What up Texas?

DevilDog

On 6/19/2022 at 12:55 PM, Frosty4024 said:

Better than the one I witnessed back home in Louisiana (Bossier City) long ago where a guy stood with the ball just past half-court for an entire quarter waiting for a team to come out of their 2-3.

Funny part.  The team got blitzed with a half-court trap and ended up turning the ball over.  Then Bossier stopped playing games and Arkansas-style pressed them the rest of the game and won by 30+.

Justice served.

As for the clip:

Silsbee's Coach (This was Silsbee correct?) should have one of the defending players stand out of bounds and touch the ball while other player is holding it.  It would force a jump ball.

If any of the "shielding" players tries to wall off player going around...it's an offensive foul.

Sometimes....ya gotta outsmart the system.

How the hell can we be in 2022 playing with antiquated rules

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 2:34 PM, Champa said:

Thanks for voting no on a shot clock,UIL. Now I'll get to witness this in person once or twice a year again.

Thankfully they allowed freshman to play on varsity. The whole idea was dumb as hell to begin with. If you can play you can play. Some beast mode freshman would absolutely slaughter poor kids at the sub varsity levels. Talk about not being fair.

That type of stuff cheapens the integrity of the game.  I wish they would have approved the shot clock. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

That type of stuff cheapens the integrity of the game.  I wish they would have approved the shot clock. 

Just have someone stand out of bounds and touch the ball when someone grabs it.

Jump ball is forced.

They can't walk him off completely from the other side...without committing a foul themselves.

This is allowed for a reason...because it can be stopped by those that know how.

With that said...

Yes...shot clock is needed.  If we can use UIL (college) rules in football, then we can in all sports.

• Like 2

They did force a few jump balls to get them out of it. 

Nobody fouled after the first one because they'd just go right back to doing it and it was a minute or two into the game.

Coach from the team doing it was just salty they lost by about 70 the first meeting. 

If nothing else it made for some interesting crowd commentary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Champa said:

They did force a few jump balls to get them out of it. 

Nobody fouled after the first one because they'd just go right back to doing it and it was a minute or two into the game.

Coach from the team doing it was just salty they lost by about 70 the first meeting. 

If nothing else it made for some interesting crowd commentary.

I kinda get it.

What teams were playing?

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2022/06/28/the-2022-dctf-all-state-7-on-7-team?ref=article_preview_img

OFFENSE

FIRST TEAM

QB — DJ Bailey, DeSoto
RB — Taylor Tatum, Longview
WR — Jadon Porter, Lorena
WR — Johntay Cook, DeSoto
WR — Dre'lon Miller, Silsbee
WR – Landon Ransom, Byron Nelson
UTIL – Damien McDaniel, Hitchcock

DEFENSE

FIRST TEAM

Jayden Plater, Mesquite Horn
Chisom Onwuzurigbo, Fort Bend Hightower
Chris Gant, Klein Collins
Lamont Nickleberry, Childress
Christian Ford, McKinney
Jamarion Ravenell, DeSoto
Taurean York, Temple

Really hope Silsbee can build a good squard around Dre'lon Miller. Don't be your usual weird, bipolar selves.

30 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Stay tuned...

If Tre Johnson's mom is a teacher looking for a new job, I'm sure the perfect opportunity is just waiting for her at Duncanville.

Seriously though, I hear teachers are in big demand in Texas right now. Some schools are pretty desperate.

Stumbled upon this article doing some research… from a FL perspective.  

Nothing we don’t know here, but the writer’s TX mentions might be interesting for the Texans.  

Peeling the onion, it’s another reason why transfers flock to the quality FB schools and facilities in FL in massive free agency.  Coaching stipends are ridiculous and annually there are 100+ HC changes in the state.  The coaching is not remotely close to a GA, OH or TX overall.  If it’s built in FL, you ride it, whether it’s a 2 year Flanagan run or a Miami Central long term power… if they build it, kids will come.  

https://www.si.com/college/ucf/high-school-football/texas-versus-florida

• Like 3

On 6/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Stumbled upon this article doing some research… from a FL perspective.  

Nothing we don’t know here, but the writer’s TX mentions might be interesting for the Texans.  

Peeling the onion, it’s another reason why transfers flock to the quality FB schools and facilities in FL in massive free agency.  Coaching stipends are ridiculous and annually there are 100+ HC changes in the state.  The coaching is not remotely close to a GA, OH or TX overall.  If it’s built in FL, you ride it, whether it’s a 2 year Flanagan run or a Miami Central long term power… if they build it, kids will come.  

https://www.si.com/college/ucf/high-school-football/texas-versus-florida

Eye opening.

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Wrong.

But the kid has no chance to be right. He's been deluded since birth.

D6175A33-4A7A-4161-8EF8-334E13AEBC0C.thumb.jpeg.c45645cc52bb285cabe4426672625a9b.jpeg7DB31DA4-DFA8-4599-B644-EDE92C810383.thumb.jpeg.1eb6ada10ce91c5eccbbf4451900c2c9.jpegD3F4EF3B-85FD-42E9-B59D-367448A8DD55.thumb.jpeg.5f73724b0048e749e73ebb291c23bebd.jpeg

I’m not certain if there is something more accurate in finding D1 athletes.

Although, this seems to say that Texas has produced the most overall athletes and the most HOFs. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nice to see you back, Atticus 🏈

No thread would be complete without a Texan lying and/or manipulating the facts.

Here are the numbers for total *high school* players and active *high school* players since that's what this board is about, that's what's relevant and that's what the kid *actually* claimed.

1.png.0938bfb732c7075fe9f3b82788570341.png

2.png.52b9e2d28e49c4f33b6d81cef2113b84.png

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn't actually know this since ignorance is a big part of being from Texas.

But I also won't rule out the possibility that you knew this and purposefully fished for birthplaces at pro-football-reference which is a super obscure page that isn't readily available.