What up Texas?

DevilDog

I didn't hear about this group of Freshmen 

https://lobohistory.com/years/freshmen/history.html

These are the squads that make up that Terrible district to this day 🤣

Longview Lobos Freshmen.  How could a little bitty 4A School beat a 6A Freshmen 🤣 squad.  Yet no matter what they will always beat 5A Marshall. 

2013 - 3-6 (1-3)
DATE
OPPONENT
TOWN
RESULT
RECORD
Aug 29
   at Coppell    Mesquite, Texas    Loss 47-6
0-1 (0-0)
Sep 05
   at Gilmer    Gilmer, Texas    Loss 36-28
0-2 (0-0)
Sep 12
   vs Marshall    Longview, Texas    Win 26-0
1-2 (0-0)
Sep 19
   vs Lufkin    Longview, Texas    Loss 40-12
1-3 (0-0)
Sep 26
   vs Mesquite    Mesquite, Texas    Win 28-20
2-3 (1-0)
Oct 03
   vs Texas High    Longview, Texas    Win 28-25
3-3 (1-0)
Oct 10
   at Rockwall Heath    Rockwall, Texas    Loss 33-22
3-4 (1-1)
Oct 17
   vs Mesquite Horn    Longview, Texas    Loss 40-27
3-5 (1-2)
Oct 24
   vs North Mesquite    Longview, Texas    Loss 42-25
3-6 (1-3)
Oct 30
   vs Tyler Lee    Longview, Texas    CANCELED
WEATHER

Junior Varsity.  Seems little old Gilmer did just as well as all those 6A teams

2013 - 8-1 (5-0)
DATE
OPPONENT
TOWN
RESULT
RECORD
Aug 29
   at Coppell    Mesquite, Texas    Loss 32-14
0-1 (0-0)
Sep 05
   at Gilmer    Gilmer, Texas    Win 34-12
1-1 (0-0)
Sep 12
   vs Marshall    Longview, Texas    Win 33-6
2-1 (0-0)
Sep 26
   at Mesquite    Mesquite, Texas    Win 33-0
3-1 (1-0)
Oct 03
   vs Texas High    Longview, Texas    Win 20-0
4-1 (1-0)
Oct 10
   vs Rockwall Heath    Longview, Texas    Win 41-7
5-1 (2-0)
Oct 17
   at Mesquite Horn    Mesquite, Texas    Win 27-12
6-1 (3-0)
Oct 24
   vs North Mesquite    Longview, Texas    Win 31-12
7-1 (4-0)
Oct 30
   at Tyler Lee    Tyler, Texas    CANCELED
WEATHER
Nov 07
   vs Rockwall    Longview, Texas    Win 41-7
8-1 (5-0)

13 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Longview Lobos Freshmen.  How could a little bitty 4A School beat a 6A Freshmen 🤣 squad.  Yet no matter what they will always beat 5A Marshall. 

2013 - 3-6 (1-3)
DATE
OPPONENT
TOWN
RESULT
RECORD
Aug 29
0-1 (0-0)
Sep 05
0-2 (0-0)
Sep 12
1-2 (0-0)
Sep 19
1-3 (0-0)
Sep 26
2-3 (1-0)
Oct 03
3-3 (1-0)
Oct 10
3-4 (1-1)
Oct 17
3-5 (1-2)
Oct 24
3-6 (1-3)
Oct 30
WEATHER

2013 - 8-1 (5-0)
DATE
OPPONENT
TOWN
RESULT
RECORD
Aug 29
0-1 (0-0)
Sep 05
1-1 (0-0)
Sep 12
2-1 (0-0)
Sep 26
3-1 (1-0)
Oct 03
4-1 (1-0)
Oct 10
5-1 (2-0)
Oct 17
6-1 (3-0)
Oct 24
7-1 (4-0)
Oct 30
WEATHER
Nov 07
8-1 (5-0)

Longview 2016 loss early in the playoffs for a reason.

The SR class wasn't very good, as you can see above. You didn't hear about that group because it wasn't much to talk about outside of Traveion Webster.

But you heard alot about the groups that came after.

10 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Longview 2016 loss early in the playoffs for a reason.

The SR class wasn't very good, as you can see above. You didn't hear about that group because it wasn't much to talk about outside of Traveion Webster.

But you heard alot about the groups that came after.

