1 Quarterfinal appearance

*The rest were either 1st or 2nd round losses

Longview since 2006:

3 Regional appearances

2 Quarterfinal appearances

2 Semifinal appearances

3 State title game appearances

1 state title

* Many of Longview's playoff losses in this stretch came to teams who either won it all or went to the state game

Not understanding the comparison but I guess.

They play each year regardless of class and the games are nip and tuck.  Maybe Lufkin should go back to 6A where they've had their best showings.  2 yrs in 5A a dud.  6A regional finalist.  All I heard is what they would do in 5A

Manvel as well.  Shadow Creek going to move to 6A next year and show out.

It's all 👍

6 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

So Shadow Creek gonna show out in 6A but Longview gonna struggle in 5AD1.

Gotcha.

I said they will not win it.  I never said they would struggle.  Jeesh I didn't say Shadow Creek would Win It either.  They damn sure not going to be dominated.  So you're saying Lobos will win 5AD1.  

We have matchup this year of 6A top 40 vs 5A top 40.  The results are not conclusive.  Including Lobos and Lufkin.  

Coach King know what he's talking about

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Maybe Lufkin should go back to 6A where they've had their best showings. 

They were losing in 1st and 2nd round there as well. As a matter of fact, their worst season since 1995 came in 2013 (5-6)....in top classification. You'll never see them go 5-6 again in 5AD1.

Texas High nor Lone Star had the rosters top to bottom that Lufkin did. Lufkin just under performs yearly and chokes regardless of class. Newsflash, they will probably do it again next year.

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

So you're saying Lobos will win 5AD1.  

They will certainly be in the mix, definitely not saying they won't win it like you are.

Who will undoubtedly beat them? 

Just now, DevilDog said:

Let me get home and I will gladly divulge the culprits. 

C'mon man, 5AD1 is a juggernaut as you say. Naming off the teams that LV has no shot against shouldn't be too hard.

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Coach King know what he's talking about

Just like he knows what he's talking about when he says "North Mesquite was a fine football team". What do you expect him to say...I'm happy to go against slightly lower competition? No coach will ever come out and say that. I remember Coach Samples telling people how tough DV's district is and how hard it'll be to prepare for teams weekly. But cmon now, no one buys that one bit.

You don't understand coach talk at all lol 

On 12/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, GlenC7 said:

Katy Taylor is close to an exit but there is still some pretty good talent in 6a D2. Guyer, Westfield, and Westlake. Guyers only loss to SLC, and Westfield has one loss to NS by 3 points. Might be the year that Westfield breaks through. I hope so.

The whole argument is.... the California nutzzz can't convince me that this (2019) Katy Taylor would do well in most parts of California.

They wouldn't beat Mater Dei, SJB and few others teams.  But they damn sure could go in the field with teams like JSERRA and several others and give them a 4QT battle to the last minutes.

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Just like he knows what he's talking about when he says "North Mesquite was a fine football team". What do you expect him to say...I'm happy to go against slightly lower competition? No coach will ever come out and say that. I remember Coach Samples telling people how tough DV's district is and how hard it'll be to prepare for teams weekly. But cmon now, no one buys that one bit.

You don't understand coach talk at all lol 

He has 85 years of History backing him.

Lancaster, Tascosa, Manvel, L.S. Highland Park, Ryan, Heritage, Manor, Hutto and Cedar Park and what it's worth Lufkin.   They all will be standing in the Way.  

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

My thoughts on LV in 5A

- Deep playoff runs...Yes

winning championship no guarantees 

No guarantees anyone wins it all. 

But they will consistently be ranked amongst the top 3 yearly, which wouldn't be the case in 6A. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

He has 85 years of History backing him.

Lancaster, Tascosa, Manvel, L.S. Highland Park, Ryan, Heritage, Manor, Hutto and Cedar Park and what it's worth Lufkin.   They all will be standing in the Way.  

Highland Park is losing 15 starters, and possibly Randy Allen. As matter of fact, several of the teams you listed are graduating a bit. Lufkin is getting gutted defensively which was their strength this year.

Granted, HP could be picking up a big DFW transfer at QB...you gotta look closer into these teams instead of naming them off and automatically assuming LV would lose. 

Teams like Westlake, SLC, LV, Temple and others are opening up at AT&T in 2020 (more about this will come out publicly sometime between now and February). You'll get your chance to see LV and others in action early.

I think Ryan, LS and LV will open up as top three teams in 5AD1 next year.

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

C'mon man, 5AD1 is a juggernaut as you say. Naming off the teams that LV has no shot against shouldn't be too hard.

Lobos 6A District Pathetic

Mesquite Horn (3 - 7)  Lost to 5A Highland Park 52 - 25 :  Lost to LV  44 - 20.  

Rockwall Heath (5-5) Lost to 5A McKinney North 56 - 34  LMFAO 🤣/  Yet competitive in that Shitty District and Beat Horn 🤣

Tyler Lee (5-5)  lost to 5A Poteet 19 -14 barely beat  5A''.s. Marshall and Nacodoches by 7 pts each. Yet was one of the top teams in that district. 

