What up Texas?

DevilDog

"In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the UIL will allow schools to broadcast Friday night football games in the upcoming 2020 season."

They should do something smart and keep it that way. North Shore is about an hour and a half down the street from me and in a bad area. I was never going to their home games anyways. There's more than enough people in the immediate area to fill the stands.

They should slap Shadow Creek around by 3 - 4 TDs, unless they give a piss poor effort like they did against Katy last year in their first game.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Champa said:

"In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the UIL will allow schools to broadcast Friday night football games in the upcoming 2020 season."

They should do something smart and keep it that way. North Shore is about an hour and a half down the street from me and in a bad area. I was never going to their home games anyways. There's more than enough people in the immediate area to fill the stands.

They should slap Shadow Creek around by 3 - 4 TDs, unless they give a piss poor effort like they did against Katy last year in their first game.

Give me NS by 14. 35-21

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Yessir, he’s gone.  

I wonder why.... Red Oak was building something special but they’ve lost their coach and a lot of kids went back to a DeSoto from what I understand 

maybe it was just a matter of him moving.... but Duncanville is too close to Red Oak for it to make sense 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I wonder why.... Red Oak was building something special but they’ve lost their coach and a lot of kids went back to a DeSoto from what I understand 

maybe it was just a matter of him moving.... but Duncanville is too close to Red Oak for it to make sense 

Had to be something. Maybe he got beat out? Posters from duncanville in the 6a forum say that parsons is a mover type of kid bcs of his family so if he did get beat out it makes sense but i doibt it. Allegedly his family took off all trace off dhs off their pages. Thats from people within the program. Who knows, hope its nothing bad or deep like that

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

Had to be something. Maybe he got beat out? Posters from duncanville in the 6a forum say that parsons is a mover type of kid bcs of his family so if he did get beat out it makes sense but i doibt it. Allegedly his family took off all trace off dhs off their pages. Thats from people within the program. Who knows, hope its nothing bad or deep like that

If he’s been moving around a lot then maybe it’s best for their program he does move on. This DV  team is very talented without him, so it will be interesting to see who steps up. 

• Thanks 3

On 6/25/2020 at 8:34 PM, Horsefly said:

If he’s been moving around a lot then maybe it’s best for their program he does move on. This DV  team is very talented without him, so it will be interesting to see who steps up. 

I'm hearing some kid from Frisco transferred in and was apparently going to have a shot at starting.  Maybe Samples wanted the sophomore to sit a year or maybe the sophomore didn't appreciate having to compete for a starting job

Either way this seems a bit selfish from what I gather. Maybe there's more to the story

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I'm hearing some kid from Frisco transferred in and was apparently going to have a shot at starting.  Maybe Samples wanted the sophomore to sit a year or maybe the sophomore didn't appreciate having to compete for a starting job

Either way this seems a bit selfish from what I gather. Maybe there's more to the story

I figured it was due to competition, it made no sense otherwise for him to leave DV especially with what they have returning 

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Shit

like lil Wayne once said, what’s understood don’t gotta be explained

maybe that’s a COVID symptom, Texans telling the truth 

Football transfers are the dirty downside of open enrollment school districts in a lot of places, including Texas, although the majority of the state is not open enrollment. Mainly in large cities with multiple high schools. "Stacking the deck" ruins the intended spirit of high school football IMO.

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, rockinl said:

Football transfers are the dirty downside of open enrollment school districts in a lot of places, including Texas, although the majority of the state is not open enrollment. Mainly in large cities with multiple high schools. "Stacking the deck" ruins the intended spirit of high school football IMO.

Key Words:

Open Enrollment School Districts.

8 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Idk about that one....

And I'm partial to Samples being SOC alumni and all 

Mathis is about enthusiasm, high energy, motivation, in your face if needed type guy.

The raw raw wears off sooner or later and his X and O’s are only good when he has superior athletes (His teams hardly ever play sound defense even with good athletes)

IMO - those athletes are making him look better than he really is.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:17 PM, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Idk about that one....

And I'm partial to Samples being SOC alumni and all 

Atm I'm leaning towards Samples.  Mathis didn't do anything special at Marshall but beat the teams he was supposed to basically.  

Carthage and Longview put that work on them.

With that said...It's 2 different styles of coaches.

Mathis is offense minded and in-your-face type.

Samples is more subtle and defensive minded...but will put someone in blast if need be.