What up Texas?

DevilDog

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

No Texas Teams compete nationally and Carthage arguably is the Best Football program in the State and they produce their share of big time D1 athletes.  He is tucked away in Beast Texas with an abundance of athletes and one of the highest paid coaches in the State and along with Katy are the Best 2 programs in the State regardless of Class. 

I live here and watch a lot of Texas HS Football educate me on the programs that compete against National Teams.  

Katy, LT, N.S. LV, Aledo,  ET, Carthage, SLC, Allen and DV along with Desoto.   I follow them all and I can't remember any of them playing 2 or more so called National teams in a given Year. 

This is why he is in Carthage and he gets as much respect than any 6A Coach or Team.  His facilities and athletes are as good as most 6A programs.   Beast Texas is special in Football within the State of Texas. 

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/1309018179725

I didn’t mean playing a national schedule. I understand uil controls that. I meant national relevance. Dv katy NS are all in talks for being the best team in the nation. That’s where I was going with that. Respect what’s going on in Carthage. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir here is an example  Gilmer a 4A power vs. Gladewater in a Playoff game a few years back overflowing Lobo Stadium

Gilmer had 2 4* All Americans one of which Chris Boyd #21 is a DB for the Vikings.  Hyped like heck.  bEast Texas Football is special for small schools.  It is know for being physical smash mouth football and produces the best RBs arguably in the State.   The big Full back/NT for Gladewater Mack was a 4* Recruit at A&M and was the Defensive MVP of the Under Armor All American Game.  

Truly impressive 

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I didn’t mean playing a national schedule. I understand uil controls that. I meant national relevance. Dv katy NS are all in talks for being the best team in the nation. That’s where I was going with that. Respect what’s going on in Carthage. 

I am a Mater Dei fan here in Texas.  Retired Marine big supporter of Monarchs for Marines.  So you will never see me in any back and forth concerning them ever.   I love and support Texas HS Football and I think it is 2nd to none for a variety of reasons and I don't mean always having the best team in America.  But from 3A - 6A it's pretty special to us. 

• Like 1

Just now, DevilDog said:

I am a Mater Dei fan here in Texas.  Retired Marine big supporter of Monarchs for Marines.  So you will never see me in any back and forth concerning them ever.  

Major respect from me to you! Appreciate your service sir! Monarchs for Marines is the best part of the program without question. Kids know what an honor it is to wear that patch. 

• Like 1

Here are few examples of Best Texas football mostly not  6A Kids but showing out in big time football 

Roshon Johnson UT Dual Threat QB and being used as a dynamic RB  Port Neches Groves

Keontay Ingram 4* RB Carthage starting RB at UT

Denzel Mims Star WR Daingerfield for undefeated Baylor

Jamycal Hasty Star RB Baylor Longview Lobo

Overshown and Jones Starting DB for Lobos    Arp and Nacogdoches, Tx

Kalon Barnes CB Baylor (Silsbee):  One of the fastest player's in the nation ... member of Baylor track and field team ... all conditions 100 meter personal best of 10.04 during senior year of high school ... won Texas high school 100 and 200 meter titles in both 2017 and 2018 ... nickname is “Boogie” ... moved to corner from wide receiver during 2018 fall camp

How about this the 2 main Stating Stud OT for the Philadelphia Eagles are 2A East Texas Kids 

3A  bEast Texas Offensive Lineman  Lane Johnson (Groveton)  and Jason Peters (Queen City) Texas. I will await 2 better 6A players in the NFL😎 at their position.  Patrick Mahomes 5A Beast Texas QB from Whitehouse as well in th mix as among the best at their positions.

Image result for jason peters and lane johnson

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I am a Mater Dei fan here in Texas.  Retired Marine big supporter of Monarchs for Marines.  So you will never see me in any back and forth concerning them ever.   I love and support Texas HS Football and I think it is 2nd to none for a variety of reasons and I don't mean always having the best team in America.  But from 3A - 6A it's pretty special to us. 

Thx for your service, sir---

Now who replaces BY for MD?  You know they have someone in mind I am to assume.

