What up Texas?

DevilDog

4 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Not against Domani Jackson, Cam Sydney, Emmett Moseley, Tetairoia McMillan, Jaden Mickey… 

Theres a big difference between those guys and everyone you’ve played this year, especially when Klubnik won’t have four minutes to go through his progressions. 

Yes he’s capable of making a one on one play against 3*** Cam Sydney and mater dei isn’t the only national team. Good grief man. Do you understand what is being discussed? 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

What does any of this have to do with WL being considered an all time great in TEXAS?  Nothing…

To be an all time great team you better have offensive balance or one of the greatest defenses ever.  A great team doesn't allow a one dimensional offense to beat them. Any all time team would  have a front 4 to stop this years Westlake running game

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

To be an all time great team you better have offensive balance or one of the greatest defenses ever.  A great team doesn't allow a one dimensional offense to beat them. Any all time team would  have a front 4 to stop this years Westlake running game

What are you talking about? I spelled how who and where they are grouped and the timeline with in Texas?

Just now, Horsefly said:

Yes,  I watch a lot of OOS games. I also know MD is not the only national team. That’s the only team you all can reference.  

Cam Sydney was a better cover corner than Domani Jackson, bud. You haven't watched jack.

I've been on the high school football forums for over 23 years. I was watching national games on NFHS before you knew it existed. I know more about football on a national level than 99% of fans, and 99.9999% of Texans. 

If you'd like to discuss what Westlake's defensive backfield would do against Servite's passing attack, I'd love to have the conversation. So who is covering the #2 WR recruit and National Player of the Year, 6'3" Tetairoia McMillan? Also a top 50 volleyball recruit whose team won a national championship. Ya, he's a top 50 volleyball recruit playing middle hitter... at only 6'3". So is the 5'6 sophomore corner taking him, or is he going to cover the #5 TE in the country, 6'4 225lb Keyan Burnett? Then there's Emmett Moseley.  He's currently the #15 overall player in the class of 2024, and Bama offered him before the season. Don't worry, the next two guys on the depth chart are only two stars. 

Servite threw for 340 yards against Mater Dei in their first meeting, without Emmett Moseley. That is far and away the best defensive backfield in the country. And everyone in Texas, including Westlake fans, all agree that the defensive backfield is their weakest position. I could totally see Westlake shutting out Servite and holding TMac to zero catches, though. Totally.

• Thanks 1

Just now, steeler01 said:

I don't think they're an all time Texas team.  I think they feasted on terrible competition

Texas was down as a whole.  Their finals opponent was Allen's level

👇🏽You argue points no one made. And your assessments are silly. Was the D1 finalist the lvl of westfield? 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

They’re not the greatest but one of the better ones since ‘13. Along with ‘13 Allen, ‘15 Katy ‘16 LT, and 2018 NS

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

👇🏽You argue points no one made. And your assessments are silly. Was the D1 finalist the lvl of westfield? 

The finalist changed QBs midway though the season after the loss. 

With that QB in,  we saw what he did vs Duncanville in the series he came in. 

What change did Guyer make?

7 hours ago, steeler01 said:

The finalist changed QBs midway though the season after the loss. 

With that QB in,  we saw what he did vs Duncanville in the series he came in. 

What change did Guyer make?

Here's what I find funny Horse. 2 years ago Duncanville lost JJ before the finals and you downplayed his loss all that week. 

In this thread, you brought up a defensive tackle, and how they couldn't adjust to that till afterwards.  Yes, till they started playing cupcakes on the their path to the finals. Tomball was their semi-finalist opponent for crying out loud

10 hours ago, Gametyme said:

I think NS would put up a decent game. I just don't think they would win considering Westlake is better then last year and NS is not as good having to replace Demetrius Davis. I think Guyer did bring Westlake down a little bit from the all time status talk. They're still an all time team. I wouldn't go best ever. 

I wasn't all that impressed with Westlake or Guyer.

I was more impressed with the Louisiana 5A Public Champ Game honestly. 

Big dudes and fast dudes (ATHS) all over the field....just the speed of the game and contact. College coaches dream game......there were a bunch there.

Ponchatoula-white

Zachary-black

Now the North Shore/Duncanville game was completely different. Just the speed of the game from the players on the field was totally different than the Westlake/Guyer game too....night and day.

Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Big dudes and fast dudes (ATHS) all over the field....just the speed of the game and contact. College coaches dream game......there were a bunch there.

Ponchatoula-white

Zachary-black

Now the North Shore/Duncanville game was completely different. Just the speed of the game from the players on the field was totally different than the Westlake/Guyer game too....night and day.

Just my opinion.

The Zachary/Ponchatoula game didn't draw 45,000 like Texas, but they did have close to 28,000 which is more than respectable for a Champ Game.

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Ponchatoula-white

Zachary-black

Just my opinion.

Westlake would had beaten all those teams imo. Guyer was a solid team this year. Not many teams have 3 P5 kids in the secondary allowing them to take more chances and load the box against Westlake. Westlake had 3 P5 offensive lineman 2 P5 WRs and of course Klubnik. So college coaches definitely like Westlake too. They may not flash like Duncanville and NS but they certainly proved to be the best in Texas this year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Not against Domani Jackson, Cam Sydney, Emmett Moseley, Tetairoia McMillan, Jaden Mickey… 

Theres a big difference between those guys and everyone you’ve played this year, especially when Klubnik won’t have four minutes to go through his progressions. 

Guyer has 3 kids with P5 offers in the secondary. Ryan Yaites and Peyton Bowen are both ranked higher then Sydney and Mosesley. Then Eli Bowen is in the 24 class with an LSU offer. McMillian is a better WR then FS. Domani Jackson is legit ill give you that but I didn't have to use 3 different teams to put up a secondary for Westlake. All the kids I named all play on the same team. 