I thought in Texas 4A can't compete on any level with 6A.  Clearly 2016 Gilmer would have been a handful against that district

33 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

2013 - 3-6 (1-3)
DATE
OPPONENT
TOWN
RESULT
RECORD
Aug 29
0-1 (0-0)
Sep 05
0-2 (0-0)
Sep 12
1-2 (0-0)
Sep 19
1-3 (0-0)
Sep 26
2-3 (1-0)
Oct 03
3-3 (1-0)
Oct 10
3-4 (1-1)
Oct 17
3-5 (1-2)
Oct 24
3-6 (1-3)
Oct 30
WEATHER

2013 - 8-1 (5-0)
DATE
OPPONENT
TOWN
RESULT
RECORD
Aug 29
0-1 (0-0)
Sep 05
1-1 (0-0)
Sep 12
2-1 (0-0)
Sep 26
3-1 (1-0)
Oct 03
4-1 (1-0)
Oct 10
5-1 (2-0)
Oct 17
6-1 (3-0)
Oct 24
7-1 (4-0)
Oct 30
WEATHER
Nov 07
8-1 (5-0)

Typically small schools will have better chance of beating bigger schools with 9th graders instead of their JV.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Clearly 2016 Gilmer would have been a handful against that district

Cause of a freshman game against Longview's worst 9th grade team in decades?

My god you are clueless. Gilmer had a DL starting on that team that came from LV, but couldnt even get on the field at LV.

But by gawd, they would have done this and that in 6A because of a damn freshman game back in 2013.

Whatever.

DD, you graduated from a small town, huh?

You got an unhealthy fetish for 4A and below ball and pure ignorance toward 5A/6A ball.

I bet you think Daingerfield and Paul Pewitt would have won 11-6A this year.

8 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

DD, you graduated from a small town, huh?

You got an unhealthy fetish for 4A and below ball and pure ignorance toward 5A/6A ball.

I bet you think Daingerfield and Paul Pewitt would have won 11-6A this year.

I bet you're wrong.   What I believe is that 6A is not some magical football.  I do believe that the best teams 1 -20 usually are in 6A.   But when a Mediocre 4A team beats 6A playoff team and when two 5A teams are sitting home while the 2 6A teams one in DI and DII are still playing and are a threat to make State proves a lot.  Like a I said 5A splitting have peeled back the myth.  This whole conversation was not about no damn 4A it was showing you how shitty the Lobos district was and all the 5A teams that kicked their asses including Rockwall who by the way is still playing in DI but lost to another 5A team who is sitting at home.  What is magical about 5A/6A.  Truth be told 4ADI been kicking 5A's ass this year too.    

8 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Cause of a freshman game against Longview's worst 9th grade team in decades?

My god you are clueless. Gilmer had a DL starting on that team that came from LV, but couldnt even get on the field at LV.

But by gawd, they would have done this and that in 6A because of a damn freshman game back in 2013.

Whatever.

That district sucks and yes a good 4A would have done well in that District.  Tyler LEE sucks and you know they do.   Yet they made the playoffs.  Those damn 3rd and 4th Place teams in 5A & 6A suck.  

Look at 5A Nederland.  They made  the playoffs and lost to 4A's WOS and Silsbee sandwiched between losing to 6A Beaumont United.  Like I said the 5A Split we get to see these teams play 4A and 6A.  .  

4A Silsbee 43   5A Nederland 25

6A Beaumont United 35  Nederland 10

3A Newton Their worst team in 4 years

Newton 52  Silsbee 21

Newton 20  WOS 14

ONLY A FOOL WOULD NOT BELIEVE THAT NEWTON WOULD HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN THAT 5A DISTRICT. 

People always quote these damn National Polls.  Look at the Texas Polls including Dave Campbell's all team rankings.  You might blow a gasket.  I guess they have a fetish too. 

Others with a Fetish about Texas Non 6A.  I guess this means they are wrong as well.   

Maxpreps Texas Rankings. Now funny You are all in on they got it right with the 6A.   Yet they see others as well.   10 of the Top 25 are NON 6A.  Dave Campbell's the Texas experts are similar.   Everyone of those 5A Teams played a 6A Team and a few played ranked 6A's.  Go look it up and see if this is so wrong.  You can start with HP, Aledo,  and Lancaster and then see what L.S. did with HP.  And T.C.

