What up Texas?

DevilDog

54 minutes ago, Texasball said:

on the flip side - I also watched smaller Stephenville beat Dillard FL who won their South Florida district and ended up losing to Miami Central in 2nd or 3rd Round

6A Dillard had maybe 1,500 students at the time. Stephenville had around 1,000.

Not a "big" disparity.

And, again, class is less important in Florida.

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

On the flip-side..  I just can't get over that one of Carthage's best teams ever (2017;  16-0 Team) still had 20 points a game average put on them by mostly Texas 4A teams.

The stronger Texas 5A's and 6A's would doubled that!

@steeler01

Is this the moment when TexasFrog realizes that we've been right this whole time?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

I might be the only person in the world that can say, “I was at all 3 of those games.”

on the flip side - I also watched smaller Stephenville beat Dillard FL who won their South Florida district and ended up losing to Miami Central in 2nd or 3rd Round

And when Everman had those good 3A Teams one went up to Oklahoma and beat 6A Power Lawton Eisenhower.    NO ONE ISAYING CARTHAGE WOULD BE D'Ville neither are those 6A teams.   I was hoping they moved up to 5A along with Argyle.  

And I am suppose to believe that 5A W.F. Rider a Regional finalist.  Got their asses kicked by 2 4A teams in back to back weeks.  Yet they beat 5ADI Power Amarillo the week before 🤣

Let's try this again.  W.F. Rider 3 games in a row. But somehow they would magically beat these 4A teams if they played them back to back.  I need help with this.  Is as if these games didn't happen and then well they couldn't do it over the season. The same B.S. they used to say about TCU and Boise State.  

Wk#2 W.F Rider beat 5A DI #10 Amarillo 38 -24  Amarillo beats 6A Regional Finalist Tascosa. These are facts not what might happen

WK# 3.  W.F. Rider loses to 4A DI #7 Brownwood 37 - 15 (Thats an ass whipping

Wk#4 W.F Rider loses to 4A DI#5 Dumas 47 -35 @ Home.  Dumas hangs 47 on them.  Amarillo only scores 24.  Both 4A Powers put up 38+ on them

Their only loss in District was to their District Champ Lubbock Cooper 45 -13.  Who they play this weekend. 

Guess what Cooper's only loss to you guessed it 6A Frenship 61 - 53 4OT's.  So if 6A Frenship who lost to lil bitty 4A Hirschi sucks then all of 5A sucks by diminishing returns.  My fellow Texans still think this is 1982 Texas Football. 

Notice no one can explain why these little schools kicked these bigger schools ass.  Remember when I said Newton would Kick Those 3 4A powers asses and they did. Yet I heard the same depth B.S.   22 kids are 22 kids.  Gilmer, Silsbee and WOS they smoked in 2018 and beat 2 of the 3 this year.  

6A DI Regional finalist Rockwall Lost to 5A 3rd round Loser Highland Park 🤣

6A DII Regional Finalist Tascosa  Lost to 5ADI 2nd Rd Loser Amarillo 🤣

5A DII Regional Finalist Rider lost to 2 4A teams including 4ADI Regional finalist Dumas 🤣

4A DI Regional Finalist all beat top 20 5A teams.  (Carthage, La Vega, Springtown, Dumas 🤣

4A DII Regional Finalist WOS and Silsbee.  Lost to 3ADII 3rd Rd Loser Newton 🤣

The Longhorns are full of 6A 4 and 5 Star players and they suck.  Shouldn't all that depth kill TCU with a 3A kid qb from Iowa and a secondary with Texas 3A kid.  Somebody selling Snake Oil.  And how did 3A Kid from Daingerfield  (WR) Mims @ Baylor clown all that big School talent in the Secondary.  

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

And when Everman had those good 3A Teams one went up to Oklahoma and beat 6A Power Lawton Eisenhower.    NO ONE ISAYING CARTHAGE WOULD BE D'Ville neither are those 6A teams.   I was hoping they moved up to 5A along with Argyle.  

And I am suppose to believe that 5A W.F. Rider a Regional finalist.  Got their asses kicked by 2 4A teams in back to back weeks.  Yet they beat 5ADI Power Amarillo the week before 🤣

Let's try this again.  W.F. Rider 3 games in a row. But somehow they would magically beat these 4A teams if they played them back to back.  I need help with this.  Is as if these games didn't happen and then well they couldn't do it over the season. The same B.S. they used to say about TCU and Boise State.  