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Sir here is an example  Gilmer a 4A power vs. Gladewater in a Playoff game a few years back overflowing Lobo Stadium

Gilmer had 2 4* All Americans one of which Kris Boyd #21 is a DB for the Vikings.  Hyped like heck.  bEast Texas Football is special for small schools.  It is know for being physical smash mouth football and produces the best RBs arguably in the State.   The big Full back/NT for Gladewater Mack was a 4* Recruit at A&M and was the Defensive MVP of the Under Armor All American Game.    They packed over 15K into Longview Lobo Stadium 

You will not find faster kids anywhere in the State. 

1st video of the crowd.  2nd video highlights of the game and you will see the intensity. 

Highlights of the Game. 

FYI - Daylon Mack - made the Baltimore Ravens roster after being drafted in the 5th Round.

This Is another Texas kid that Dallas Jackson talked down on because of his height. lol 

15 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yep.  Their fan bases have been sparring back and forth on Twitter.  Hoping they would have played each other this season.  I believe SC will be 6A in the next alignment. 

SC will most definitely be in 6A.

But probably for one alignment with HS #4 opening in about 2 years.

15 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Call it whatever you want big guy. I asked why the best coach in tx wasn’t coaching at a big time 6A school. Forgive me! 🤷‍♂️😂 

He has a pretty good deal going for him at Carthage. You don't see many small school coaches making 90k much less 154,000. No other coach on your level in your class (majority of the best coaches in TX are in 5A/6A), you have more talent most years than any other 4A school statewide, community and school board behind you...he'd be dumb to leave. lol

Now, what I do know is that there's only one other place in Texas that Surratt would leave Carthage for.

Its an ETX 5A/6A with alot of family in the area.

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

If the Houston area growth would stabilize they might be able to develop another power besides Katy and north shore.  

Manvel would have been another power for sure if not for SC.

2 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

He has a pretty good deal going for him at Carthage. You don't see many small school coaches making 90k much less 154,000. No other coach on your level in your class (majority of the best coaches in TX are in 5A/6A), you have more talent most years than any other 4A school statewide, community and school board behind you...he'd be dumb to leave. lol

Now, what I do know is that there's only one other place in Texas that Surratt would leave Carthage for.

Agreed. 155k and full support from the community would keep me put too. Sounds like he has more power than the mayor of the town lol

1 hour ago, WulfTangClan said:

This is just my opinion.  Especially in Texas 3A and 4A coaches are as good and in some cases better than 5A and 6A coaches.  

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

But can you imagine if SC never opened and all those kids remained at Manvel?  

Who knows. Highland park beat them despite being out matched everywhere but qb. Jerry jones grandson pretty much beat a stacked manvel team by himself. Before sc opened. On paper it shouldnt have been close if you looked at the stars and rankings

3 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Who knows. Highland park beat them despite being out matched everywhere but qb. Jerry jones grandson pretty much beat a stacked manvel team by himself. Before sc opened. On paper it shouldnt have been close if you looked at the stars and rankings

SC opened in ‘16 and fielded a team, JV schedule, manvel lost to HP in ‘17, so these current SC kids were already pulled.  Nonetheless,  it has grown significantly, I saw where they will be over 3K by 2020.  

3 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Been a lot of Texas teams over the year beat teams that had more "Stars and Rankings" on the opposite roster.

But..the 2017 Highland Park team was more than QB-John Stephens Jones (Arkansas).  They had about 7 other FBS players on the team and their stud TE #88-Cade Saustand (6-5/210) is an All-American Lacrosse player at the University of Virginia (Pretty good athlete).

Also.. most of the Shadow Creek players were already at Shadow Creek in 2017.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

But can you imagine if SC never opened and all those kids remained at Manvel?  

Don't forget how good Humble use to be before Atascocita opened.

Cinco Ranch was on their way, use to play Katy hard. Then 7 Lakes came along.

Big Ike was decent before Aldine Davis came.

Pearland isn't terrible by any stretch but they would have been elite if not for Dawson. Manvel pulling from them as well.

The biggest one yet may be in Spring ISD. Imagine Westfield without Dekaney opening. That's NS on crack.

21 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

I talked to a close relative of his last night. Id love to one day when Coach King retires, see him in LOBO green!!