What up Texas?

DevilDog

7 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

More meaningless word salads from desperate Texan who claims to not care.

If you've got something relevant to the topic please let me know.

Otherwise, I won't be responding.

I guess your research on who had the most offers in Texas failed you? 

12 hours ago, Gametyme said:

I guess your research on who had the most offers in Texas failed you? 

No, I did no research because it's a stupid claim.

What happened to that Alabama offer, dad?

😄

I love looking back at your desperate posts attacking Camden Brown (who signed with Auburn) and King Mack (who committed to Penn State) and your kid is visiting Cal.

It's going to be funny if years of shit-talking turns into a Cal commitment.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

I love looking back at your desperate posts attacking Camden Brown (who signed with Auburn) and King Mack (who committed to Penn State) and your kid is visiting Cal.

Everyone's desperate but finch. 

Starting to worry about you.

You're more desperate now then when you banned yourself for desperation.  lol

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Everyone's desperate but finch. 

Starting to worry about you.

You're more desperate now then when you banned yourself for desperation.  lol

.finch "this forum blows I'm out of here"

RedZone "you'll be back in 2 months"

....HE'S BACK!

😂😂👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2022 at 10:13 AM, Atticus Finch said:

😄

😆 Cal is a high academic school. Auburn offered and Penn State offered. He had 0 interest.  They have 54 offers combined he has 47 🤡 and both are ranked lower. Arch Manning is reaching out on Instagram live to my guy. Arch Manning doesn't even know who the other kids are. 

On 7/9/2022 at 9:50 AM, Atticus Finch said:

The chart was from 2019, numbnuts.

By my count there have been three recruiting classes since then and Texas had been hemmoraghing their lead for the last decade prior to that.

Also, D1 is both FBS *and* FCS.

Finally, Texas has 5 more FBS schools in their state (12 to 7) which means that Texas' tiny lead is basically all because they just have more scholarships to give out.

You're fishing because the underlying truth is undeniable.

You have yet to show any data other than Bowen was correct in the number of D1 players.  

That is a fact. 

Yet you continue to say that his statement was wrong, but you can find NO data to support that.  You are assuming a lot, but offer no proof.  At all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Good for you.

Chalk up another meaningless and insecure point that will mean nothing at all to, well, anything.

You’re projecting again. 

I and I believe I can speak for a decent portion of the board, feel most of your “points” do nothing more than scream insecure and meaningless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pied said:

You have yet to show any data other than Bowen was correct in the number of D1 players.  

That is a fact. 

Apparently accepting 2019 numbers for a 2022 quote is par for the course for deluded Texans.

Another fact that you refuse to accept the underlying truth: if Texas has any lead at all it's just because they have almost twice as many FBS schools. That's it.

5 hours ago, pied said:

Yet you continue to say that his statement was wrong, but you can find NO data to support that.  You are assuming a lot, but offer no proof.  At all.

He *was* wrong about the NFL. 100% wrong. Proven. Dusted.

He's only *practically* wrong about the D1 claim and that's only because I haven't been able to find a current number. But anybody with a lick of sense and character can acknowledge that the underlying fact is that Texas isn't #1 in that either.

4 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I and I believe I can speak for a decent portion of the board, feel most of your “points” do nothing more than scream insecure and meaningless.

I can't account for the fact that my opposition are a bunch of dumbasses.

I mean the guy's only comeback was that a teenager has "heard of" his son and not a couple of other players.

You can bet that when it comes to proving anything by using logic or facts, boneheads like you and super dad will give us the impressions of teenage boys instead.

30 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Apparently accepting 2019 numbers for a 2022 quote is par for the course for deluded Texans.

Another fact that you refuse to accept the underlying truth: if Texas has any lead at all it's just because they have almost twice as many FBS schools. That's it.

YOU provided the numbers lol and now you're somehow making this about me.  

The second sentence is simply spin.  Pretty used to it from you now though.  Still don't know what school/state you support, only that Texas apparently stole your lunch money when you were a kid.  :) 

So since we've proven that the NFL claim was bogus, let's more on to the next claim.

I've been looking for something concrete.

I found a chart from 2019 that showed the trend for the previous decade.

2022-07-08_9-30-37.png.5d473827e9b0fba804519e17ba5835ad.png

Texas being slowly caught and surpassed (2017) and then having slight leads in 2018-2019.

It was 322 (Texas) to 309 (Florida) in 2019.

Texas has 5 more FBS schools than Florida (12 to 7) and at a rate of ~75% in-state signees it's clear that Texas only ever was in first because they have the most schools.

Again, Texas gets crushed on per capita/percentage metrics.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

He *was* wrong about the NFL. 100% wrong. Proven. Dusted.

He's only *practically* wrong about the D1 claim and that's only because I haven't been able to find a current number. But anybody with a lick of sense and character can acknowledge that the underlying fact is that Texas isn't #1 in that either.

Except with the numbers that you have shown.  322 > 309, correct?  I know we talked about math being difficult and that's ok.  

If you don't like the data, take it up with the poster who provided them, @Atticus Finch.  

• Like 1

I am soooooooo behind on this.  Can someone help me out with what the discussion is about?

Someone's son(?) has a scholarship offer to Cal Berkley and somehow this makes him a "bull$4!+ con artist" and there's shade being thrown?

Is this for real?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I can't account for the fact that my opposition are a bunch of dumbasses.

I mean the guy's only comeback was that a teenager has "heard of" his son and not a couple of other players.

You can bet that when it comes to proving anything by using logic or facts, boneheads like you and super dad will give us the impressions of teenage boys instead.

What are you talking about, Atticus?

2 hours ago, pied said:

I am soooooooo behind on this.  Can someone help me out with what the discussion is about?

Someone's son(?) has a scholarship offer to Cal Berkley and somehow this makes him a "bull$4!+ con artist" and there's shade being thrown?

Is this for real?

I think Atticus is upset a high schooler made the comment that Texas has more Division 1 players than Florida; now he’s trying to start WWIII with people from Texas over it 🙄

• Haha 1