Wk#2 W.F Rider beat 5A DI #10 Amarillo 38 -24  Amarillo beats 6A Regional Finalist Tascosa. These are facts not what might happen

WK# 3.  W.F. Rider loses to 4A DI #7 Brownwood 37 - 15 (Thats an ass whipping

Wk#4 W.F Rider loses to 4A DI#5 Dumas 47 -35 @ Home.  Dumas hangs 47 on them.  Amarillo only scores 24.  Both 4A Powers put up 38+ on them

Their only loss in District was to their District Champ Lubbock Cooper 45 -13.  Who they play this weekend. 

Guess what Cooper's only loss to you guessed it 6A Frenship 61 - 53 4OT's.  So if 6A Frenship who lost to lil bitty 4A Hirschi sucks then all of 5A sucks by diminishing returns.  My fellow Texans still think this is 1982 Texas Football. 

Notice no one can explain why these little schools kicked these bigger schools ass.  Remember when I said Newton would Kick Those 3 4A powers asses and they did. Yet I heard the same depth B.S.   22 kids are 22 kids.  Gilmer, Silsbee and WOS they smoked in 2018 and beat 2 of the 3 this year.  

6A DI Regional finalist Rockwall Lost to 5A 3rd round Loser Highland Park 🤣

6A DII Regional Finalist Tascosa  Lost to 5ADI 2nd Rd Loser Amarillo 🤣

5A DII Regional Finalist Rider lost to 2 4A teams including 4ADI Regional finalist Dumas 🤣

4A DI Regional Finalist all beat top 20 5A teams.  (Carthage, La Vega, Springtown, Dumas 🤣

4A DII Regional Finalist WOS and Silsbee.  Lost to 3ADII 3rd Rd Loser Newton 🤣

The Longhorns are full of 6A 4 and 5 Star players and they suck.  Shouldn't all that depth kill TCU with a 3A kid qb from Iowa and a secondary with Texas 3A kid.  Somebody selling Snake Oil.  And how did 3A Kid from Daingerfield  (WR) Mims @ Baylor clown all that big School talent in the Secondary.  

I get what you are saying...It all adds up to the quality of football this state produces.

Brock 3A D1 beat Iowa Park 4A this year too -  both Brock and Iowa park are playing tonight in their regional finals.

Pilot Point who won the district that Brock plays in suffered only 1 loss so far and that was to Gunter 35- zip -  Gunter is in the class below. Yet Pottsboro 1 class above Gunter handled Gunter pretty easy.  Pottsboro also whipped 2 4A Schools.

In my opinion - there are schools who can play with bigger classes.

I am basing this next part on opinion and will use Carthage and the district that Longview played as my example.

Carthage - in current district does not truly have teams that can beat them.  The closest game they had was to Van in district and that was 21-7 win for Carthage vs 6-4 team

IMO - You put Carthage in that same district - I am not trying to fully predict the final results...However, I would say every team would have potential to beat Carthage based the potential athletic ability.  I believe it would be pretty high probability that Carthage would lose some games.

i believe all lower level teams would face these types of issues playing up 1 or 2 levels.  If the lower level teams made the playoffs again they would face more teams with the potential to beat them - raising the probability to get beat.

what we have now is individual non district games that prove we have some legit football in our lower classes and that the (A’s) behind the name mean less and less especially in one game non district contest.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Eat shit and disappear loser.  

Bro why would you even engage with someone not from Tx.  Don't know shit about Texas and is just looking for attention. It's easy for me to deduce this is a deranged person.  I ignore his ass.  Not worth your time. Let him play with himself.  You see NO one respects or even responds to this fool other than point out the obvious about him.  Believe me anything you post forces that sick bastard to start googling (insert Texas Team).  

What you won't see is anyone in Texas giving a damn about FL and especially what he thinks about any team in FL.    His interest in conversations about Texas is fucking weird.  Like a damn Stalker.  He's just damn weird and creepy. And he has an affinity to "Clowns and Cucks".  That's just damn creepy. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Bro why would you even engage with someone not from Tx.  Don't know shit about Texas and is just looking for attention. It's easy for me to deduce this is a deranged person.  I ignore his ass.  Not worth your time. Let him play with himself.  You see NO one respects or even responds to this fool other than point out the obvious about him.  Believe me anything you post forces that sick bastard to start googling (insert Texas Team).  