T..C. Cedar Hill 50   St. Thomas Catholic 0  .   (TAPPS DI)

6A Playoff Strake Jesuit 28   St. Thomas Catholic 17  

1 Duncanville
2 Carroll (Southlake) 
3 North Shore (Houston) 
4 Guyer (Denton) 
5 Katy
6 Martin (Arlington) 
7 Atascocita (Humble) 
8 Lone Star (Frisco)  5A
9 Rockwall
10 Ryan (Denton) 5A
11 Trinity Christian (Cedar Hill)  TAPPS DII
12-Allen
13 Parish Episcopal (Dallas) TAPPS DI
14 Shadow Creek (Pearland)  5A
15 Lancaster 5A
16 Longview
17 Aledo 5A
18 Westfield (Houston)
19 Carthage 4A
20 Agyle 4A
21 Judson (Converse)
22 Highland Park (Dallas) 5A
23 Lake Travis (Austin)
24 Prosper
25 DeSoto

You can basically sum everything up with  - Texas Football Depth!

The better schools can compete up one to two levels - They are not under normal situations winning state titles in the upper divisions.  

I do believe it’s fare to say that this and that team that has proven themselves can compete with many bigger class schools.  

We are so lucky to have such great quality depth in our state and at some point actual results on the field must not be ignored.

I believe @DevilDog has done great job showing this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That district sucks

You don't know a thing about this state, and that comment shows it.

Only thing that sucks is your knowledge of TXHSFB.

Saying Longview is no different from Lufkin when it comes to playoff success (when Longview has literally been way more successful than Lufkin in playoffs)

Saying 11-6A sucks, when it was rated the toughest 6A district for most of the year this year. 

Saying Shadow Creek will no doubt show out in 6A, but being hesitant toward LV in 5AD1. 

Saying 11-6A is worse than the district Longview is about to be in....probably the most idiotic comment of them all.

You "dont know" if HP would beat Allen or not, but your so sure Lancaster was the best team DV faced this year (even though, anyone who truly knows this state knows Lancaster aint beating Arlington Martin). 

I'm done entertaining stupidity bro. Have at it, you win.

7 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

You still haven't explained why 5A teams kicked their asses.  Other than they would not have beaten LEE 6 weeks later.  I don't care I showed you them getting beat by 5A teams that are not better than 4A teams.   

5A Mesquite Poteet WK#4  they Beat  (6A) Tyler LEE   19 -14.  Yet a shitty 5-5 Lee improved but Poteet would not have beaten them later.  Well because you know that district.  

5A Power Denton Ryan beat Poteet  52 - 6.  Denton Ryan would have probably won that damn District including beating Longview and Rockwall. 

NO ONE BUT YOU THINK THAT DISTRICT DON'T SUCK.   One week after I said we will find out about those Lobos because that district Struck.  Jesuit Suck.   As a Matter of Fact Prosper same district as Jesuit beat another team from that District and Rockwall had a Prayer answered over Allen.    Yet you claim Prosper suck. 🤣

Jesuit is equal to 5A McKinney North. 😄

I am done.   Hopefully I know what I see in McKinney on Saturday when 2 of the best teams in the State meet.  

Peace.  That district is still horrible. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

NO ONE BUT YOU THINK THAT DISTRICT DON'T SUCK.   

You are literally the only person I have seen say 11-6A was trash. But that's not shocking.

Longview got upset this year, they got caught on the right night but acting like they were trash and that Jesuit would beat them 9 times out of 10 is funny as hell. Rockwall is still playing and has a big win over Allen on their resume, also has the #1 player in TX on their roster in Jaxon Smith. Mesquite took a step ahead at 8-4. They were 1-9 two years ago. Lee took a step ahead. Heath took a step ahead. Horn didn't, but they have zero coaching and was playing in a tough district contrary to what you are saying. They have the athletes. 

Another thing about that district, the coaching. Rodney Webb at Rockwall is one of the best offensive minds in TX. Fleener at Mesquite has championship pedigree from his time in Allen as OC, and he even turned around SA Brennan before he came to Mesquite two years ago. Heath just got Coach Spradlin who again, is an offensive genius. Heath went from one of the worst offenses in the state to having a sophomore QB lead the state in passing yardage. They were 6 points away from making playoffs in year 1 with Spradlin! He turned around both Temple and Abilene Cooper and will do the same at Heath. John King is John King. One of the most respected coaches in TX. Traylor at Lee has a full family of football pedigree.

Now Hurdler at Horn is trash and North Mesquite as a whole is in shambles, but name another district in TX with that much coaching pedigree. You can't, but "it sucked". 

24 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

5A Power Denton Ryan beat Poteet  52 - 6.  Denton Ryan would have probably won that damn District including beating Longview and Rockwall. 

Yes...Ryan would have smoked LV and Rockwall because they smoked Poteet.

