What up Texas?

DevilDog

8 hours ago, RedZone said:

Westlake has a really great QB and better than average OL, but they just don't look like a National Power.

I have North Shore as the best team in Texas this year.

What in the hell do you consider National Power?

Quick look into their winning streak screams national Power!

PS Guyer is damn good in any state and would be #1 in states like Louisiana 

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@Horsefly@Gametyme@Champa  @Frosty4024 @Cracker  @SeaShells21 etc. 

Thanks to each of you as we discussed Texas HS Football, and the playoffs.  What makes our Football special is we all know the Brooks boys at Shiner as well as the QB at Westlake.  Our football culture is unique, and we have had the privilege of watching Westlake own 6A for the last 3 years beating our elite teams and coaches.  Katy, NS, ET, SLC, LT, Guyer etc and hang 40+ on everyone this year.  Coach Dodd the best 6A Coach ever going out like a boss.  A 2 Time National coach of the year.  A whole City rooting for SOC.  SOC has a grandfather that was on that BTW team in the 50's who won the PVIL championship and the last DISD to win a Championship till yesterday.  He had 3 Grandsons starting for SOC yesterday.   SOC played in front of over 45K the largest crowd at State.  Over 212K attended this year.  4th Largest all time.  How cool is that?  Again our State Champ doesn't lose Out of State.  If you lose out of State, the depth in Texas will get you.  You could see all those building up Dville just hoping they would win.  When the people I knew here was telling me each week that the defenses in the DFW was not strong and that would catch up to them. They lost to a Freshmen QB and had a defense they couldn't just line up and run over.  I was truly rooting for coach Samples.  Stephenville and China Spring were 2 strong 4A Squads.  4A beat elite 5A this year.  3A Franklin and the Washington boys.  I would pay double to see the Washington boys vs. the Brooks Boys in a 3A vs 2A Battle for the Little Guys State Championship.  Here are their stats in their championship games.  Really enjoyed looking forward to next year if the Most high is in agreement.  Good year, great football and of course you Homies.   

RUSHING No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg. 

Bryson Washington 17 171 6 165 3 66 9.7 

Bobby Washington 18 102 6 96 0 19 5.3 

Doug Brooks       16     210     0     210     2     79     13.1 
Dalton Brooks     31     196     2     194     3     45     6.3

Denton Guyer (14-2) vs. Austin Westlake (16-0) •  Attendance: 32302

Duncanville (13-2) vs. GP North Shore (15-1)•  Attendance: 42544

Dallas S. Oak Cliff (15-1) vs. Liberty Hill (13-3)•  Attendance: 45769

Well said !!!

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

Westlake has a really great QB and better than average OL, but they just don't look like a National Power.

I have North Shore as the best team in Texas this year.

I think NS would put up a decent game. I just don't think they would win considering Westlake is better then last year and NS is not as good having to replace Demetrius Davis. I think Guyer did bring Westlake down a little bit from the all time status talk. They're still an all time team. I wouldn't go best ever. 

3 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I think NS would put up a decent game. I just don't think they would win considering Westlake is better then last year and NS is not as good having to replace Demetrius Davis. I think Guyer did bring Westlake down a little bit from the all time status talk. They're still an all time team. I wouldn't go best ever. 

Westlake has no running game.  The HB they have would make Westlake one dimensional against a strong front 7

25 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Westlake has no running game.  The HB they have would make Westlake one dimensional against a strong front 7

^This 100% 

Additionally, one player accounted for 263 of the 271 (plus or minus) passing yards. Westlake scored touchdowns on a bad snap on a punt and a 70 yard bomb because the cornerback fell down at the line of scrimmage. WL was the better team, but #2 doesn't struggle like that against Guyer... even as tough as they played. They struggled against their only top 50 opponent, and played nobody else relevant all year. I know Katy is a traditional power, but they were just not good at all this year. What's Katy's best win, anyway?

The Chaps would be too easy for a more talented and well-coached team to pick apart. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

True but Westlake doesn't have to run vs many loaded boxes. I think you need to have a pretty good secondary vs Westlake. Guyer had 3 kids last night in the back end with P5 offers. I wouldn't put Westlake a head of MD but I do think they're a legitimate Top 10 team nationally. As for Texas Id give NS the only team with a shot in state.

What did you think of Liberty Hill ? Lol. That slot t is fun to watch

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

^This 100% 

Additionally, one player accounted for 263 of the 271 (plus or minus) passing yards. Westlake scored touchdowns on a bad snap on a punt and a 70 yard bomb because the cornerback fell down at the line of scrimmage. WL was the better team, but #2 doesn't struggle like that against Guyer... even as tough as they played. They struggled against their only top 50 opponent, and played nobody else relevant all year. I know Katy is a traditional power, but they were just not good at all this year. What's Katy's best win, anyway?

The Chaps would be too easy for a more talented and well-coached team to pick apart. 

Katy’s best win was Tompkins (56-21), a team NS struggled with in the playoffs. 26-20

WL went to Greathouse a lot because the coverage was a big adv. why wouldn’t they continue to go to him. 🤦‍♂️   

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Is this years WL team an all time Texas great? & I’m just asking, not talking trash/ interested in the back and forth. Just wondering if you guys view this WL team as one of the greats.

They’re not the greatest but one of the better ones since ‘13. Along with ‘13 Allen, ‘15 Katy ‘16 LT, and 2018 NS

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Katy’s best win was Tompkins (56-21), a team NS struggled with in the playoffs. 26-20

WL went to Greathouse a lot because the coverage was a big adv. why wouldn’t they continue to go to him. 🤦‍♂️   

Uh, why the facepalm. I’m saying they can’t rely on that against better teams. Do you think I’m criticizing them for throwing to Greathouse? Seriously?

1 minute ago, GoBigBlack said:

He’s the only one capable of doing anything relevant against the top teams. I’ve seen part of almost every single WL game this year. You don’t need to explain anything.

Who cares what you’ve seen, Ive seen 90% of their games this year and last. I don’t value your opinion or assessment as evidence of you thinking cathedral catholic could beat teams in the 15-30 range a range that incl  IMG and SFA.  

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Who cares what you’ve seen, Ive seen 90% of their games this year and last. I don’t value your opinion or assessment as evidence of you thinking cathedral catholic could beat teams in the 15-30 range a range that incl  IMG and SFA.  

Well you’re saying I said things I didn’t say. So if you’re making up the conversation, you win.

9 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Well you’re saying I said things I didn’t say. So if you’re making up the conversation, you win.

👇🏽IMG and SFA are right there at 16 and 17. It wasn’t hard to discredit your post 

2 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Cathedral could probably hang with anyone above 15th. But I haven’t seen every top 30 team, so like you I’m speculating at best. They only lost to Corona Centennial and De La Salle. Olu went on a tear and squeaked out several victories to win a championship. Playoff wins are worth more. I don’t think they’re that good either, but I’m biased because we were up 42-6 at half. They still have a good roster and coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

👇🏽IMG and SFA are right there at 16 and 17. It wasn’t hard to discredit your post 

LMFAO and who said we must be using the Calpreps ratings to determine anything? If I said Cathedral could only hang with anyone outside the top 15, clearly I don’t think they are a top 15. 

Man… you dictate the rules and get to fabricate words I never wrote? You’re unbeatable… the Mater Dei of prepgridiron discussion forums!

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

That's just simply not true. Kubeka just as capable.

Not against Domani Jackson, Cam Sydney, Emmett Moseley, Tetairoia McMillan, Jaden Mickey… 

Theres a big difference between those guys and everyone you’ve played this year, especially when Klubnik won’t have four minutes to go through his progressions.