What you want see is anyone in Texas giving a damn about FL and especially what he thinks about any team in FL.    His interest in conversations about Texas is fucking weird.  Like a damn Stalker.  He's just damn weird and creepy. And he has an affinity to "Clowns and Cucks".  That's just damn creepy. 

Exactly, if he’s ignored he’ll eventually go away like an unwanted zit on the a$$. It only gets worse if you pick at it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Exactly, if he’s ignored he’ll eventually go away like an unwanted zit on the a$$. It only gets worse if you pick at it.  

Yeah some weird ass way to attract attention with sarcasm.  To me he's weird and creepy.  That's why You don't really see me entertaining him.  Other than that time I decided to act as repugnant as his creepy ass.  You know he's in the corner with a Dave Campbell's Magazine abusing his little member ad nauseam.   I actually am intrigued by the cross classifications after the 5A Split. People that know Texas know we didn't get these type of games and it was always. The Bigger School would beat them down,.  Now it's they couldn't compete with them over multiple weeks. Disregarding some winning by 2 td's are more.  Liberty Hill rushed for 532 vs. Hutto last year.  The only way I would understand them to get beat down in that larger class was to tire themselves out from running that damn 1950's football.   I have never said that Carthage would Win 6A, 5A or 4A.  I said certain districts suck in larger classes and they would indeed make the playoffs in those districts  IMHO.   Mesquite Horn and Tyler Lee are not BETTER THAN CARTHAGE IN ANY WEEK.  LEE IS EQUAL TO NACOGDOCHES. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yeah some weird ass way to attract attention with sarcasm.  To me he's weird and creepy.  That's why You don't really see me entertaining him.  Other than that time I decided to act as repugnant as his creepy ass.  You know he's in the corner with a Dave Campbell's Magazine abusing his little member ad nauseam.   I actually am intrigued by the cross classifications after the 5A Split. People that know Texas know we didn't get these type of games and it was always. The Bigger School would beat them down,.  Now it's they couldn't compete with them over multiple weeks. Disregarding some winning by 2 td's are more.  Liberty Hill rushed for 532 vs. Hutto last year.  The only way I would understand them to get beat down in that larger class was to tire themselves out from running that damn 1950's football.   I have never said that Carthage would Win 6A, 5A or 4A.  I said certain districts suck in larger classes and they would indeed make the playoffs in those districts  IMHO.   Mesquite Horn and Tyler Lee are not BETTER THAN CARTHAGE IN ANY WEEK.  LEE IS EQUAL TO NACOGDOCHES. 

Who you got tonight Argyle or la Vega? 

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Who you got tonight Argyle or la Vega? 

Man that's tough.  Hard to beat La Vega twice.  I am going with them by 3.   That's one of the better matchups this week along with L.S. and Lancaster and D'ville vs. SLC.  Lone Star has one ridiculous receiver that can break all kind of state records.  

Marvin Mims is a bad bad boy.   Of course he is going to OU. They rule the DFW in recruiting

Just now, DevilDog said:

Man that's tough.  Hard to beat La Vega twice.  I am going with them by 3.   That's one of the better matchups this week along with L.S. and Lancaster and D'ville vs. SLC.  Lone Star has one ridiculous receiver that can break all kind of state records.  

Yep.  Looking forward to all 3 games.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

Yep.  Looking forward to all 3 games.  

Oklahoma pledge Marvin Mims of Frisco Lone Star has a chance to break a state record Friday

Mims has six games with more than 200 yards receiving for undefeated Lone Star (13-0).

Frisco Lone Star wide receiver Marvin Mims has 2,237 receiving yards entering Friday's regional final. (Smiley N. Pool/The Dallas Morning News)
Frisco Lone Star wide receiver Marvin Mims has 2,237 receiving yards entering Friday's regional final. (Smiley N. Pool/The Dallas Morning News)(Smiley N. Pool / Staff Photographer)

Frisco Lone Star four-star wide receiver Marvin Mims has a chance to break the state record for single-season receiving yards Friday.

Mims needs 156 yards in the 5A-I Region II final against Lancaster to surpass the state record of 2,427 yards set by Stephenville’s Cody Cardwell in 1998. Tyler T.K. Gorman’s Judah Bell is No. 2 in state history with 2,352 yards in 2016, according to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football, and statistics kept by Lone Star coaches have Mims at No. 3 with 2,272 yards as a senior.

