future (sophomore Quinn Ewers).
2) Guyer is very talented, not as well coached (wouldn't say poorly coached though). Definitely won the eyeball test.
3) Couldn't understand why Guyer didn't try to put more pressure on QB. They ran the same 4 man front the entire game, no blitz packages-which gave the QB unlimited time to throw.
4) Stadium was best HSFB stadium I've ever been in. No running track, all the bells/whistles, great parking, concessions, sightlines. Closest thing to it in southern CA is Santa Ana Bowl (Mater Dei's home field)-which needs renovations.
5)The "show" around the game (bands, cheerleaders, etc) is light years ahead of the best in CA. Bands sound like D-1 college bands, not HS bands.

For this audience-don't think either team would bother Bosco/Mater Dei, but would be more than a handful for anyone else. MD equal coaching level to Carroll, but with D-1 talent at every position. Same for Bosco. Having said that-you put the Carroll QB in at either school and you wouldn't miss a beat.

I am glad you enjoyed the game. I was at this game too.

I concur that the SLC QB is truly special.  

Under the right conditions SLC will run the ball much more.  They have multiple injuries at RB and played most the night with freshman RB 

I don’t believe either of these teams win state titles, but both have solid teams.

Riley Dodge HFC at SLC has chance to go down as one of the very best in the future.  It’s seems like yesterday I was watching him play HS football.  

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

?

My observations:

Of course...  "I don't think either team would bother Bosco/Mater Dei...  because of the D1 talent at every position."

Ok... wink-wink.

But probably going to catch some flack for saying sophomore Quinn Ewers is just as good as the Mater Dei and SJB QB.

15 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Under the right conditions SLC will run the ball much more.  They have multiple injuries at RB and played most the night with freshman RB 

I don’t believe either of these teams win state titles, but both have solid teams.

Riley Dodge HFC at SLC has chance to go down as one of the very best in the future.  It’s seems like yesterday I was watching him play HS football.  

SLC also played the game without one of the highest rated CB-Mickens (Clemson) in the country.

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

I am not going to say how, but this is more than just a rumor. With that being said nothing is set in stone yet. 

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

OMG if you click on to the above - They are saying the SLC QB is transferring to MD

click on the underlined smaller heading and read.

Of course, it’s the reason the guy made the trip, to check out their next out of state prospect.  MD is hilarious, this will make 3 Texans that have transferred to their program in the past 2-3 years.  😂 

• Haha 2