You suck so bad at analyzing football. 

42 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Saying Longview is no different from Lufkin when it comes to playoff success (when Longview has literally been way more successful than Lufkin in playoffs)

Saying 11-6A sucks, when it was rated the toughest 6A district for most of the year this year. 

Saying Shadow Creek will no doubt show out in 6A, but being hesitant toward LV in 5AD1. 

Saying 11-6A is worse than the district Longview is about to be in....probably the most idiotic comment of them all.

You "dont know" if HP would beat Allen or not, but your so sure Lancaster was the best team DV faced this year (even though, anyone who truly knows this state knows Lancaster aint beating Arlington Martin). 

I'm done entertaining stupidity bro. Have at it, you win.

Add Denton Ryan would've smoked LV and Rockwall to the list cause they smoked Poteet..

26 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Yes...Ryan would have smoked LV and Rockwall because they smoked Poteet.

You suck so bad at analyzing football. 

Where did I say they would have smoked them?  The words I used is this.  And you are great at analyzing football.  Like telling us how great the Lobos were and will be.   You already declared them top 3 next year and not one game has been played. And since there is such a Gap in 5A and 6A.  They should have a cake walk to State after playing in that Tough East Dallas County and Rockwall County District.  Where everyone in the DFW knows is the worst area for Football in the Metroplex along with the Garland Schools. 

This is what I said.  Stop using adjectives for effect. 

"5A Power Denton Ryan beat Poteet  52 - 6.  Denton Ryan would have probably won that damn District including beating Longview and Rockwall". 

Collin County Prosper already beat down one Fraud in the Playoffs from that district and Jesuit beat LV.  Now Prosper have Rockwall.    

Prosper 45  Mesquite 18.  That was a top 3 team in  LV's district.  Jesuit is no great team either.  But I am sure in 5 weeks the Lobos would have killed them.   I bet you had the Lobos winning by many. Yet my Girl who I assume knows nothing either told us they would lose and none of us picked them too.   Believe me she watches just as much football as anyone.  Must be that Underwriting Mind of hers to analyze. 

Please analyze Prosper vs. Rockwall and tell us what will happen.  

Did Maxpreps use any analysis on this or was it darts against the wall. 😂  Could you kindly tell us where they are so wrong and insert the correct teams with your astute analysis.   I can't wait till next year.  Get the 5A excuses up right now.   #22 beat # 9 🤣.  #17 gave #4 Hell. 

1 Duncanville
2 Carroll (Southlake) 
3 North Shore (Houston) 
4 Guyer (Denton) 
5 Katy
6 Martin (Arlington) 
7 Atascocita (Humble) 
8 Lone Star (Frisco)  5A
9 Rockwall
10 Ryan (Denton) 5A
12-Allen
15 Lancaster 5A
16 Longview
17 Aledo 5A
18 Westfield (Houston)
19 Carthage 4A
20 Agyle 4A
21 Judson (Converse)
23 Lake Travis (Austin)
24 Prosper
25 DeSoto

Here is my opinion 

None of this means anyone district sucks or that all these different teams suck.

I am telling you both we have incredible amount of teams with potential to upset teams that most thought was much better.

its really too difficult to predict many game results due to so many well coached teams with potential to simply kick your ass in one game setting.

I enjoy all levels of Texas Football...I would hate to try and predict what would happen if smaller powers played in bigger classes.  What I know for 100% is the potential to get beat would be much greater playing up for these teams.  When the potential to get beat exist weekend and week out those smaller schools would most likely suffer some defeats to teams that for some reason people believe suck.  

you should embrace the very results @DevilDog has shown and take pride in the incredible Depth our state has.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DevilDog said:

#1 thru #5 Texas 6A's are best in Texas  (No lower Division Teams beating them on normal year).

#6 thru #15 Texas 6A's =  #1 thru #6 Texas 5A's.

#1 thru #3 Texas 4A's = #5 thru #10 Texas 5A's.

The Top Texas 4A (#1 on average year) might be around #20 in Texas overall.

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Did Maxpreps use any analysis on this or was it darts against the wall. 😂  Could you kindly tell us where they are so wrong and insert the correct teams with your astute analysis.   I can't wait till next year.  Get the 5A excuses up right now.   #22 beat # 9 🤣.  #17 gave #4 Hell. 