Mims, an Under Armour All-American who is committed to Oklahoma, has six games with more than 200 yards receiving for undefeated Lone Star (13-0). His season high is 303 yards in a 45-30 victory against College Station in the second round of the playoffs.

Mims (5-11, 161) will be facing a Lancaster defense that limited Frisco Independence quarterback Braylon Braxton to 75 yards on 10-of-31 passing in last week’s 34-10 win. Braxton ranks fifth in the area in 5A in passing yards (3,236) and is tied for second in touchdown passes (45).

Mims has 31 total touchdowns this season, and his 29 touchdown catches are tied for 10th-most in state history for a single season. The state record is 39 by Navasota’s Tren’Davian Dickson in 2014, and Ohio State pledge Jaxon Smith-Njigba is No. 5 on that list with 31 touchdown catches for Rockwall this season.

Mims could play three more games if Lone Star reaches the state title game, and he still has a shot to break the state record for career receiving yards, which is 5,424 by Burnet’s Jordan Shipley from 2000-03. Mims has 5,128 career yards going into Friday’s 7:30 p.m. game against Lancaster (11-2) at Rockwall’s Wilkerson-Sanders Stadium.

Mims’ 2019 game-by-game stats

55-3 win over Richland: 10 catches, 237 yards, 2 touchdowns

75-0 win over Denton: 7 catches, 241 yards, 3 touchdowns

30-19 win over Highland Park: 11 catches, 236 yards, 2 touchdowns

56-13 win over Little Elm: 4 catches, 69 yards, 1 touchdown

55-14 win over Frisco Wakeland: 8 catches, 271 yards, 4 touchdowns

63-14 win over Frisco Independence: 6 catches, 138 yards, 2 touchdowns

41-38 win over The Colony: 6 catches, 134 yards, 2 touchdowns

62-10 win over Frisco Centennial: 5 catches, 208 yards, 3 touchdowns

66-6 win over Frisco Liberty: 7 catches, 150 yards, 2 touchdowns

77-7 win over Frisco Heritage: 9 catches, 182 yards, 3 touchdowns

35-0 win over Mansfield Legacy: Didn’t play

45-30 win over College Station: 11 catches, 303 yards, 3 touchdowns

33-27 overtime win over Highland Park: 10 catches, 100 yards, 2 touchdowns

Mims’ career stats

Statistics were provided by Frisco Lone Star coach Jeff Rayburn. Mims played at Frisco Legacy Christian Academy as a freshman.

2019: 94 catches for 2,272 yards, 29 receiving touchdowns

2018: 59 catches for 1,158 yards, 14 receiving touchdowns

2017: 54 catches for 1,175 yards, 12 receiving touchdowns

2016: 36 catches for 523 yards, 4 receiving touchdowns

Career: 243 catches, 5,128 yards, 59 receiving touchdowns

• Thanks 1

This is how the Paper from the Crib sees it sir

Waco La Vega vs. Argyle

Waco La Vega vs. Argyle. Waco La Vega vs. Argyle.(SportsDay Staff)

Where: Waco’s McLane Stadium (Friday at 7:00 p.m.)

Earlier this season, Argyle head coach Todd Rodgers said his team understood that its Week 2 game against Waco La Vega wouldn’t decide the state championship. Argyle won that game 49-35. Now, for the fourth time in two years — and the second time in the last two postseasons — the game will decide who the 4A Division I Region II champion is. Last year, La Vega beat Argyle in the playoffs en route to the state title. Argyle, led by Bo Hogeboom and his 54 touchdown passes, will try to stop that from happening for the second straight season.

Hoyt’s pick: Argyle 42, Waco la Vega 38

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

This is how the Paper from the Crib sees it sir

Waco La Vega vs. Argyle

Waco La Vega vs. Argyle. Waco La Vega vs. Argyle.(SportsDay Staff)

Where: Waco’s McLane Stadium (Friday at 7:00 p.m.)

Earlier this season, Argyle head coach Todd Rodgers said his team understood that its Week 2 game against Waco La Vega wouldn’t decide the state championship. Argyle won that game 49-35. Now, for the fourth time in two years — and the second time in the last two postseasons — the game will decide who the 4A Division I Region II champion is. Last year, La Vega beat Argyle in the playoffs en route to the state title. Argyle, led by Bo Hogeboom and his 54 touchdown passes, will try to stop that from happening for the second straight season.

Hoyt’s pick: Argyle 42, Waco la Vega 38

They’re kinda going with the score from the 1st game 49-35.