12 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Cam Sydney was a better cover corner than Domani Jackson, bud. You haven't watched jack.

I've been on the high school football forums for over 23 years. I was watching national games on NFHS before you knew it existed. I know more about football on a national level than 99% of fans, and 99.9999% of Texans. 

If you'd like to discuss what Westlake's defensive backfield would do against Servite's passing attack, I'd love to have the conversation. So who is covering the #2 WR recruit and National Player of the Year, 6'3" Tetairoia McMillan? Also a top 50 volleyball recruit whose team won a national championship. Ya, he's a top 50 volleyball recruit playing middle hitter... at only 6'3". So is the 5'6 sophomore corner taking him, or is he going to cover the #5 TE in the country, 6'4 225lb Keyan Burnett? Then there's Emmett Moseley.  He's currently the #15 overall player in the class of 2024, and Bama offered him before the season. Don't worry, the next two guys on the depth chart are only two stars. 

Servite threw for 340 yards against Mater Dei in their first meeting, without Emmett Moseley. That is far and away the best defensive backfield in the country. And everyone in Texas, including Westlake fans, all agree that the defensive backfield is their weakest position. I could totally see Westlake shutting out Servite and holding TMac to zero catches, though. Totally.

Westlake would double McMillian and make someone else beat you.

5 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Guyer has 3 kids with P5 offers in the secondary. Ryan Yaites and Peyton Bowen are both ranked higher then Sydney and Mosesley. Then Eli Bowen is in the 24 class with an LSU offer. McMillian is a better WR then FS. Domani Jackson is legit ill give you that but I didn't have to use 3 different teams to put up a secondary for Westlake. All the kids I named all play on the same team. 

I mentioned cornerbacks, and I thought two of those guys were safeties. No?  I didn’t see anyone on the field nearly as good as Cam Sydney. 

You’re detracting from my point. I’m not putting together a secondary from four teams here. Those teams all have a corner who would never get smoked for 250 yards and 3 TDs like happened Saturday. And if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be leaving their corner on an island the size of Jamaica with Jaden Greathouse. But you didn’t mention anyone on Westlake. I’m far more interested to hear how their secondary would handle McMillan, Burnett, Moseley, Welsch, and Taylor than how Moseley will be covering Greathouse. We know Greathouse still make plays but we also know he isn’t going to do what he did Saturday. Could you say the same of the Westlake secondary? I don’t think you can, but I’m open to hearing it.

You would at least agree that would be a huge problem for them, right? We can agree on that?

9 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

I mentioned cornerbacks, and I thought two of those guys were safeties. No?  I didn’t see anyone on the field nearly as good as Cam Sydney. 

You’re detracting from my point. I’m not putting together a secondary from four teams here. Those teams all have a corner who would never get smoked for 250 yards and 3 TDs like happened Saturday. And if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be leaving their corner on an island the size of Jamaica with Jaden Greathouse. But you didn’t mention anyone on Westlake. I’m far more interested to hear how their secondary would handle McMillan, Burnett, Moseley, Welsch, and Taylor than how Moseley will be covering Greathouse. We know Greathouse still make plays but we also know he isn’t going to do what he did Saturday. Could you say the same of the Westlake secondary? I don’t think you can, but I’m open to hearing it.

You would at least agree that would be a huge problem for them, right? We can agree on that?

It just depends. Westlake is good enough to take 1 talented WR out of the game. They doubled my kid who is pretty good. #102 in the 23 composite rankings.  So I have seen them take out big time WRs. But ill agree the secondary is Westlake weakness if you have a line that can buy time and a QB that can spin it. Guyer has a 4 star QB he just didn't have time. To be clear I got MD as #1 I just think WL is being under valued

Guyer moves them around. Yaites and Eli Bowen both played some corner Saturday. I get your point though.

15 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Katy’s best win was Tompkins (56-21), a team NS struggled with in the playoffs. 26-20

WL went to Greathouse a lot because the coverage was a big adv. why wouldn’t they continue to go to him. 🤦‍♂️   

Yeah Guyer had absolutely NO CHANCE at guarding him.  Mismatch either way.

13 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

It just depends. Westlake is good enough to take 1 talented WR out of the game. They doubled my kid who is pretty good. #102 in the 23 composite rankings.  So I have seen them take out big time WRs. But ill agree the secondary is Westlake weakness if you have a line that can buy time and a QB that can spin it. Guyer has a 4 star QB he just didn't have time. To be clear I got MD as #1 I just think WL is being under valued

Guyer moves them around. Yaites and Eli Bowen both played some corner Saturday. I get your point though.

If you don’t know Servite’s QB, he was preseason 2nd team all American last season. Quinn Ewers was first team. Noah Fifita was CA sophomore of the year, CA junior of the year, and made multiple all American teams. Not only can he sling it, he ran 21 times against Bosco for 136yds an 3 TDs.

And I might be in love with Jackson Arnold. Said it before the game. But Fifita is a much more competent runner, and with far more weapons at WR than Guyer they’ll spread you out and open up the middle of that defense much more effectively. And that’s a whole different ball game when the offense has a competent running game. 

I’m sure you’ve seen the list of All Americans on the Bosco front. Servite put up 40 on Bosco throwing the ball only 10 times. 300 yards and 5 TDs on the ground against the Bosco front, and 340 yards and 2 TDs against the Mater Dei secondary. 

Arguments can be made for sure, but I don’t see how you can ignore the Westlake defense and how they’d fare not just against an offense like Servite, but any top 15 team with that can run and pass. 

No disrespect intended at all. That’s just what I see.