1 Duncanville
2 Carroll (Southlake) 
3 North Shore (Houston) 
4 Guyer (Denton) 
5 Katy
6 Martin (Arlington) 
7 Atascocita (Humble) 
8 Lone Star (Frisco)  5A
9 Rockwall
10 Ryan (Denton) 5A
12-Allen
15 Lancaster 5A
16 Longview
17 Aledo 5A
18 Westfield (Houston)
19 Carthage 4A
20 Agyle 4A
21 Judson (Converse)
23 Lake Travis (Austin)
24 Prosper
25 DeSoto

I think the reality of this conversation is somewhere in the middle.  

I do believe this poll like so many is completely 110% bogus.

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Others with a Fetish about Texas Non 6A.  I guess this means they are wrong as well.   

Maxpreps Texas Rankings. Now funny You are all in on they got it right with the 6A.   Yet they see others as well.   10 of the Top 25 are NON 6A.  Dave Campbell's the Texas experts are similar.   Everyone of those 5A Teams played a 6A Team and a few played ranked 6A's.  Go look it up and see if this is so wrong.  You can start with HP, Aledo,  and Lancaster and then see what L.S. did with HP.  And T.C.

T..C. Cedar Hill 50   St. Thomas Catholic 0  .   (TAPPS DI)

6A Playoff Strake Jesuit 28   St. Thomas Catholic 17  

1 Duncanville
2 Carroll (Southlake) 
3 North Shore (Houston) 
4 Guyer (Denton) 
5 Katy
6 Martin (Arlington) 
7 Atascocita (Humble) 
8 Lone Star (Frisco)  5A
9 Rockwall
10 Ryan (Denton) 5A
12-Allen
15 Lancaster 5A
16 Longview
17 Aledo 5A
18 Westfield (Houston)
19 Carthage 4A
20 Agyle 4A
21 Judson (Converse)
23 Lake Travis (Austin)
24 Prosper
25 DeSoto

Most of this ranking I could agree with...   But I don't think the TAPPS teams should be as high.   I think the best TX TAPPS team would usually top out about #15-20 range in TX....  MOST YEARS!

But I do think the TAPPS teams have been slowly upping their games.  Wont surprise me in a few years to see some TX Super TAPPS team that could go toe-toe with anyone in TEXAS and the country.

My prediction is it will be a team like Plano Prestonwood.

The Top TX 4A would could be in that #20 range.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest said:

You are literally the only person I have seen say 11-6A was trash. But that's not shocking.

Longview got upset this year, they got caught on the right night but acting like they were trash and that Jesuit would beat them 9 times out of 10 is funny as hell. Rockwall is still playing and has a big win over Allen on their resume, also has the #1 player in TX on their roster in Jaxon Smith. Mesquite took a step ahead at 8-4. They were 1-9 two years ago. Lee took a step ahead. Heath took a step ahead. Horn didn't, but they have zero coaching and was playing in a tough district contrary to what you are saying. They have the athletes. 

Another thing about that district, the coaching. Rodney Webb at Rockwall is one of the best offensive minds in TX. Fleener at Mesquite has championship pedigree from his time in Allen as OC, and he even turned around SA Brennan before he came to Mesquite two years ago. Heath just got Coach Spradlin who again, is an offensive genius. Heath went from one of the worst offenses in the state to having a sophomore QB lead the state in passing yardage. They were 6 points away from making playoffs in year 1 with Spradlin! He turned around both Temple and Abilene Cooper and will do the same at Heath. John King is John King. One of the most respected coaches in TX. Traylor at Lee has a full family of football pedigree.

Now Hurdler at Horn is trash and North Mesquite as a whole is in shambles, but name another district in TX with that much coaching pedigree. You can't, but "it sucked". 

Allen's district is not great either.  You can't claim 6A to be super when 5A teams are beating these teams in those districts and I am not talking about the cream of 5A either in many instances.  Tyler Lee, Horn and the others are not very good football teams IMHO.   Duncanville is in another horrible district.  SEE SOC and Skyline the 2nd best team in that district lost to 5A SOC.  There are great coaches in many levels of Texas football.  And many small schools are better coached or equal to their big school counterparts.  That district is not good.  I would take 6A District 5 over that District.   Also 6A District 2. With Permian, Lee, Tascosa and  Frenship over that district.   And District 7 with Desoto, CH, Summitt, SGP,  over that district.  

Other than last year when have anyone in that District won anything. 

I've seen a couple of those Carthage (TX 4A's) teams over the past 6 or so years that could of scored 30 points on anyone in TEXAS and Country.

They were well coached and had the athletes to do it.

Now.. DEPTH (especially on defense) would of killed them against the Elite TX 6A and 5A's in regards to beating them.