What up Texas?

DevilDog

I had a customer who called in to paid a bill, he was new to Austin. After talking a while about his bill I asked what he did and where he was from. He was from North Carolina and moved down about 4 months ago.  A young tech in the computer field  but also a volunteer HS football coach. I asked where and he said Westlake, I told him we are going to beat their ass this week and he knew now where I was from. He moved here for the HS football, he loves it, can't believe he is in Tx and the difference between NC & Tx. Told him to check out the Lake Travis weight room, when built it was the biggest in the country that includes Pro's. He plans to do a little lifting before the game

• Like 1

@Texasball  Hey homie we missed this during the relays Saturday.  China Women screwed up big time. 😎

https://www.scmp.com/sport/china/article/3031821/chinas-calamitous-womens-world-championship-4x100m-relay-ends

China’s ‘calamitous’ women’s World Championship 4x100m relay ends in embarrassment after baton handover farce

• First women’s 4x100m final in 22 years ends in tears and disqualification in Doha
  • Despite being praised for going back and finishing the race, team miss out on Olympic spot next summer

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Texasball  Hey homie we missed this during the relays Saturday.  China Women screwed up big time. 😎

https://www.scmp.com/sport/china/article/3031821/chinas-calamitous-womens-world-championship-4x100m-relay-ends

China’s ‘calamitous’ women’s World Championship 4x100m relay ends in embarrassment after baton handover farce

• First women’s 4x100m final in 22 years ends in tears and disqualification in Doha
  • Despite being praised for going back and finishing the race, team miss out on Olympic spot next summer

I did see this lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

What the heck was that?  😂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Any prediction?

I really believe anything can happen in this game after what happened last year (44-14 WL win).

I think LT will win it. Card is playing efficient and the this team feels a little more complete than last year (even though this team lost the opener). What concerns me is the LT OC’s gameplan. Why Carter hired a young guy is beyond me, but I fear he will fail to put them in position to be successful on offense. 

The last two years, it’s been a Westlake home game. Tomorrow’s game is in Lakeway. On top of that, I think the players will be excited and bring it. They want this. 

Westlake’s streak must end tomorrow. 

34-28 LT

2 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I really believe anything can happen in this game after what happened last year (44-14 WL win).

I think LT will win it. Card is playing efficient and the this team feels a little more complete than last year (even though this team lost the opener). What concerns me is the LT OC’s gameplan. Why Carter hired a young guy is beyond me, but I fear he will fail to put them in position to be successful on offense. 

The last two years, it’s been a Westlake home game. Tomorrow’s game is in Lakeway. On top of that, I think the players will be excited and bring it. They want this. 

Westlake’s streak must end tomorrow. 

34-28 LT

The only concern I have for LT is I've seen WL OL/DL and they are very strong, maybe even as strong or stronger than years past.  They may control the LOS again this year.  I hope LT can match their interior strength 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The only concern I have for LT is I've seen WL OL/DL and they are very strong, maybe even as strong or stronger than years past.  They may control the LOS again this year.  I hope LT can match their interior strength 

I hope so. I like the speed of our ends, but who knows. This game is a coin flip.

I sure miss our 2016 team (the last LT team to beat Westlake 😭).

• Like 1

6A
Final

Spring Westfield 27 Aldine Eisenhower 0
Aldine Nimitz 13 DeKaney 42
George Ranch 21 Alief Taylor 13
Clear Creek 35 Alvin 0 4th Quarter

Austin Akins 21 Austin Anderson 26
Brownsville Rivera 14 Brownsville Hanna 35
Cedar Ridge 31 Hendrickson 21
Denton Guyer 30  Timber Creek 0
Weslaco 44 Edinburg Vela 28 Half Time