5A Poteet went 5 - 6 and lost to 5A McKinney North 56 - 21.   

North Mesquite (2-8) Played the worst damn non district teams in the DFW and lost to a shitty Arl. Sam Houston.  They didn't lose to a 5A team because they were smart enough not to follow the rest of that terrible district. 😂

Mesquite (8-4) Lost to Mesquite Horn.  3rd best team in that District and got worked by Prosper just as Jesuit from the same district beat Longview.  Those teams are equal to 5A McKinney North

Longview and Rockwall the 2 best teams in this District. Longview struggled with 5A Lufkin and Rockwall lost to 5A HP.

I just presented 5A kicking this districts ass. This was a terrible district.  Hell McKinney North arguably would have been the 2nd or 3rd best team in that district. 

Thank God  5A John Tyler had their worst team in years or this would have been much worse. 

Just now, DevilDog said:

Lobos 6A District Pathetic

There are 4-5 teams (LV, RR, Mesquite, Horn and Lee) in that district who would have won JT's district this year.

And I bet you Heath would have been a playoff team. John Tyler nor Texas High was beating Heath this year.

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Longview struggled with 5A Lufkin

You don't know much about that rivalry, but all you need to know is that it'll almost always be close.

They compete against one another from the time they are in 7th grade and know one another like the back of their hands...

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Rockwall lost to 5A HP.

See post about LV-LP. Same almost applicable here.

Put Rockwall up against any other 5AD1 top like LS or Ryan, my money is on Rockwall especially the past few years that they have had Jaxon Smith. 

BTW, you using that as example actually hurts your argument and farther proves my point. RR-HP is close every year. HP is usually top two in all of 5A next to Aledo. You have never seen Rockwall top two in 6A.

12 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

There are 4-5 teams (LV, RR, Mesquite, Horn and Lee) in that district who would have won JT's district this year.

And I bet you Heath would have been a playoff team. John Tyler nor Texas High was beating Heath this year.

Why are you bringing up what someone might have done?  Those teams suck.   John Tyler was pathetic this year.   Lee is equal to Nacogdoches.  Damn.   You keep bringing up teams that lost to teams from JT's district.  Let's do this again.

Rockwall Heath 47 - Horn 31

5A McKinney North 56  Rockwall Heath 21 🤣

Guess what 5A McKinney North and Poteet is from JT's and Texas High's district and played two of these teams. 🤣

I can make the same Statement 5A Mckinney North would have been a top 3 Team in that terrible District. 

Both of these teams are from that District with JT and Texas High and guess what they beat the two 6A Teams from that District. 

You keep up conjecture and I am posting actual games between the TWO.  See exhibit A Below and explain please. 

No those teams outside LV and Rockwall would not have won that district.  

Rockwall Heath (5-5) Lost to 5A McKinney North 56 - 34  LMFAO 🤣

Tyler Lee (5-5)  lost to 5A Poteet 19 -14 

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Why are you bringing up what someone might have done. 

There's no might about it.

You haven't seen these teams like I have....just googled scores.

LV, RR, Mesquite, Horn and Lee would have finished on top that district this year. And Heath would have been a playoff team.

You sleep on Heath but fail to realize what Spradlin is cooking up there. Josh Hoover led the state in passing yardage as a sophomore this year.

Just now, WulfTangClan said:

There's no might about it.

You haven't seen this teams like I have....just googled scores.

Rockwall Heath (5-5) Lost to 5A McKinney North 56 - 34  LMFAO 🤣

Tyler Lee (5-5)  lost to 5A Poteet 19 -14 

That's the quality of teams in LV's DistrIct.  The best team Rockwall after all said and done Lost to 5A Highland Park who is home. 

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Rockwall Heath (5-5) Lost to 5A McKinney North 🤣

So did everyone else in that district.

Heath would have made playoffs no problem in that district. But didn't in 11-6A.

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Tyler Lee (5-5)  lost to 5A Poteet 19 -14 

Yeah, when Lee was missing a few key players. Magnolia blew away Poteet in Round 1.

I saw Magnolia play against Lufkin this year. They would not have beaten Lee. Magnolia was very vulnerable in the front 7 and Lee's strength this year was running with their 2022 FBS pair.

Lee at full strength would've had a shot at winning that district. And no doubt in my mind LV, RR, Mesquite would have ran through it without thinking twice. Heath and Horn would have finished no less than 2nd in that district. 

Those teams would have won and beat down teams in that 5A district.  Except some of those teams played. So Glad 5A Split and destroyed this damn Myth.   Yet you think LV will be automatically be a bad ass at 5A DI. 

Tascosa 6A still playing lost to a 5ADI Amarillo who is at home.   36 - 33 (L)

Rockwall 6A still playing lost to 5A Highland Park who is at Home.

Aledo a 5ADII team 3 classes down loses to a top 6A DI Guyer 60 -57.  A year after destroying them.  They have dominated 6A outside SLC.  And guess who they play this weekend.  Tascosa who should I say again lost to 5A Amarillo.  I got more proof. 

DVille's toughest game in Texas have been 5A Lancaster (Fact) and that includes 3 rounds of 6A Playoffs. 

No conjecture games played.