What up Texas?

DevilDog

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You don’t understand. LCA has only 250 kids in its entire K-12 school. And it’s coed so half are girls. Could be the biggest upset in OOS game history. 

Oh stop it. 😂

A team that's already played (and lost) a game beats a team replacing basically it's entire off in thier first game of the season and it's all of a sudden the biggest OOS "upset" in game history?

The "ingredients" were ripe for the picking.

I do understand though.

Have you ever heard of Evangel and John Curtis in Louisiana?  Look at thier enrollments.  LCA is similar.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Enrollments:

LCA 250

JCC 850

EC 650

A TX 6A team, especially of Steele’s reputation, had no right losing to LCA. Whoever thought a tiny, private from VA could ever slay a TX 6A. What a night!! 

😂😂😂

I can pick a bunch of 6A Teams that have lost to far far worse than this "Tiny private school" from Virginia.

This same "Tiny private school" that played Pulaski Academy to a 31-20 game.

But eh...Grats to them.  Maybe the other teams in Steele's district will keep them from getting 2nd place.

Grats to the Eagles 👏👏👏

• Like 1

Man Shadow Creek really killed themselves offensively with several key turnovers. Not scoring the touchdown to tie the game right at halftime was soooo huge. North Shore felt better and they probably would’ve won, but man it would’ve been a much closer game had they 1) not thrown an 80 yard pick six and 2) not fumbled inside the two yard line 

that said NS looked really good offensively per usual.  Denver Harris the DB had the two big picks and looked the part of a five star. QB Davis is shifty as usual. Thought #14 King the WR looked great as well. (As well as #19 for Shadow Creek) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

Longview got crushed last night....one of their worst losses in recent history.

I've been telling people about Temple they're are going to be able to play with just about anyone in the state next season. They're are going to be a serious threat in 6A Region 2. But I'm also biased because I have a kid in the program.

Well this doesn't look good.

http://www.katytimes.com/stories/quarterback-mcclelland-no-longer-with-tigers,1825

Lol. Moving from Beaumont to Katy to play football. Guess he can come back home now.

McClelland, a two-year starter and three-year letterman for the Tigers, did not play in Katy’s season opener against Clear Springs on Saturday. McClelland was not listed on the team roster for the game, but he was on the team depth chart and was with the team in League City. The Houston Chronicle reported after the game that McClelland was caught with an illegal substance, according to an anonymous source close to the situation.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:06 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I just hope the UIL doesn’t ban LCA from ever returning to the Lone Star State like they tried to do to IMG after the DeSoto massacre. Fingers crossed. 

My understanding is that the UIL didn't ban Texas schools from playing IMG.  The Texas High School Football Coaches Association, at their annual meeting, agreed among themselves not to schedule IMG again.  I can't find anything that shows the UIL was involved in that decision.

50 minutes ago, Champa said:

Well this doesn't look good.

http://www.katytimes.com/stories/quarterback-mcclelland-no-longer-with-tigers,1825

Lol. Moving from Beaumont to Katy to play football. Guess he can come back home now.

From the 19-6A thread on the Texas 6A Statewide forum:

"Just heard that Coach Joseph told the team in 5th period that BM had withdrawn from KHS & is no longer a part of the team. He was cleared of all accusations and is eligible to play anywhere he chooses. Great talent. Wish him all the best."

6 hours ago, Yard Dart said:

From the 19-6A thread on the Texas 6A Statewide forum:

"Just heard that Coach Joseph told the team in 5th period that BM had withdrawn from KHS & is no longer a part of the team. He was cleared of all accusations and is eligible to play anywhere he chooses. Great talent. Wish him all the best."

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/PAPF_17-18_revised.pdf

He may have a little explaining to do. Look at section 3.

Was this student ever suspended or removed from your school athletic program? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.5.

Would the student be prohibited from participation in athletics had they not changed schools? If yes, attach explanation to DEC.6.

Based on your knowledge of the student and their circumstances, is this student changing schools for athletic purposes

He's actually from Orange. If he came home that would make him a West Orange Stark (God forbid), LCM, or Orangefield player. Maybe there's an opening somewhere at another Katy school, which would be interesting depending on the potential school.

EDIT:https://abc13.com/sports/katy-tigers-star-bronson-mcclelland-withdraws-from-school/6694636/

Looks like he's going to California.

On Thursday, a family representative confirmed to ABC13 that Bronson McClelland withdrew from the school and will finish his primary education in California.